Andrew Bynum

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:56 pm
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie

Bynum got big.

I think he'll be better than Howard, and it won't even be close.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:59 pm
i dont think he'll be better than howard but he'll definitely be pretty good.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:07 pm
he looks like shaq in his first year with miami :shock:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:10 pm
E-Man wrote:he looks like shaq in his first year with miami :shock:

i immediatly though to shaq too, but bynum is in better shape then shaq ever was... although i dont like the lakers, i root for the young bynum. too bad i didnt get him in fantasy. guys gonna be a stud.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:04 am
Wow, he bulked up tremendously. He's freaking huge! I don't know what his momma has been feeding him since he started rehabbing.

As far as being better than Howard... I don't think so. But he will be a beast on the block. I think, in the end, he'll have a more polished offensive game than Howard will.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:15 am
xbay wrote:Wow, he bulked up tremendously. He's freaking huge! I don't know what his momma has been feeding him since he started rehabbing.

As far as being better than Howard... I don't think so. But he will be a beast on the block. I think, in the end, he'll have a more polished offensive game than Howard will.

Agreed with the Howard thing..............the only thing Bynum will have on Howard is a better arsenal of moves (thanks to Kareem behind the scences)

But he will never be as dominant and nimble as Howard is..............Howard is huge but lean and quick, a quicker and higher jumper than Bynum and in my mind stronger.

We shall see.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:29 am
bynum and howard will both be great in to different aspects of the game. they both will score, but bynum will eventually be more of a scoring center. they both will defend, but howard will give you close to 3 blocks a game and bynum maybe 1-2. they will both be rebounding beasts, but with howard agility and stooper length i think he may average a couple more than bynum.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:21 pm
if you think bynum got big look at oden

http://www.portlandtrailbloggers.com/ar ... ear-makes/

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:14 pm
saintdee wrote:if you think bynum got big look at oden

http://www.portlandtrailbloggers.com/ar ... ear-makes/

yeah, but at least oden's was expected. When he got injured last year, he told us he was gonna be doing that (i.e. get bigger). I think Bynum getting big was more of a shocker. Either way, the NBA better hope these kids stay healthy, cuz chances are they can be fun to watch for a long time
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:30 am
bigstrads wrote:
xbay wrote:Wow, he bulked up tremendously. He's freaking huge! I don't know what his momma has been feeding him since he started rehabbing.

Agreed with the Howard thing..............the only thing Bynum will have on Howard is a better arsenal of moves (thanks to Kareem behind the scences)

But he will never be as dominant and nimble as Howard is..............Howard is huge but lean and quick, a quicker and higher jumper than Bynum and in my mind stronger.

We shall see.

isnt patrick over on howard's corner?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:55 am
8th ave wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

We shall see.

isnt patrick over on howard's corner?

Patrick's an Assistant Coach with the Magic yep, and does all the things an assistant coach does............but Kareem is a special assistant, who was employed soley to work with Bynum.

Plus, Patrick didnt have anywhere near the moves Kareem had. :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:22 am
bigstrads wrote:Patrick's an Assistant Coach with the Magic yep, and does all the things an assistant coach does............but Kareem is a special assistant, who was employed soley to work with Bynum.

i know, right? i mean let's look at ewing's latest pupil before howard...gentlemen, i give you KWAME BROWN.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:56 am
E-Man wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Patrick's an Assistant Coach with the Magic yep, and does all the things an assistant coach does............but Kareem is a special assistant, who was employed soley to work with Bynum.

i know, right? i mean let's look at ewing's latest pupil before howard...gentlemen, i give you KWAME BROWN.

Ewing may not have made a great post player out of anyone yet but the guy was one of the best Centers and I do think he is comparable to Kareem. Not as good but not far off

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:18 am
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:

Ewing may not have made a great post player out of anyone yet but the guy was one of the best Centers and I do think he is comparable to Kareem. Not as good but not far off

Not doubting Ewing in any way...............its just that he was a power player, who then turned into a pure mid-range jump shooter.

Where as Kareem was all finess and had a wide array of moves to pull.

Hence, I believe that Kareem would have more to teach Bynum in terms of moves and variety of scoring, whereas Ewing can mold Howard into the power beast that he is already.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:26 am
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:

Not doubting Ewing in any way...............its just that he was a power player, who then turned into a pure mid-range jump shooter.

Where as Kareem was all finess and had a wide array of moves to pull.

Hence, I believe that Kareem would have more to teach Bynum in terms of moves and variety of scoring, whereas Ewing can mold Howard into the power beast that he is already.

I understand what you're saying, and Kareem did have a great offensive game but Ewing was more than just a power player. He had a great turn around jumper on the baseline, hooks and unorthodox drives to the basket that were effective. He should be teaching Dwight Howard to get a jump shot and some skills inside, besides just power like Dwight does

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to NBA Forum