Bulls-Heat trade talk

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:03 am
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54386/20080913/miami_and_chicago_discussed_deal_involving_gordon_marion/

basically the trade would involve ben gordon, larry hughes, and joakim noah going to miami for shawn marion and marcus banks.

pretty good trade for both teams, id say.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:15 am
You posted this in both the Trades and NBA Forum, but I'm not sure if that was accident or on purpose. I'll leave it there for now, I guess and just delete the one with less popularity later.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:59 am
I don't really get it for any team. They're much better keeping those guys in their current rosters.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:04 am
The Heat need to keep as many good inside players as possible so really they should keep Marion

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:37 am
migya wrote:The Heat need to keep as many good inside players as possible so really they should keep Marion

Although, they may have taken a look at Beasley and Marion, and decided they cant have both together.............?

I think thats a worser trade for Chicago as Hughes still awake from his slumber, Noah is a good young big man and Gordon may be a little trouble but he is still a great scorer.................whereas Marion is Marion yes but isnt getting any younger and Banks is garbage.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:56 pm
xbay wrote:You posted this in both the Trades and NBA Forum, but I'm not sure if that was accident or on purpose. I'll leave it there for now, I guess and just delete the one with less popularity later.

hmmm thats wierd. i didnt even use the trades thread when i posted this. o/w my bad if its a double post.

anyways, as far as the trade goes i still think its a good trade for both teams. chicago gets a defensive juggernaut in shawn marion who can run the floor and play either 3 or 4. we all know what other things marion can do so no need to really go into further detail. they also get marcus banks who would be the bigger body that can muscle up against the bigger guards in the league, which is something chicago is missing. with a back court of hinrich and gordon or rose and gordon, who would guard the likes of kobe, TMac, carter, iguodala, redd, wade, etc. now marcus banks could be that guy.

on miami's side of the trade, they get more bodies that are still capable of fulfilling their roles. with marion going to chicago, it allows beasley to be miami's 3 and haslem can stay at starting PF. joakim noah can come and be a PF or C for them and ben gordon is a scorig machine. the fact that ben gordon doesnt mind coming off the bench gives miami options. they can start him or wade at point (probs wade in that situation) and have a scoring frenzy with that lineup, or they can have gordon come off the bench and be their firepower when wade is in foul trouble, on the bench, tired, injured, or having a cold night. larry hughes is a decent defender and thats pretty much what he would go in for...he might give you a few nights of high scoring, but that's not what he's there for. he's a big contract to make the trade work and comes off the books in time for the big FA year in '10.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Return to NBA Forum