Tim Lincecum

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:33 am
Voters also love big stats and milestones Tim's Ks will likely be the reason he'll win. I understand Ws play a major roll, but when was the last time we've seen a pitcher this good on a team this bad?
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:31 pm
Exactly the garbage start Timmy did not need. A lot of voters probably tuned in to get a late look at at him. Hope it doesn't leave a lasting impression.

I can't think of a worst start this season. He was extremely erratic the short time he was out there. To top it off he fell out of the NL ERA lead. :evil:

Still got 9 K's and broke the SF single season record. =D>

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:55 am
Foyle4Life AKA JREED23 wrote:Voters also love big stats and milestones Tim's Ks will likely be the reason he'll win. I understand Ws play a major roll, but when was the last time we've seen a pitcher this good on a team this bad?

K's are just a supplement, his era will be the reason he wins...at this point its official...webb wont win, he'll gather a good chunk of votes but i doubt there will be enough dumb voters to land him the award...it's tims, unless he blows up today...and then it might go to santana

kinda sad that santana came out of nowhere and slipped into era lead at the very end

but its ok...the cy young is tim's for the taking with a good finale today
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:29 pm
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 13L3RS.DTL

Congrats!!! :D =D>

Good to see Timmy get the recognition from his peers. Hopefully the Cy Young voters feel the same.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:58 pm
kinda makes me think he won't get it now. i've seen players win the player of the year award and they don't win MVP. It's like a consolation prize for not winning the big one before the big awards come out.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:54 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:kinda makes me think he won't get it now. i've seen players win the player of the year award and they don't win MVP. It's like a consolation prize for not winning the big one before the big awards come out.

jeez way to jinx it rob.

no but in all honesty, Tim Beasticolm deserves the CY hands down. Most quality starts by far, most K's, he was the Best pitcher. His peers were most feared to hit him (in essence, what this reward stands for)

Anyway, Cy or not, this honor is great too
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:26 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:kinda makes me think he won't get it now. i've seen players win the player of the year award and they don't win MVP. It's like a consolation prize for not winning the big one before the big awards come out.

jeez way to jinx it rob.

no but in all honesty, Tim Beasticolm deserves the CY hands down. Most quality starts by far, most K's, he was the Best pitcher. His peers were most feared to hit him (in essence, what this reward stands for)

Anyway, Cy or not, this honor is great too

he should get the cy young and i hope he does.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:26 pm
just announced. Lincecum is Cy Young
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:13 pm
YUPPPPP.... so happy to hear this. At least there is something positive about the giants in the offseason. Now to see what management does with signing or trading for players
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:28 pm
ESPN Is already questioning whether or not the writers got it wrong.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:35 pm
Rehren1296 wrote:ESPN Is already questioning whether or not the writers got it wrong.

Yeah PTI with Wilbon and Rielly (not to be confused with Riali) both disagreed with the writers. But that's their arrogance. One doesn't follow much baseball, while the other one has a huge east coast bias and loves his Cubs. 23 first place votes out of 32 is pretty dominant. second place only had 7. PLUS, the Players voted for Linc too.

Whats there to complain about

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:52 pm
Thatta boy, Timmy!
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:51 pm
They got it right, Timmy earns it. Despite Webb having more wins and Santana with the higher winning percentage during the second half of the season, Timmy earned it. Why? Because he was simply... DOMINANT ALL SEASON LONG.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:20 am
of all those pitchers... you have to admit... tim lost some games because he had no run support to work with. If the giants more offense i bet you tim would have gotten even more first place votes
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:45 am
Along with the Cy Young award Timmy L. will be the cover boy for the new MLB 2K9 game. He had a fantastic year, the only player I could see an argument for going against him was Lidge. Webb really wasnt that good, when you consider his start....he fizzled out at the end of the year and Santana was great at the end of the year when his team sucked...but Timmy was great all season.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board