Darius Miles

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:18 am
Last Game As A Blazer?
Darius Miles | Trail Blazers
How is your (surgically repaired) knee coming along? "I'm fine," said Darius Miles.
When will you be ready to return to action? "Once they give me the green light, I'll be ready."

When might that be? "You'd have to ask Nate McMillan."

When asked, McMillan responds with "he still has some work to do."

It would appear the enigmatic forward has played his last game as a Blazer. -- Portland Tribune

in the case that he gets waived/bought out:
could he help us? could he possibly be in our future plans if we were to sign him?

IMO he's like a Stephen Jackson without the three point shot...of course without the leadership ability and the intangibles of Jax as well...but as far as being a good scorer and defender....now that i think about it, his skills are a lot more like Luol Deng except he's a more consistent defender.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:10 am
eh... Darius Miles still plays? :wink:

I don't know in which kind of shape he is. He hasn't played for more than a year, if I'm not wrong... I really, really doubt he could be of any help for any team this year. Too much time away from the game. The season might be over by the time he gets ready to contribute.

Might be worth a try for next season, tho... Bringing him to camp, like Barnes did last season, and if he's able to do anything, sign him to a cheap contract.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:56 pm
Looks like the celtics have offered him a non guaranteed 2 year deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3549061

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:53 pm
yeah...i just read about that. i still think we could have benefited from having darius miles here...but i guess it's better that the celtics showcase him since tey have nothing to lose by signing him.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:28 pm
Only way he could have helped us is if we were casting Swim Fan 2.

Dude is not worth it.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:39 pm
haha he was that Steal the SAT's movie too. I wish he was acting, cuz at least he can have a shot at success. The guy has personality.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:03 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:haha he was that Steal the SAT's movie too. I wish he was acting, cuz at least he can have a shot at success. The guy has personality.

the perfect score was the movie he was in...

darius miles is raw :| ... IN MATH ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:08 pm
no thanks man, I'm all for trying new things but Miles? He's just too much of a distraction... Jackson got in trouble for fighting this guy got suspended for drugs. not the same thing

AND
a run and gun offense shouldn't waste their time on injured maybe's, they should be worried about young maybe's.

AND
We already have enough maybe's on our team (of the young variety).

AND
That guy was over-hyped from the start. ppl were just wowed by him cause he was good at dunking.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:48 pm
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3598240

NEW YORK -- Boston Celtics forward Darius Miles has been suspended without pay for 10 games for violating the terms of the anti-drug program at the end of the 2007-08 season.

Miles' suspension will begin with the first game of the 2008-09 regular season for which he is eligible and physically able to play. Miles has missed the past two NBA seasons because of knee injuries. He has averaged 10.6 points and 5.2 rebounds in his career.

The 26-year-old was selected third overall by the Los Angeles Clippers in the 2000 draft.

He signed with the Celtics last month.

glad we didn't take'em
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:01 pm
first off wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3598240

NEW YORK -- Boston Celtics forward Darius Miles has been suspended without pay for 10 games for violating the terms of the anti-drug program at the end of the 2007-08 season.

Miles' suspension will begin with the first game of the 2008-09 regular season for which he is eligible and physically able to play. Miles has missed the past two NBA seasons because of knee injuries. He has averaged 10.6 points and 5.2 rebounds in his career.

The 26-year-old was selected third overall by the Los Angeles Clippers in the 2000 draft.

He signed with the Celtics last month.

glad we didn't take'em

Thats suspension is from quite awhile back though, so the Celtics knew that he was going to be suspended for the first 10 games or so when they signed him................I think that it hadnt been officially announced until recently because he is was listed on the "career ended due to inury" list, so no point suspending him when the drug thing actually happend.

By the way, he is the first player EVER to be deemed "done" as far as the severity of his injury 2 years ago, who has come back from it............he needs a little props for that.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:58 pm
had a feeling it was from a while back, but was too busy/lazy to look it up... Thanks though :)

even in his prime I wasn't big on him. I do hope the drug problems are gone for good, it be a shame for someone to fight that hard to get back in the league only to be kicked out from stupid shiit like that
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two

Return to Trades