Game Thread: Warriors @ Brooklyn Nets 2012-12-07

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:47 pm
martin wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:Nets have been playing well lately, should be a challenging game. I remember the first game they had us in the first half, but we came back the 2nd half and blew them away.

Its been mentioned many times but the warriors always seem to start slow.

Detroit game's start was very good (as well as third quarter) pushing the ball, getting open shots, taking shots in transition, letting curry shoot stepping into the point while coming down court. And high picks as well. Our shooters, curry and thompson are much better suited to shoot off the high picks than just keep runing through multiple screens. For one, their feet are better set because they don't have to turn around coming of screens and thus win extra time to have their bodies prepared for shot. Plus, they get less tired, and can play better defense and log more minutes. And there's nothing like seeing couple of balls thread the net for a shooter. Hopefully this becomes the trend.

Great points couldnt agree more

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:52 pm
wow ezeli is like unbelievably bad on offense
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:53 pm
How the **** is Ezeli finishing tonight???? He doesn't believe in himself AT ALL

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:55 pm
Now thats how you finish Klay
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:01 pm
Too many one on ones for my taste.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:04 pm
if ezeli would've finished couple of easy plays we would be tied. common stick it to them. curry seems to be going 'who's the better dribbler' with williams. wtf?

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Dont know the last time I saw Jenkins miss a jumper

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:08 pm
That 2nd unit, gotta love it.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:08 pm
love the pace of this game. gotta cool off net's three point shooting, though.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:15 pm
nice ball and overall movement by both teams. beautiful basketball

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:18 pm
a treat of nellie ball so far. love it

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:19 pm
That Curry-basket in transition... wow. So effortless, as the comentator pointed out. Gotta love his game.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:23 pm
Damn that bounce pass was too nice

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:25 pm
martin wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:
martin wrote:so you put money on nets, thinking they (nets) will win. warriors lose, you win change.
if you put money on warriors, thinking they will win, but they lose, then you would have payed to see warriors play and saved your moral integrity.
if you put money on warriors and warriors win, but you thought nets would win, you won triple the money and been surprised.
never bet against your own team - my rule as a fan.
my rule as bet junkie - if you don't think your team can win or cover the spread, don't bet on that game.

i hope warriors come out gunning and blow this overhyped team out, like the ny did yesterday to miami. we have better shooters, better pfs and a pg who is on a roll.
the only advantage for the nets is homecourt and sf position, but barnes seem to have been able to sweep most predictions under the rug.
if ezeli/biedrins can contain blatche to start the game and curry/thompson hit some early threes i see avery johnson going small. lee seems to have been able to contain kris kardashian last time and own him on offense. i don't think landry will be overplayed by teletovic.
If we dictate the tempo and push the ball we have all the chances in the world. Certainly nothing so low as 30-70. More like 48-52.
So, if i bet on warriors, but they lose, i have payed to see them win, but they simply lost.

No need to complicate it.

Pay to see them win.

If they lose I get extra cash.

I do think the Nets will cover the -6, though. And I am a betting junkie too.

Ok, just for the sake of not betting against your team. Do you think the warriors won't cover + 12,5? It's 1.35 line for this - same as for the nets win. For that not to happen it would have to pretty much be a blowout game. Do you think we are that bad?
So you take the warriors on this one, you still root for them, and if they play a good game, but lose, you still get the money, except betting for the warriors :)
The money line on nets is just very low. And if we can beat clippers at their court, I assume we have a good chance of hanging in with nets.

The line wasn't +12.5?

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:26 pm
AndreasRiis wrote:That Curry-basket in transition... wow. So effortless, as the comentator pointed out. Gotta love his game.

that is curry's game, slowing him down means destroying his talents, which are extraordinary.
mike brown learned the lesson (smart was unable to learn and jackson seems to do better with curry) when he made lebron in cleveland half court slow it down player, for different reasons though.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads