Teams in turmoil

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:31 pm
Nice piece in ESPN with 25 experts predicting teams in turmoil. Winner with 5 votes is Denver, quickly followed by the Clippers, Knicks and Suns. Interesting, not one vote for Warriors...

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-34-63/Turmoil-to-Follow.html
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:52 pm
I'm pretty sure that's because people tend to forget the Warriors exist.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:58 am
I'm surprised the Knicks are on that list. They're far from being in turmoil. Bad team, rebuilding and with a long road ahead to being respectable again... but not exactly in turmoil.

As for us, same concept can apply, except we're rebuilding much faster than NY.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:33 am
TMC wrote:I'm surprised the Knicks are on that list. They're far from being in turmoil. Bad team, rebuilding and with a long road ahead to being respectable again... but not exactly in turmoil.

Knicks not in turmoil dude???..............really?

How about "Starbury" and all the crap there still?

All the rumours crap with Randolph?

For me, they are still in a hell of alot of trouble, even with D'Antoni, as they are still in cap hell, they dont really have alot of D'Antoni type players and still have to sort out two of the most troublesome players in the league.

New York will always be in turmoil as long as they arent considered a playoff team............and they still arent.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:57 am
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:I'm surprised the Knicks are on that list. They're far from being in turmoil. Bad team, rebuilding and with a long road ahead to being respectable again... but not exactly in turmoil.

Crap from last season (and several others before). Marbury's contract ends this season, Randolph will be traded for cap space during the year, Curry too (if they can find a taker), and they'll have a ton of cap space in two years.

Add to that a new coach and new GM, and both acknowledge they'll have to build a roster for the future. I'd hardly say they're in turmoil at this time. Last season it would have been a different answer, but they seem to know exactly what they're doing right now.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:18 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

Crap from last season (and several others before). Marbury's contract ends this season, Randolph will be traded for cap space during the year, Curry too (if they can find a taker), and they'll have a ton of cap space in two years.

Add to that a new coach and new GM, and both acknowledge they'll have to build a roster for the future. I'd hardly say they're in turmoil at this time. Last season it would have been a different answer, but they seem to know exactly what they're doing right now.

Yeah, I dont doubt they are heading in a decent direction.............but right now, they are still a joke and even WHEN Starbury and Randolph are dumped, they are still going to be a crap team of players and its gonna take 3-4 years for them to be anywhere.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:04 am
bigstrads wrote:Yeah, I dont doubt they are heading in a decent direction.............but right now, they are still a joke and even WHEN Starbury and Randolph are dumped, they are still going to be a crap team of players and its gonna take 3-4 years for them to be anywhere.

Yep. But being bad doesn't mean you're in turmoil. That's when you suck but refuse to acknowledge that much. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:58 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Yeah, I dont doubt they are heading in a decent direction.............but right now, they are still a joke and even WHEN Starbury and Randolph are dumped, they are still going to be a crap team of players and its gonna take 3-4 years for them to be anywhere.

Yep. But being bad doesn't mean you're in turmoil. That's when you suck but refuse to acknowledge that much. :wink:

Ala = "We are preparing to bring in Lebron" :roll:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:50 am
Until Donnie cuts Marbury and doesn't believe he can be traded for value the knicks are in turmoil. If Crawford zach and curry are starters on opening night the knicks are in utter chaos.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:49 pm
the warriors arent in turmoil... we're rebuilding on youth. If you call rebuilding turmoil then most of the teams in nba would be in turmoil. the ellis injury was not preventable.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:20 pm
saintdee wrote:the warriors arent in turmoil... we're rebuilding on youth. If you call rebuilding turmoil then most of the teams in nba would be in turmoil. the ellis injury was not preventable.

Thats why we didnt get a vote in the article and no-one mentioned we are in turmoil..............because we arent.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:48 pm
TMC wrote:Crap from last season (and several others before). Marbury's contract ends this season, Randolph will be traded for cap space during the year, Curry too (if they can find a taker), and they'll have a ton of cap space in two years.

Meh. Kinda sounds like a Knicks press release, to me. I'll believe it when I see it.

So far, I'm not thrilled with the Italian draft pick they made at #6, especially with a lot of talent available. I think that giving away Zach Randolph to Memphis is a horrible idea (especially since all of those ideas involve taking back Darko's contract, which isn't as bad but doesn't buy you a fraction of the production). Eddy Curry is an anvil that New York will have to eat, because no one wants his lack of defense or health concerns. Even when Marbury leaves, you're still stuck with a moody, me-first point guard in Nate Robinson. Sounds like turmoil to me.

I mean, with the Warriors, you can clearly see where our time in the draft lottery has taken us. Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins, Brandan Wright, and Anthony Randolph are all highly regarded players. But the Knicks don't seem to have made any stridge with younger talent. They had Channing Frye, but let him go to net Randolph. People thought Nate Robinson would be something, but I'm not sold yet. So far, it looks like the only real keeper they have is David Lee... which would lead you to believe that Donnie is going to address their needs via free agency, but his two big catches this summer were a couple washed up guards that their previous teams had no use for (Chris Duhon and Anthony Roberson). And don't forget Jamal Crawford and Q-Rich waiting in the wings to make trouble.

Unless Patrick Ewing plays pretty damn close to his father's level, I don't see the Knicks going anywhere for at least 4 years. That's turmoil.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:58 pm
Cardinals : NFL

as

Knicks : ???

haha man I'm so glad I'm not a knicks fan! ~97 million dollar salary and they are arguably the worst team in the league! It's nice to see NBA journalist can see Davis for who he is. He was good but he wasn't the whole team. Baron didn't make those around him all that better, the Nellie system is what makes our guys play above their talent level. I think with the youth and potential on this squad, it's hard to say we're going nowhere. really only SJ and AH are our only sour points, when looking at the future. compare that to Dallas, San Antonio, Suns, etc. Man, when Steve Nash runs out of gas, the sun will set in phoenix...
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:50 pm
bigstrads wrote:
saintdee wrote:the warriors arent in turmoil... we're rebuilding on youth. If you call rebuilding turmoil then most of the teams in nba would be in turmoil. the ellis injury was not preventable.

Thats why we didnt get a vote in the article and no-one mentioned we are in turmoil..............because we arent.

well op said it was interesting that warriors didnt get 1 vote. so i was commenting on that statement. guess i shuda quoted that part.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:49 am
saintdee wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

well op said it was interesting that warriors didnt get 1 vote. so i was commenting on that statement. guess i shuda quoted that part.

Ahh, gotcha..........sorry if I sounded a little punchy there, didnt mean to be. :wink:

Return to NBA Forum