I JUST MADE A HUGE TRADE IN FANTASY...HELP!!!

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:36 am
I just traded away Reggie Bush, Santana Moss, and Edge James...

In return i got Adrian Peterson and Burress. I am well aware of burress being suspended for week 5.

With the addition of these two players,
My lineup will be... not worrying about bye weeks yet cause of Manning

QB- Peyton Manning, Jake Delhomme
RB- Peterson, Perry, Buckhalter
WR-Boldin, Ward, Burress, Roddy White, Marvin Harrison
TE- Tony Gonzalez, John Carlson from SEA
K- Prater from Denv
DEF-Jax

Now I'm hoping I can get feedback on this trade and the makeup of my team so far... i hesitated on the trade for so long but Edge is worthless in fantasy and I personally think I got away with a huge steal... He was the one that offered the trade to me. I still want to trade a couple WR's and a player, probably perry for another solid back.
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:46 am
AP alone is worth all the crap you traded for him...

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:03 am
yeah, unless its a league with 6 participants or less, u got a solid team. good deal IMO
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:36 am
Definately a great trade for you!

Only area of weekness is depth at RB. Dont know who is available as a free agent in your league but provided there is nobody there, I would definately look to trade a WR or two for a another solid back. I would probably look to move Hines Ward. He has had some good weeks so his value should be pretty high and I dont think he has a chance to keep up this pace.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:33 pm
You should trade with that guy more often, what a steal. You just don't trade away a RB that was rated number one/two in fantasy leagues and the NFL. Bush is nice, but he can't run the ball. He can only catch it. Moss is okay, while James is sharing carries with Hightower. Then, you get Eli's favorite target in Burress, who's only suspended for a game, and not like 4 games, and Adrian Peterson.

In other words, AP for those three is still a steal.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:57 pm
You should trade with that guy more often

ROFL

First thing I thought. Guys like that make playing in "competitive leagues" fun.

If Carlson has 2 scores this week you could probably get Bush back. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:05 pm
Yup, there are not other RB's that have produced like AP besides Frank Gore, Michael Turner, and Marion Barber consistently.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:40 am
I am in a 12 team league... Every single player is taken from waiver wire... The second a player is hurt or anything like that... you won't be able to get him... I do agree I lack depth at RB but I am trying to work a deal with some other team to trade maybe two Wrs for a RB... We'll see what happens, but so far to see if the trade goes through... 2 days to go through. Ill sit at my desk with a bag of popcorn and wait. Thanks for some of the advice so far... I haven't placed in any league since 06... and i lost in the finals in that one.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:44 am
bada wrote:Definately a great trade for you!

Only area of weekness is depth at RB. Dont know who is available as a free agent in your league but provided there is nobody there, I would definately look to trade a WR or two for a another solid back. I would probably look to move Hines Ward. He has had some good weeks so his value should be pretty high and I dont think he has a chance to keep up this pace.

I traded LJ, Rudi Johnson, and Crayton after week 2 for Chris Perry, Harrison, and James... I am still glad i was able to get something in return for LJ. I had gotten Rudi from Waivers after week 1. So at the time it was a good deal. If Rudi starts to tear it up... I would say I was the loser in that deal

Return to Fantasy League Forum