Curry so far earning his money

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:06 am
Guybrush wrote:Harrison does that. He did it in the preseason also, where he played with more confidence. He is the only one that gets some dunks with hard finishes. Just because he shots 5 times per game, doesn't mean he doesn't do it at all...it's just a small sample. With more touches, he will do it more often. He also doesn't use his back to the basket game, his fade away is damn good. And he is just not shooting when he is open. Hopefully, that will change soon.

And I can't say that I agree on Klay...that he is the balanced one. On that amount of shooting he has this season, few drives to the basket is not balanced. Mostly it's a shot of the screen, on the run, over the defender. Though, Curry is just shooting so far.

Good call Guy, looks like the Warriors really need to involve Barnes, by doing so it will take the pressure of Thompson and curry. Barnes needs to be more assertive, hope it continues.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:54 pm
Curry earning that contract right now. 4 straight 20pt/10ast games. We need this consistency from everyone one on this team if we're going to stay in the playoff picture. Although we've showed glimpses of mental breakdowns, we've been able to grind out wins. Mark Jackson says he'd rather learn while winning than to learn a lesson by losing. I couldn't agree more. Needless to say, I'm very proud of this young Warriors squad. We may have finally turned that leaf.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:41 pm
Most impressed with the 10+ assists for consecutive games. When he's looking to set up his teammates, the team as a whole plays better -- AND he finds himself more open when the defense is focusing more on his teammates. Still think Klay Thompson needs to get more touches earlier on in the shot clock and do more of the ballhanding / playmaking. When he went off for almost 20 in the 3rd qtr vs the Pistons, he was getting the ball more early on.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:10 pm
Curry so far is earning the contract extension. I will wait until the end of the regular season if he still putting these numbers up or have a huge impact on this team leading this team to the playoffs to be a successful first year of the contract.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:14 pm
His new contract doesn't start till next year.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:45 am
I like the way that Mark Jackson utilizes Curry in the pick and roll as well as transition game.

It would be interesting to see how much more effective Curry might be when playing shooting guard, moving without the ball off of screens. A "small-ball" lineup of Jack at point guard, Curry at shooting guard, Thompson at small forward, Landry at power forward, and Lee at center for brief periods in a game could possibly light up the scoreboard. Interior defense and rebounding would suffer; however, in certain situations, especially when the Warriors are having difficulty scoring baskets, this smaller lineup might make sense.

Curry is playing great. This team is competitive and is doing it by playing good defense and smart basketball.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:43 pm
Curry is getting some attention league wide. Found this on NBA.com:

http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/2012-13/index.html

MVP Ladder is no joke to be mentioned there....
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:53 pm
Just read that as well. I couldn't believe that I was reading something that was written on nba.com. Those are definitely good news, but what is more important, it's that Curry is actually putting up those numbers for four games in a row. I was wondering what some of the people would say here, cause a lot wee saying that Curry is not a playmaker, and that he would be better used as a SG. I'm not expecting him to be MVP, though it could happen if he upgrades his game even more, but I would really like to see him at All-Star...that would be a step in the right direction, finally, for this franchise, and it would put this team back on the map.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:25 pm
Curry has been better than he ever has been this season and he deserves credit, much of it, but I think Lee has been a bit better and he should really be considered for the allstar game. I can only see ZRandolph as a better PF right now in the West, maybe BGriffin of the Clips. Duncan will likely go Center and Lee has better numbers right now I think.

Either way, allstats or not, the team has been better than I've ever seen them to start as season and look almost certain of making the playoffs. Still too early ofcourse.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:07 pm
If Lee or Curry don't make the all star game- which is very believable- I'm going to officially boycott all All Star events this year. I assume that Lin is going to make it, hence making it ridiculous virtue of that sole fact. The fact is that the all star game is not fair and the rosters should even be expanded to a certain extent.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:37 pm
Curry right now should probably be a reserve behind Chris Paul and Russel Wrestbrook. At least right now.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:24 pm
But there is Tony Parker

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:34 pm
Stairway Man wrote:But there is Tony Parker

If Parker made it over Curry if the all stars were decided today, it would be a life time achievement award, not he has been a better player this year than Curry.

I love Tony Parker though, so it wouldn't bug me.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:39 pm
So Blake Griffin is gonna win the YouTubey, popular children's vote for starter...

But backup PF? How can Lee NOT be on the squad for what he's done this year?

DLee
18.5 PPG, 11.3 RPG, 3.5 APG, 50.5% FG

LeMarcus
20.5 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 2.5 APG, 45.1% FG

ZBo
17.6 PPG, 12.9 RPG, 1.3 APG, 49.8% FG

Al Jefferson
17.4 PPG, 10.7 RPG, 2.0 APG, 48.4% FG

Manimal
12.4 PPG, 10.2 RPG, 0.6 APG, 53.8% FG

Pau
12.6 PPG, 8.8 RPG, 3.5 APG, 42.0% FG

Besides Alderidge, he's got the most points. Besides Randolph, he gets the most boards. Nobody dishes the rock like he does. And outside of Kenneth Faried (who doesn't get NEARLY the looks that Lee gets), nobody else is shooting even close to what Lee is shooting from the field. If David Lee gets snubbed AGAIN, I won't watch any all-star festivities... 3-point contest or otherwise; I don't give a sh*t how many Dubs are participating in the Skills challenge or the shoot-out. It's been 15 f*cking years. Spree in '97 was the last all-star we got. Not Baron Davis. Not Monta Ellis. Not Jason Richardson. I'm tired of Rookie MVPs and Dunk Champions and 3-point participants and Skills challenge trophies. Enough already. Show some damn love already, NBA.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:54 pm
The starting line ups are due to popular vote:
1) CP3
2) Kobe
3) Durant
4) Griffin
5) Howard

Then the rest come based off of merit.... usually winning teams get rewarded:
1) WestBrook
2) Harden
3) Gay
4) Z-Bo
5) Duncan

I put Harden becuase he is a SG, but certainly there are other PG that you could swap him out with that are more deserving:
- Curry, Parker
and other possble SG:
- Manu

In the Front court you have other candidates:
- Lee, M. Gasol, Serge Ibaka, K Love (I don't think he deserves it, but is a popular player)

Of the 2 remaining spot available (1 front court, one back court), I would think Parker gets the nod above curry due to record.
I would think that Lee would get the nod before M. Gasol or Serge Ibaka, since they already have 2 team mates who would be going.
There is always the possibility that both Parker and Curry could go if they don't give Harden the spot and give it to a PG.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball