College Football Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:32 pm
LOL @ USC. They seriously just lost to Oregon State? Again? Hahaha. I don't care about Oregon St, but I hate USC. I know UCLA fans are laughing at their neighbors..
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:27 pm
Location: Dixon
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:40 pm
Cal fan here.

I love to see them lose but watch the coverage PAC 10 gets in a loss as opposed to any win.

Rookie
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:34 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:56 pm
Down goes SC!!! HAHAHA I love it!!! a bunch of my friends are USC fans too so it makes it that much more sweeter!!!

GOTTA LOVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:16 am
Linc Mob wrote:Cal fan here.

I love to see them lose but watch the coverage PAC 10 gets in a loss as opposed to any win.


PAC 10 gets ESPN coverage? :shock: :wink:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:38 pm
man... anyone watching the Notre dame game... 4th ot now

Role Player
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:44 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:39 am
bears ranked 21! HAH! too bad thatll go away once we lose to usc. :banghead:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:53 pm
Bada! How about those Huskies? Taking out number three ranked USC at home. I've got to say while I'm laughing, I'm pissed cause I wanted my Golden Bears to take USC out first.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:12 pm
xbay wrote:Bada! How about those Huskies? Taking out number three ranked USC at home. I've got to say while I'm laughing, I'm pissed cause I wanted my Golden Bears to take USC out first.


man, did this team miss matt barkely or what. Aaron Corp sucks.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:08 pm
I played in a golf tournament at Tilden today so I had sporadic cell coverage. I was checking the score as much as I could and I was SO FIRED UP! I mean before last week with the Huskies beating nasty Idaho, this team had lost 15 games in a row and now they beat USC.

Great win for a once proud and dominant program. Sark has done a fantastic job already there.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:35 am
bada wrote:I played in a golf tournament at Tilden today so I had sporadic cell coverage. I was checking the score as much as I could and I was SO FIRED UP! I mean before last week with the Huskies beating nasty Idaho, this team had lost 15 games in a row and now they beat USC.

Great win for a once proud and dominant program. Sark has done a fantastic job already there.


Steve Sarkesian was a great QB, a great assistant at all his positions... you knew he would continue his success when he became a head coach. I am glad you got him bada... i like Jim Harbaugh with my Stanford Cardinal as well. Both are making the Pac10 become a dominant conference.

All Star
Posts: 3136
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:12 pm
That was a huge win by the huskies against the "Mighty Trojans", I knew this was USC's year to fall and fall hard but not so soon. I see them falling to Cal, and probably another 1 or 2 more teams this season. I remember when Mark Sanchez declared for the NFL draft and Pete Carroll bashed him saying he was not ready, I see why Now.

So how do you guys think will win the Heisman ? The choices are kind of obvoius and of course the teams record will matter. Although kind of early Javid Best is making the case, and of course Tebow, and Colt McCoy from Texas, too bad for Bradford he should have entered the draft.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:37 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:So how do you guys think will win the Heisman ? The choices are kind of obvoius and of course the teams record will matter. Although kind of early Javid Best is making the case, and of course Tebow, and Colt McCoy from Texas, too bad for Bradford he should have entered the draft.


What Best needs are those impressive numbers that open your eyes and makes your jaw drop in awe. Sorta like what Reggie Bush did. He's already got one in his book; the five touchdown game against the Gophers. He needs to continue to post up big numbers and Cal needs to continue winning. I think how he performs against USC may show many where he truly stands among the Heisman rankings.

I don't think Tebow will win it, again. McCoy could make a case for it. And I think Snead, the Ole Miss QB, who was considered early on, has dropped out after losing to the Gamecocks tonight.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:16 am
xbay wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:So how do you guys think will win the Heisman ? The choices are kind of obvoius and of course the teams record will matter. Although kind of early Javid Best is making the case, and of course Tebow, and Colt McCoy from Texas, too bad for Bradford he should have entered the draft.


What Best needs are those impressive numbers that open your eyes and makes your jaw drop in awe. Sorta like what Reggie Bush did. He's already got one in his book; the five touchdown game against the Gophers. He needs to continue to post up big numbers and Cal needs to continue winning. I think how he performs against USC may show many where he truly stands among the Heisman rankings.

I don't think Tebow will win it, again. McCoy could make a case for it. And I think Snead, the Ole Miss QB, who was considered early on, has dropped out after losing to the Gamecocks tonight.


Jahvid Best needs to keep piling on in the late stages of the game. His 5TD performance against Minnesota was way more impressive on paper than it was on Turf. He tore it up in the first half, running all over the Gophers, but in the 2nd half, while he did get in the endzone twice, he didnt look all that impressive running the ball. When you have a RB like him, you should be feeding him in the 2nd half and letting him grind the game away. There were a few series when that game was pretty close that Jahvid was on the sidelines because he had been ineffective after the break.

All Star
Posts: 3136
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:16 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
xbay wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:So how do you guys think will win the Heisman ? The choices are kind of obvoius and of course the teams record will matter. Although kind of early Javid Best is making the case, and of course Tebow, and Colt McCoy from Texas, too bad for Bradford he should have entered the draft.


What Best needs are those impressive numbers that open your eyes and makes your jaw drop in awe. Sorta like what Reggie Bush did. He's already got one in his book; the five touchdown game against the Gophers. He needs to continue to post up big numbers and Cal needs to continue winning. I think how he performs against USC may show many where he truly stands among the Heisman rankings.

I don't think Tebow will win it, again. McCoy could make a case for it. And I think Snead, the Ole Miss QB, who was considered early on, has dropped out after losing to the Gamecocks tonight.


Jahvid Best needs to keep piling on in the late stages of the game. His 5TD performance against Minnesota was way more impressive on paper than it was on Turf. He tore it up in the first half, running all over the Gophers, but in the 2nd half, while he did get in the endzone twice, he didnt look all that impressive running the ball. When you have a RB like him, you should be feeding him in the 2nd half and letting him grind the game away. There were a few series when that game was pretty close that Jahvid was on the sidelines because he had been ineffective after the break.


Yea I saw bits of the Minnesota game aslo, and the game was really close in the 2nd half. Best was held in check during that period, but to end the game with 5 tds is impressive on paper, not so much on the field.

In the 2 previous games he was dominated, rushed 10 times for 137 at Maryland a 13.7 average, and 17 times for 144 against Eastern Michigan 8.5 average. If the Bears continue to win, Best has will get that should get the trophy. Teams that play against them know what Best is capable of doing and he shows up every game and piles it on.

Tebow will break the all time rushing td record for the SEC so that will look good for him. The Florida team is loaded, might go undeafted in a tough conference. At the end of the day it wont be a suprised who ends up at the ceremony for the Heisman.

On the outside looking in the qb from Maimi Jacory Harris, if they keep wining and also the qb at Boise State Kellen Moore.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:33 am
Best certainly in the front runner right now, but if he does not come up big against USC next weekend, he will fall out of the race quick. It really helped him to have a big game in an Eastern time zone game.

Tebow is not putting up great statistics so far this year but my feeling is if they go undefeated they will give him the award as kind of a finishing touch on perhaps the greatest collegiate career in history.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest