8th ave wrote:Do we really only have about 7 voters? lol

No. PM's included, we have about 10. :mrgreen:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:56 am
32 wrote:
8th ave wrote:Do we really only have about 7 voters? lol

No. PM's included, we have about 10. :mrgreen:

Not a bad turnout actually. I got about 16 when I did this the first time and far less when I started to do it back in spring. This sorta thing just isn't for everyone.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:56 pm
Well, when you think about it... Do we have more than 7 or 8 guys on here consistently?

I mean, on the Pacific side, we got me, 8th, and Blackfoot constantly yapping, miggy usually has posted by the time I wake up, Guybrush is on here everywhere in between, and you have martin showing up on game day to chop it up, but besides that most of our other frequent guests are more weekly or twice-weekly type voices. To be honest, I'm surprised we got as many votes as we did.

But hey, when I first came back, this place would get a reply or a post once or twice a day. At least we have it back to where we can run 10+ threads at once and maintain conversation again. Boards go through highs and lows, but this one seems to be on the upswing again. And just wait: everytime we've been on national TV since I've been here, somebody new signs up.

But yeah. I don't think either Warriors board has more than 8 or 9 guys that are chipping in regularly... and maybe that's a good thing. When this board took off and had 20+ voices here (between 2008-2010), there was a lot more confrontation and flaming going on. Just look at RealGM or ESPN or any other highly trafficked Warriors board; when quantity goes past a certain controllable point, quality goes down.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:00 pm
Or, just have a look at 49ers message board...that's a complete mess. Somebody looking from outside would think all of the people cheering for the Niners must be crazy, or retarded, when they read some of the stuff...and one would ask wonder if they are right actually.

15-20 people that will contribute on regular basis, plus some number close to that from people that are here occasionally and it's perfect. We're on the right track.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:11 pm
This forum would be pretty active if there wasn't another Warrior fans were like six or eight people posting were just posting here.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:22 am
MVP: 32. Very refreshing to have this guy return to the board. Not the most ideal departure he had back in the day, but lets just say that 32 Redux puts Michael Jordan Washington Wizards un-retirement to shame.
Quality Poster: 32 - The Quality poster & MVP award kind of goes hand in hand with why i voted for him. If you ask 32 a Question or make a statement you'd be sure to get a honest answer (Or an 8 paragraph diatribe)... I'd vote for you too if Quantity Poster was an option.
Best Thread Starter: Krome, Too be honest I don't follow the game threads (usually at work) but the effort that he puts into the lineups with pics and stats is a chore that should not go unnoticed. Well done Krome.
Most Entertaining: Guybrush - token timezone vote. While you are all sleeping me and him have had some good Australia nighttime/Eastern European lunchtime private messages now & then.. & guybrush is pretty handy to bump the offtopic threads as well with opinion.
Best Fan: 8th Ave, Always got his opinion and you can count on him being here in the dead of offseason to talk warriors basketball
Most Knowledgeable: It's hard for me to judge knowledgable when I've always been a fan of Dunleavy/Don Nelson whilst everyone is ripping their hair out over these two.. so i'll give it to Migya because he seems pretty knowledgable & has a big post count.
Best Sig/Avatar: 8th AVE by default - Warriorsstepup Mr.C & Blackfoot, u guys need to get a avatar so that we can have more options to take down 8th Ave. Boobs/Beers * some form of .GIF is usually a good place to start.
Best Moderator: JREED, my vote goes to him because he was a big help during our fantasy football offline draft. he offered to update the spreadsheet and update the first page. He also was accepting my facebook msgs to tell his xgirlfriend via ams that she was on the clock and it was time to make the pick & probably making an awkward situation even awkwarder.
Rookie-of-the-Year: Ringo. This is my token Aussie vote.
Best Board Moment: Bogut Trade (i spent 20-30 minutes on the John at work & pretended to have a case of diarrhoea whilst this Bogut to Warriors trade was developing)
Worst Board Moment: LacoBOO!!! fans have a right to show disgust but not whilst Chris Mullin was about to accept his jersey retirement (highlight of his life)
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:16 am
Sorry guys, I don't know how I didn't see this post earlier.

