voting/politics thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

who are you voting for?

Barack Obama / Joe Biden
67%
John McCain / Sara Palin
9%
other (Bob Barr, Ralph Nader, etc)
3%
I'll decide later
9%
No one. Voting is for jerks
12%

Total votes : 33

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:54 pm
Jackattack wrote:fair enough... I just wanted to get more out of you than quoting one section of my post and a cigar mention... I'll back off the republican bashing. and I know the Dems can be scumbags too. But I still hold that you could go back 100 years with Democrats, and I could just start at Watergate and still the amount and severity of the treachery on the Repub side over the past 38 years would be overwhelming.

Working hard and being self made are not qualities that are exclusive to Republicans. In fact, our current president does not possess these qualities.

haha jackattack you you know i got respect for you man. i just got this last thing then i will try not to comment...

its a quiz....ok here goes who am i...
i am under 45 years old....
i love the outdoors.......
i am a republican reformer.....
i have taken on the republican party establishment...
i have many children...
i have a spot on the national ticket as vice president with less than two years in the govern's office....

I AM TEDDY ROOSEVELT IN 1900

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

dont get me wrong im not saying pallin is the next teddy

i just wanted to help unspin the spin

I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:42 pm
sorry this was so long. this rant is brought to you by the Sarah Palin interview.

First off,
Really Joel? You really think John McCain and Sarah Palin are best for this country? I mean you're still cool in my book cause you like the warriors, but.... argh!

Did you hear the Palin speech at the RNC (which is repeated verbatim at all the rallies)? it was just filled with hate for Obama and nothing else. Sarcastic, condescending and just straight up mean spirited. If she's going to toss out shhit like that, she better prepare to get it thrown back in her face. and nobody give me that "she's a women crap". either your tough or your not. either your going to cry when you don't win the new hampshire primaries or your a "fighter" (Hillary). I understand women are not completely together on this issue, but you can't play both sides as an individual. On a similar note, either we're liberal pusssies that don't stand up to injustice, or we're not. don't accuse us of being pusssies AND accuse us of bashing you at the same time.

Lets review the democratic bashing...
1.)Lipstick on a pig - trying to paint Obama as sexist when it's a phrase McCain has used half a dozen times (it's a common political phrase) - including one time when he was talking about Clinton's health care system.
2.)Obama is pro infanticide - Repubs were seriously trying to accuse Obama of wanting to murder babies.
3.)All you heard in the RNC - Obama wants to raise your taxes. LIES! everyone knows he's always been for giving a majority of americans a fatty tax break.
4.)Community Organizers don't do anything, "Nothing. Nada."
5.)Obama is a Celebrity just like Paris Hilton, or Britney Spears.
6.)even the argument that Obama is an "elitist" pusssy, because he made his way from nothing and graduated from the top university in the united states as opposed to graduating at the bottom of his class, going into the air force, and just marrying some young extremely rich heiress. yeah it doesn't make sense to me either.
7.)from a McCain ad: "they dismissed Palin as '....good looking...' and even accused her of '...lying...' " - OMG stop the presses! a politician isn't telling the complete truth and we called her on it! again trying to paint Obama as a sexist.
8.)Obama is trying to teach Kindergarden sex-ed before they can read ad... ridiculous lie. He worked on a law teaching the K'ers the diff between "good touch" and "bad touch" and how to report it, to stop abuse in schools.
9.) Obama is a muslim. ridiculous.
10.)not to mention all the racist stuff thats whispered behind closed doors.

Why shouldn't we be upset as demo's? Why can't we point out that candidates with this low level of integrity probably shouldn't be the leaders of our country?
I mean what kind of country is this, where a major party can just lie to your face and the American people can't call them on their bull without seeming like "bashers"?

to be fair... I don't know why this "book banning" thing is still in the news, sounds made up. I also didn't like the Obama ad that was ONLY about the 9 homes john McCain has in the united states. the clip about 100years war was bad too. Additionally I don't care for the woman's tone of voice in all the Obama the ads - I know you have to grab your audience's attention, but it sounds too much like she's playing to our emotions and it's to close to fear mongering. but those are my only ethical beefs with the obama campaign.... what about you guys (repubs)? which of McCain's ads/smears do you feel were below the belt? I think deep down you guys are all ashamed, but you won't admit it cause you are too worried about national security and you think "hey, in order to be tough and feel safe, you have to have a leader who's a complete arsehole/douche bag"

You Repubs try to go into the inner city schools and tell those kids to just "pick themselves up by their own boot straps". see if that changes anything. trickle down economics doesn't work in the modern era, and every time we try it the economy suffers (as evidenced by the last 3 repub presies). a rich guy can just throw his extra cash in an off shore bank these days...
Rural country folk see urban areas from a far and just assume everything bad that happens to us is our fault, so they say no to government taxes supporting big cities. We support your ass out there in the middle of no where! Farmers that want to dismiss taxes for urban areas as "wasteful spending" are basically giving the middle finger to their clients. City people can't afford the milk, because they can't get out of high school (let alone college) to get a descent job, and what happens to the farmer? were all connected.

does the government waste time on useless shiit? Of course. there are a lot of loop holes that ppl get away with and that bugs the crap out of me. Since this is true, I'd rather trust a man that has actually been with the people to see what policies are a load of crap and what policies have a chance to benefit the community efficiently and effectively. also, even though Obama doesn't have much xp, at least he thinks with his head; he's able to negotiate with others and learn more, and he doesn't just think with his gut and make rash decisions because he doesn't want to look stupid (which as Bush has proved, DOES make you look stupid).

All you hear from Palin is "you can't blink Charlie", and "you can't second guess these things Charlie" I doubt Sarah Palin has ever even talked to someone darker than an Eskimo, let alone ever taken the time to understand their problems and issues. and no, "small towns are just big cities on a micro scale, Charlie" NO wrong.... they are very very different. Alaska is not just like the rest of America (my roommate was from Alaska, so I do have a little insight into life up there).

I mean come on, she doesn't even believe in BC (I meant Birth Control at first but I also realize it could work for Before Christ too lol) - worked out great for her family. now shes a grandma at 44, and she has a kid with down syndrome (chances of this go up exponentially after 40). if shes president she'd probably try to turn this country into an abstinence-only nation! She believes women that are raped should have to pay their own medical bills for Christ's sake(Wasila was the only town in Alaska to have that law)! She is against abortion EVEN IN THE CASE OF RAPE (unless it's life threatening)! dude, screw the experience level, anybody that believes those policies are good for this nation... I just don't get it.

And no one give me any bull about "oh she's just the Vice" - my great aunt was healthy as a MFing ox until she passed away AT 75 (McCain is 72) of a heart attack last year. It's perfectly legit to compare Obama to Palin because McCain has a 1 in 4 (some even say 1 in 3) chance of passing in the next four years.

and finally you say you are for "family values"... but when working families need help maintaining their quality of life, you say "every man for himself", and "f' you, your not my brother". whatever happened to hospitality or generosity? aren't those family values? do onto others as you would like them to do onto you? putting your country before self (your family)? Country First / Service to Country... what a joke. Blue collar Repubs are fighting against their own interests and it's sad.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IudxhJ6kD8[/youtube]
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:06 pm
first off wrote:sorry this was so long. this rant is brought to you by the Sarah Palin interview.

First off,
Really Joel? You really think John McCain and Sarah Palin are best for this country? I mean you're still cool in my book cause you like the warriors, but.... argh!

Did you hear the Palin speech at the RNC (which is repeated verbatim at all the rallies)? it was just filled with hate for Obama and nothing else. Sarcastic, condescending and just straight up mean spirited. If she's going to toss out shhit like that, she better prepare to get it thrown back in her face. and nobody give me that "she's a women crap". either your tough or your not. either your going to cry when you don't win the new hampshire primaries or your a "fighter" (Hillary). I understand women are not completely together on this issue, but you can't play both sides as an individual. On a similar note, either we're liberal pusssies that don't stand up to injustice, or we're not. don't accuse us of being pusssies AND accuse us of bashing you at the same time.

Lets review the democratic bashing...
1.)Lipstick on a pig - trying to paint Obama as sexist when it's a phrase McCain has used half a dozen times (it's a common political phrase) - including one time when he was talking about Clinton's health care system.
2.)Obama is pro infanticide - Repubs were seriously trying to accuse Obama of wanting to murder babies.
3.)All you heard in the RNC - Obama wants to raise your taxes. LIES! everyone knows he's always been for giving a majority of americans a fatty tax break.
4.)Community Organizers don't do anything, "Nothing. Nada."
5.)Obama is a Celebrity just like Paris Hilton, or Britney Spears.
6.)even the argument that Obama is an "elitist" pusssy, because he made his way from nothing and graduated from the top university in the united states as opposed to graduating at the bottom of his class, going into the air force, and just marrying some young extremely rich heiress. yeah it doesn't make sense to me either.
7.)from a McCain ad: "they dismissed Palin as '....good looking...' and even accused her of '...lying...' " - OMG stop the presses! a politician isn't telling the complete truth and we called her on it! again trying to paint Obama as a sexist.
8.)Obama is trying to teach Kindergarden sex-ed before they can read ad... ridiculous lie. He worked on a law teaching the K'ers the diff between "good touch" and "bad touch" and how to report it, to stop abuse in schools.
9.) Obama is a muslim. ridiculous.
10.)not to mention all the racist stuff thats whispered behind closed doors.

