Game Thread: Warriors @ Washington Wizards 2012-12-08

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:53 pm
Golden State Warriors (12 - 7) @ Washington Wizards (2 - 14)

Start time: 4:00 PM PST @ Verizon Center
Local TV: CSN Bay Area
Nat TV: None

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Festus Ezeli
PF - David Lee
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Washington Wizards:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Emeka Okafor
PF - Chris Singleton
SF - Martell Webster
SG - Bradley Beal
PG - A.J. Price
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:12 pm
Should be a win and I hope by a huge margin, to show dominance by this group of players.

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:46 am
If we don't win this, I am going to be mildly upset, be angry for a little bit, and then calm down. No one wants to see that.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:23 pm
it's so dificult to get excited for this game. looks llike a scrimmage so far - warriors most probably tired and casual and want to get to big lead fast to rest starters, while wizards, well, they are simply bad.
but i don't see how we could fail to score against them.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Seriously. Can we just smash them, please?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:11 pm
you don't let cartier martins beat you, the only martin that you can live with beating you is me :mrgreen:
i expect curry will shoot better from three than 2-8 going on, though.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:31 pm
average win.
ugly game.
terrible wizards.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:34 pm
martin wrote:average win.
ugly game.
terrible wizards.

Awesome breakdown.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:57 pm
All good teams get more than one of those "ugly" wins. The Heat lost to the Wizards last week! I think it was a good win..and necessary one to see how this team can overcome mistakes and adversity.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:01 pm
Anyone who knows up with tat Curry injury? Serious?

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:07 pm
He came back into the game. I am going to say no.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:10 am
a few thoughts:

1) too many jumpers
2) warriors looked fatigued
3) we tried to outrun them but I'da preferred more half court / pound the ball to Lee. Wizards are young and athletic so they were getting back on D.
4) keep Jenkins glued to the bench. dude's a ballhog and makes dumb plays. anything more than 1min / gm is too much. I'm thinking mark jax had him playing cuz a) it's the wizards b) give some players some rest
5) lucky to get outta there with a win

at the end of the day it's a win tho and they made enough plays at crunch time to win, so good sheeit warriors
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:56 am
To me this was the perfect time to use the bench. I know the game was a little too close for comfort, but as you said we looked fatigued and the Wizards were coming off a back to back too. I felt like Jenkins was doing well, with an exception to some things, but i feel he can be very effective if given som more minutes especially considering how fresh he is. I would've gave Tyler some run to see how he's progressing. I would've been happy to see Bazemore get some run too. This is a long road trip with a couple of back-to-backs, we have to go a little deeper into the bench than usual if we want to sustain ourselves and get far. An NBA season in a marathon, not a sprint.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:09 am
A win's a win, but not convincing. Got to at least do the same against Bobcats.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:13 pm
Game notes:

- Just like our game against Cleveland, Washington struck me as an eerily similar team to Warriors' squads of the recent past. The Wizards' game plan, literally, was 100% trying to dupe Golden State into an up-and-down, fast tempo track meet where mistakes happen more frequently and the lesser talented team has more of a shot at winning. It is so shockingly refreshing to be on the other side of that equation: to be the team that wants to slow things down and execute the offense; the team who controls the game through rebounding and tough interior defense. And I mean CONTROLLED the game through rebounding: to the tune of 57 boards grabbed against 37 given up. Wow. That means Washington grabbed less than 10 rebounds a quarter...

- The team was largely cold; with Barnes, Jack, Green, and Jenkins all totaling more than 6 attempts but only managing to shoot a combined 29% (9-for-31). The saving grace was the big 3 of Lee, Curry, and Thompson, who totaled 24, 22, and 23 points respectively at a combined 51%. After all 3 men struggled in early parts of this season, it was pretty sweet to see them do a convincing Run TMC impression. Only I'm pretty sure Chris Mullin never hauled down 17 boards, like Lee did. It marked David's 3rd game (in 20 possible) this season where he topped the 15 rebound mark.

- Carl Landry may be having a tougher go of it lately, fighting through constant low-block double teams and a surplus of physicality... but even though he's not cranking out 18 pointers nightly (like the first 2 weeks of the season), I'll take 12 and 9 out of my backup 4 any day of the week.

- Is Festus Ezeli gonna block some shots this year? I realize he's only getting 16 minutes of run, but he's hovering between 0.8 and 1.0 blocks a game on the season constantly. BWright and ARandolph were shot erasers in limited minutes; maybe I'm being greedy, I love Ezeli's tough inside presence and his physical nature, and he no doubt protects the rim, but I thought this guy was supposed to be a shot-blocker?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Next

Return to Game Threads