The Carson Palmer problem

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:46 am
OK, so in my friends league I have a pretty solid squad, except for my QB. Do you guys think there's any hope for Palmer this season or are the first two games pretty big indicators of where he's at this year?

The FA wire is pretty sparce at the moment but I did pick up JTO last night. I'm thinking of starting him next week against the Lions and giving Palmer another week to bounce back before I start thinking of dealing my depth at WR and RB for an average QB.

Suggestions?
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:09 pm
At least for this week, I'd roll with JTO. Detroit has looked horrible on D the past 2 weeks. Cinci on the road against the Giants. No thank you.

Carson is too good of a QB to be held down all year. That offense will eventually snap out of it. [-o< I got Ocho Cinco on my team and he's given me 4 points in my league thus far. :banghead: He'd be on the bench but I already got Colston sitting and not much on the market now anyways.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:10 pm
I hope you're right about Palmer. I have no idea how a guy with that much talent at WR can falter into a negative point QB. Pretty sad when you start JTO over him.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:57 pm
I think with all the distractions going on in the off season that Chad created, it's severely affected how this offense functions. There's no true RB. The o-line is below average. The WR's are underachieving. Palmer should snap out of it. It's just up to you to know when to play him... and that's a tough call.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:05 am
xbay wrote:I think with all the distractions going on in the off season that Chad created, it's severely affected how this offense functions. There's no true RB. The o-line is below average. The WR's are underachieving. Palmer should snap out of it. It's just up to you to know when to play him... and that's a tough call.

Yep... and I've got the hunch that it will take a few SEASONS for him to snap out of that funk. He'll have some good games here and there, but that offense is too dysfunctional at this point for any kind of consistent performance by the QB.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:28 am
much of the issues fall on the offensive line than with Carson. Not sure if you have watched any of their games this year but he has had absolutely NO time to throw. This is probably affecting him mentally as well.

Add this to the overall dysfunctionality of that organization, and it could be rough year for Carson.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:51 am
Also, do note the Bengals are in the AFC North. Pitt and Baltimore have suffocating defenses, the Browns have an upgraded defense/pass rush... so that's 6 games out the door. Plus, when you have opponents that have a scary pass rush you're not going to win many games with that o-line against the superior pass rush. Look at their schedule:

@ NYG
vs CLE
@ DAL
@ NYJ
vs PIT
@ HOU
vs JAC
vs PHI
@ PIT
vs BAL
@ IND
vs WAS
@ CLE
vs KC

Only Kansas City and MAYBE Cleveland look winnable. Other than that, every other opponent will run over that Bengals offensive line and Palmer will not have fun at all.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Return to Fantasy League Forum