Why shouldn't we be upset as demo's? Why can't we point out that candidates with this low level of integrity probably shouldn't be the leaders of our country?
I mean what kind of country is this, where a major party can just lie to your face and the American people can't call them on their bull without seeming like "bashers"?

to be fair... I don't know why this "book banning" thing is still in the news, sounds made up. I also didn't like the Obama ad that was ONLY about the 9 homes john McCain has in the united states. the clip about 100years war was bad too. Additionally I don't care for the woman's tone of voice in all the Obama the ads - I know you have to grab your audience's attention, but it sounds too much like she's playing to our emotions and it's to close to fear mongering. but those are my only ethical beefs with the obama campaign.... what about you guys (repubs)? which of McCain's ads/smears do you feel were below the belt? I think deep down you guys are all ashamed, but you won't admit it cause you are too worried about national security and you think "hey, in order to be tough and feel safe, you have to have a leader who's a complete arsehole/douche bag"

You Repubs try to go into the inner city schools and tell those kids to just "pick themselves up by their own boot straps". see if that changes anything. trickle down economics doesn't work in the modern era, and every time we try it the economy suffers (as evidenced by the last 3 repub presies). a rich guy can just throw his extra cash in an off shore bank these days...
Rural country folk see urban areas from a far and just assume everything bad that happens to us is our fault, so they say no to government taxes supporting big cities. We support your ass out there in the middle of no where! Farmers that want to dismiss taxes for urban areas as "wasteful spending" are basically giving the middle finger to their clients. City people can't afford the milk, because they can't get out of high school (let alone college) to get a descent job, and what happens to the farmer? were all connected.

does the government waste time on useless shiit? Of course. there are a lot of loop holes that ppl get away with and that bugs the crap out of me. Since this is true, I'd rather trust a man that has actually been with the people to see what policies are a load of crap and what policies have a chance to benefit the community efficiently and effectively. also, even though Obama doesn't have much xp, at least he thinks with his head; he's able to negotiate with others and learn more, and he doesn't just think with his gut and make rash decisions because he doesn't want to look stupid (which as Bush has proved, DOES make you look stupid).

All you hear from Palin is "you can't blink Charlie", and "you can't second guess these things Charlie" I doubt Sarah Palin has ever even talked to someone darker than an Eskimo, let alone ever taken the time to understand their problems and issues. and no, "small towns are just big cities on a micro scale, Charlie" NO wrong.... they are very very different. Alaska is not just like the rest of America (my roommate was from Alaska, so I do have a little insight into life up there).

I mean come on, she doesn't even believe in BC (I meant Birth Control at first but I also realize it could work for Before Christ too lol) - worked out great for her family. now shes a grandma at 44, and she has a kid with down syndrome (chances of this go up exponentially after 40). if shes president she'd probably try to turn this country into an abstinence-only nation! She believes women that are raped should have to pay their own medical bills for Christ's sake(Wasila was the only town in Alaska to have that law)! She is against abortion EVEN IN THE CASE OF RAPE (unless it's life threatening)! dude, screw the experience level, anybody that believes those policies are good for this nation... I just don't get it.

And no one give me any bull about "oh she's just the Vice" - my great aunt was healthy as a MFing ox until she passed away AT 75 (McCain is 72) of a heart attack last year. It's perfectly legit to compare Obama to Palin because McCain has a 1 in 4 (some even say 1 in 3) chance of passing in the next four years.

and finally you say you are for "family values"... but when working families need help maintaining their quality of life, you say "every man for himself", and "f' you, your not my brother". whatever happened to hospitality or generosity? aren't those family values? do onto others as you would like them to do onto you? putting your country before self (your family)? Country First / Service to Country... what a joke. Blue collar Repubs are fighting against their own interests and it's sad.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IudxhJ6kD8[/youtube]

[[/quote]

ok first off....get off my nuts ..it is very clear you have not read my post's

show me one time where i said mccain or pallin were the the best or where i have said i like them...didnt think sooo son.