MVP: 32. I'm not sure what happened before I arrived but his level of input since then has been consistently at an Allstar level
Quality Poster: Again 32. I just find myself agreeing with almost everything he says.
Best Thread Starter: Migya. I know Krome starts all the game threads and I love that but no-one gets a discussion started better than Migs.
Most Entertaining: Pawno
Best Fan: 8th. Passionate
Most Knowledgeable: 32
Best Sig/Avatar: 8th. I get in trouble eveytime I leave this forum on screen as 8th's signature is usually on there somewhere.
Best Moderator: Guybrush
Rookie-of-the-Year: Blackfoot. He’s playing like a seasoned veteran.
Best Board Moment: Bogut trade. That’s how I got here.
Worst Board Moment: I honestly can’t think of one. It's been all good.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:44 pm
A MESSAGE TO ANYONE WHO VOTED FOR BLACKFOOT FOR ROOKIE OF THE YEAR:

After a PM to confirm our base of action, Blackfoot has relinquished his candidacy for the Rookie-of-the-Year voting, on the grounds of his Joined Date not accurately reflecting his longevity here. "Blackfoot" is his current username, but he has been posting on this site under different aliases for quite a while now. It was the reason I didn't list him as a possible candidate in the OP, but when everyone ran with him as their vote, I saw no reason to rob him of a potential award without consulting him first. We've spoken via PM and he agrees that the award should go to an actual newbie whose helped create topics for discussion here in the past 12 months.

With that information in mind, I'd like to invite migya, JREED, warriorsstepup, 8th Ave, Ringo, and martin to kindly recast their vote for a qualifying candidate, such as Ringo, Stairway Man, ShadsTheWarrior, or Smitty.

If you guys would like to change your vote, please do so by posting a new message in this thread (don't simply edit your previous ballot). For those who do not re-vote and leave their pick as Blackfoot, your votes in that specific category will be nullified.

Thanks guys.

LAST DAY TO VOTE IS THURSDAY!
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:56 pm
Stairway man. Not sure, but he's probably posted the most out of all the ones you've mentioned.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:56 pm
Just out of curiously can we know what other alias blackfoot has posted in the past?

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:35 pm
8th ave wrote:Just out of curiously can we know what other alias blackfoot has posted in the past?

I don't think it's classified information; but I'll let him fill you in if he feels the need, cause it's not really my place.

I know a lot of spammers and trolls got the ban hammer under the previous regime, but so did a couple valued contributors (drfrank is the one I always bring up, but sfsfsfgiants was also a great kid to chat with) and thus far it seems like Blackfoot is anything but a nuisance, so whatever problems the old guard had with him seem to have left with them. So, yeah. I'm comfortable saying that he's a valued member who appears to have been under the boot of mob-mentality that occasionally prevailed in previous days. I'm not trying to trash bada or the old crew around here, since I've recently come to an understand with him via e-mail and while we don't share a board anymore, I do consider bada a friend now. However, (and I believe he'd tell you this himself) the board definitely established a record for bans and warded off members amidst it's period of growth between 07-'10. Blackfoot, via a multitude of usernames, was amongst those caught in the filtering system. If he feels the need to identify his previous usernames, that's up to him. But I doubt he'd disagree that his alias of Blackfoot has been, by far, his most productive one yet.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:58 pm
I did see a lot of mob mentality when I was here and a lot of trashing for no reason. But I was definitely a fair ban, I was kind of an asshole. I am sure a lot don't know me, but I do know that some will know me. Although, I don't think my second ban was all that fair and that was a case of mob mentality, mostly brought on by bigstrads. And from hindsight, I'd say he was definitely a force in driving a lot of duders off.

It's not something I planned on bring up, but since it is a forum I don't think it's that big of a deal, although I am embarrassed by how I acted at points. And it wasn't just how I acted on the board, it was how I acted in real life as well. But I am past that now and have been for a while.

I was oaklandfanatic.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:20 pm
Hey I remember you. Don't remember you being a troll. But oh well.

Hey, 32, I'd love to hear about what you and bada talk about because I do feel what they did was catty. They invited me their new site but that ish was just sketchy as hell and had too much of a... Bob Fitzgerald homer feeling. Just a bunch of gsw high horse warrior fans that couldn't get enough of eachother's dicks.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:40 pm
My amended vote for ROY is Stairway Man
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball