Game Thread: Warriors @ Portland Trail Blazers 11-18-2005

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

How many points will the Warriors win/lose by?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:19 am

+10
88%
+5
No votes
+1
13%
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes : 8

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:19 am
Golden State Warriors (5-4) @ Portland Trail Blazers (3-3)

Start time 7:00 PM PST @ The Rose Garden

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Mike Dunleavy
PF - Troy Murphy
C - Adonal Foyle

Probable starters for the Los Angeles Clippers
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Sebastian Telfair
SG - Sergei Monia
SF - Darius Miles
PF - Zach Randolph
C - Joel Przybilla

Team leaders
PPG - J. Richardson (21.8 ) | Z. Randolph (20.5)
RPG - T. Murphy (8.7) | Z. Randolph (11.0)
APG - B. Davis (8.0) | J. Jack (4.0)
SPG - B. Davis (2.3) | D. Miles (2.0)
BPG - A. Foyle (2.2) | J. Przybilla (2.2)

Matchups this Season
Nov 18 - Golden State Warriors @ Portland Trail Blazers
Jan 28 - Portland Trail Blazers @ Golden State Warriors
Apr 15 - Golden State Warriors @ Portland Trail Blazers
Apr 17 - Portland Trail Blazers @ Golden State Warriors
Last edited by krome on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:48 am
This is going to be a difficult game, the Blazers have a promising roster, full of talented players, and a great head coach. They may be contending soon for a ring.

Warriors by +50.

BTW, I wasn't kidding about their coach. It's the only decent thing about that team right now.

And wtf is up with Darius Miles?, he's averaging 21.6 points and 6.8 rebounds per game. Is he playing that good this year or just a fluke?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:54 am
HAHAHAHA

The Blazers do look like they are not going to do much this season BUT they have a team of youngsters that could do something good in 3 or 4 years!

Darius Miles is looking great but it is probably just a temporary thing and he will go back to his usual ways. He has the talent to be real good but it will still take another year or two for him to be consistently good.

This is another danger game as the Warriors seem to be back to their inconsistent, unspectacular ways. They are not smashing teams like they have the ability to do and they are yet to play their style of run and gun and score big

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:46 am
migya wrote:Darius Miles is looking great but it is probably just a temporary thing and he will go back to his usual ways. He has the talent to be real good but it will still take another year or two for him to be consistently good.

Another year or two?, we've been hearing that since the Clippers drafted him. At this pace, he'll retire and people will keep saying "give the kid another year or two, he'll be really good". But for now, his numbers are impressive.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:53 pm
It's the Blazers, Warriors should be able to blow them out. Their best player is not on the court, it's on their bench - their coach.

Hey I'd rather have Darius Miles than Dunleavy, but whatever, we gotta make do with what we got.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:47 am
semaru_baka wrote:Hey I'd rather have Darius Miles than Dunleavy, but whatever, we gotta make do with what we got.

Who wouldn't?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:12 am
TMC wrote:
semaru_baka wrote:Hey I'd rather have Darius Miles than Dunleavy, but whatever, we gotta make do with what we got.

Who wouldn't?

Yeah, but would u make that trade before the season began?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:35 am
The Real Newman wrote:Yeah, but would u make that trade before the season began?

You mean before re-signing Dunleavy?, then no way, as we'd be able to get rid of Dun first.

No one was great at the time, so it's a matter of deciding who was the lesser evil.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:18 am
The Ws will be hungry for a win tonight after the dissappointmrnt of cumming up short wed. They should be able to blow this team out. Miles is good, but I think his numbers reflect the team of underachievers he is on. MP should be able to slow him down with the impressive D he is displaying this season, or hopefully Dun will rebound and use this game to get more aggressive on both ends.
Go Warriors!!!

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:21 am
I think miles' numbers are inflated cuz he seems to be a decent scorer on a team with no other scorers. someone's got to shoot the ball! although i'm just guessing..haven't seent he jailbreakers play. i'm thinking the warriors and montgomery are pissed about letting the bucks game get away, so they'll take it out on the these guys and show up with an overall good game.

I also like what monty is doing. he's not afraid to change the rotation based on how his players are doing (unlike earlier in the year when he was more concerned about getting everyone some time). He's been benching MDJ early when he misses his first few shots, but he lets him stay in when he's been hitting them to get his confidence up. He also let Baron just launch 3's out of nowhere a couple of games ago when we were blowing out Chicago to let BD get his shooting confidence back too
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:23 pm
what I said..

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:27 pm
haha z, i probably started that post and got distracted, so when i finally posted, you put that up..
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:32 pm
Darious is better than dun but before the season, I would have said that Miles' defense was the only reason I'd take him over dun. Miles has not been anything good really except for so far this season and that will probably not last

Dun may actually fit our team better!

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:34 pm
I think everyone is playing beter than dunleavy at the begining of the season. I just hope he starts playing better. I think he would produce more of the bench
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:46 pm
He should get his minutes significantly reduced if he keeps this up. Zarko should get some more court time. He is a great shooter so that would help the offense at least

Next

Return to Game Threads