as far as being mean sprited give me a break did you hear juliani speak at the dems convention.....talk about wanting it both ways

and last off,, you dont know anything about me biotch . you can ask anyone on this board and you will see
that i take care of people around me.. i am one of the most giving people on this board .... you son dont know **** about how i lend my talent and give away my means to those folks around me in need and untill you do know SHUT THE **** UP....

show me once where i posted that i support mccain and pallin

i am glad you had a chance to rant ...but keep your unknowing oppinions of me out of your post ....son
T.S. Eliot

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:14 pm
JOEL wrote:
speakonitgod wrote:damn im watching this republican national convention and palin is goin at obama hard..... but i noticed that she is not half a good a speaker as obama, and we all kno mccain aint either.............obama will destroy them during the presidential debate....

i dont know speak palin did well , she came across as real ( mccain doesnt) she will hit home with ALL the small town folks across the country.
she spoke well, was funny and genuine.....small town america will buy into her....she will take hillary supporters support.

she didnt bring up pro life but she did bring up religon and guns and OIL.
imo she hit a home run..

i am not saying i support her but she did better than anyone would have figured.

matter of fact first off here is some helps.....now what ? :shock: get off my balls first off.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:40 pm
F*ck man, to be honest..............the whole campaign, for both sides, I find quite pathetic and very very childish.

I mean, dont these people have enough faith in themselves and what they stand for to just talk about what they can do!!! rather than what the others cant!!!

Im sorry but THIS is the problem with America, as the whole thing is focussed on how bad the "other guy" is and not really on how good the individual campaigning............blame, slander, spin, propoganda, lies.

I know they do talk themselves up and all..............but all the public slandering of the other party is just basically propoganda, designed solely to influence the American public with lies and/or things that are irrelevant, rather than who the best person for the job is.

Its truelly pathetic and in my view, the only country in the world thats "politics" is handled/decided in such a way.

Sorry for the moan and not really contributing anything.............but reading all you guys chipping in and updating this day by day, it just gets worse and worse, more moronic and more totally childish.

Your all f*cked (in the cant really win sense).............and sadly, that means the rest of us will be too.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:51 pm
bigstrads wrote:F*ck man, to be honest..............the whole campaign, for both sides, I find quite pathetic and very very childish.

bigs you are right.....just to be clear i AGREE the system is a joke.

i sat watching this thread and it has been so pro dem's that i couldnt take it and had to put it out their that the dems and the reps are a freaking joke....

THIS COUNTRY WILL VOTE WITH THEIR WALLETS

here is a perfect example...today the DOW dropped 500 points
the dems have rulled congress and senate for years and the reps have the president.......the dems blame the president and the reps blame the house and the senate....while nobody does sh1t about the mortage melt down or how all the citizens are loosing big money out of their 401k,retirement.....
Last edited by JOEL on Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:54 pm
JOEL wrote:
bigstrads wrote:F*ck man, to be honest..............the whole campaign, for both sides, I find quite pathetic and very very childish.

bigs you are right.....just to be clear i AGREE the system is a joke.

i sat watching this thread and it has been so pro dem's that i couldnt take it and had to put it out their that the dems and the reps are a freaking joke....

THIS COUNTRY WILL VOTE WITH THEIR WALLETS

Of course man, youve got to have your say.............and those of us who know you, KNOW that you are not the sterotypical Republican.

Matter of fact, I would say that from what I know of you (and thats maybe more than most)............you are the least Republican-esque type person on here :mrgreen:

But hey, you have your beliefs, you dont force them on us, you dont even clearly say you are for all these things...........your always courteous and understanding of others bud, mucho respect for that alone.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:27 am
Not sure whether you guys have seen/discussed this article but Bada brought it to my attention =

http://news.yahoo.com/s//ap/20080903/ap ... n_iraq_war

Palin: Iraq war 'a task that is from God'

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin told ministry students at her former church that the United States sent troops to fight in the Iraq war on a "task that is from God."

In an address last June, the Republican vice presidential candidate also urged ministry students to pray for a plan to build a $30 billion natural gas pipeline in the state, calling it "God's will."

Palin asked the students to pray for the troops in Iraq, and noted that her eldest son, Track, was expected to be deployed there.

"Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God," she said. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's plan."

A video of the speech was posted at the Wasilla Assembly of God's Web site before finding its way on to other sites on the Internet.

Palin told graduating students of the church's School of Ministry, "What I need to do is strike a deal with you guys." As they preached the love of Jesus throughout Alaska, she said, she'd work to implement God's will from the governor's office, including creating jobs by building a pipeline to bring North Slope natural gas to North American markets.

"God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that," she said.

"I can do my job there in developing our natural resources and doing things like getting the roads paved and making sure our troopers have their cop cars and their uniforms and their guns, and making sure our public schools are funded," she added. "But really all of that stuff doesn't do any good if the people of Alaska's heart isn't right with God."

Palin attended the evangelical church from the time she was a teenager until 2002, the church said in a statement posted on its Web site. She has continued to attend special conferences and meetings there. Religious conservatives have welcomed her selection as John McCain's running mate.

Rob Boston, a spokesman for Americans United for Separation of Church and State, lamented Palin's comments.

"I miss the days when pastors delivered sermons and politicians delivered political speeches," he said. "The United States is increasingly diverse religiously. The job of a president is to unify all those different people and bring them together around policy goals, not to act as a kind of national pastor and bring people to God."

The section of the church's Web site where videos of past sermons were posted was shut down Wednesday, and a message was posted saying that the site "was never intended to handle the traffic it has received in the last few days."

SERIOUSLY!!!??? how are these f*cking scum bag, war mongering, bible bashing, hick, brain less, in-bred, gun loving f*ck wits...........not just laughed at and ignored!!!???

And to think............this woman could be 2nd in command...........OF THE WORLD!!!

With Lehman Bros. going bust and AIG following shortly.............do these c*nts not realise that something has to be done? maybe pull out of Iraq??? and not spend the TRILLIONS of $'s you are on this phony bull sh*t war???................baffles me.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:53 pm
I think I've got conservative thinking figured out:

* If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're
"exotic, different."

* Grow up in Alaska, eating mooseburgers, you're the quintessential
American story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

* If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.

* Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you're a maverick.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

* Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.

* Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

* If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the
first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter
registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years
as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator
representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of
the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years
in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million
people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs,
Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you
don't have any real leadership experience.

* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city
council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000
people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000
people, then you're qualified to become the country's second highest
ranking executive.

* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while
raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're
not a real Christian.

* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left
your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a
Christian.

* If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including
the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.

* If , while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with
no other option in sex education in your state's school system while
your unwed 17-year-old daughter ends up pregnant , you're very
responsible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

* If your wife is a Harvard graduate laywer who gave up a position in
a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city
community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values
don't represent America's.

* If you're husband is nicknamed "First Dude", with at least one
DWI conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote
until age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the
secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:55 pm
Man, Colt...............makes me so angry, and sick to my stomach.............wish I could so something. :cry: :banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:02 pm
bigstrads wrote:Man, Colt...............makes me so angry, and sick to my stomach.............wish I could so something. :cry: :banghead:

two quotes to cheer you up, bro:

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice"
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"

As Palin and McCain pull a George W and stonewall and dodge an inquiry into troopergate as economic disaster unfolds. the bloom is off the lipstick

ImageImage
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:16 pm
its funny how mccain actually has supporters lol... especially from the middle/lower class....
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:02 am
coltraning wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Man, Colt...............makes me so angry, and sick to my stomach.............wish I could so something. :cry: :banghead:

two quotes to cheer you up, bro:

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice"
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"

As Palin and McCain pull a George W and stonewall and dodge an inquiry into troopergate as economic disaster unfolds. the bloom is off the lipstick

Nice ones. :wink:

Although, I think the Republican party just perhaps received quite a few more votes from the employees of AIG (see 85 billion!) :roll: ............not a bad thing the government saved them of course as it could have made things a hell of alot worse, lets just hope these people appreciate it but still see the wood through the trees.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:52 pm
Someone please explain to me how McCain is incompetent. How he's not fit for this country. I'm not talking about a sentence, though. I'd like to see a well thought out reason for it.

I'm not a McCain supporter. I just need ideas for my argument against McCain in a debate we're having for one of my courses.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:12 pm
xbay wrote:Someone please explain to me how McCain is incompetent. How he's not fit for this country. I'm not talking about a sentence, though. I'd like to see a well thought out reason for it.

I'm not a McCain supporter. I just need ideas for my argument against McCain in a debate we're having for one of my courses.

dude, just pick a day of the week. Today alone, he said he would fire the SEC commissioner (which he has no authority to do) and said he wouldn't meet with the president of Spain, even though Spain is one of our closest allies. Choosing a laughably unqualified person to be vice president is also a good reason to disqualify him, or that he has reversed himself on about 80 positions in this campaign and thinks the economy is fundamentally strong and things Iraq and Pakistan share a border...there' s more of course.

ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum