voting/politics thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

who are you voting for?

Barack Obama / Joe Biden
22
67%
John McCain / Sara Palin
3
9%
other (Bob Barr, Ralph Nader, etc)
1
3%
I'll decide later
3
9%
No one. Voting is for jerks
4
12%
 
Total votes : 33

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:12 am
So Palin believes the war is a task from God huh? jesus, here we go again

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:27 am
RobDIKUM wrote:So Palin believes the war is a task from God huh? jesus, here we go again



ehhh thats not what she said at all but whatever :roll:
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:01 am
I disagree, Democrats do retaliate and refute Republican lies.
But that just gets them repeating it in the media again.. The truth doesn't matter at that point, just saying lie over and over does. Right wingers and Military Industrial complex companies now own a lot of the media, and the Republicans have very skillfully learned how to manipulate the message with this tactic.

Yeah that's the party for me... :roll:
The one that intentionally LIES, and manipulates the truth...
a propaganda machine like we haven't seen since........ Josef Goerbels...
Gee, I wonder what they will do in office if we let them lie to us like this before the election....??

and manipulate elections...

http://www.michiganmessenger.com/4076/l ... -your-vote
Last edited by Money on Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:21 am
JOEL wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:So Palin believes the war is a task from God huh? jesus, here we go again



ehhh thats not what she said at all but whatever :roll:


haha, yeah, did you hear her trying to clarify that? This is going to backfire major on McCain.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1787
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:47 pm
Location: Where Da Wild Things R
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:14 pm
A dramatic new poll commissioned by the BBC demonstrates that Senator Obama remains the favourite candidate. GlobeScan polled 22,531 citizens in 22 countries (Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, Nigeria, Panama, the Philippines, Poland, Russia, Singapore, Turkey, the UAE and the UK). The margin of those in favour of Obama ranged from 9% in India to 82% in Kenya. On average 49% preferred Obama compared to 12% in favour of McCain (the remainder did not take a view). This is an even higher proportion in favour of Obama over McCain than in an IPSOS poll of a similar size in May. Similarly, more than 2:1 through the US' relations with the world would improve more under Obama than McCain. Obama was even more popular with those with a university education (61%). Also 46% said that the election of an African-American president would "fundamentally change" their perception of the US, with an even stronger result in important allies such as Egypt (65%) and Mexico (60%). The countries most optimistic that an Obama presidency would improve ties were US Nato allies - Canada (69%), Italy (64%), France (62%), Germany (61%), and the UK (54%) - as well as Australia (62%), along with Kenya (87%) and Nigeria (71%). (full results - pdf)

The US public was polled separately and Americans also believed an Obama presidency would improve US ties with the world more than a McCain presidency. 46% of Americans expected relations to get better if Mr Obama were elected, compared to just 30% if Mr McCain won the White House.


Image

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7606100.stm
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:52 pm
Good find Speak.

Shame its only the US that votes though. :roll: :banghead: :wink:

Moderator
Posts: 5353
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:39 pm
bigstrads wrote:Good find Speak.

Shame its only the US that votes though. :roll: :banghead: :wink:


haha maybe we can do trades for votes. We will let the EU have this election if we can have control the govts in Europe and other places in the world... wait, what am i saying, we already have that...nvm then!
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:27 pm
Palin is a deliberate distraction, because McCain cannot win a one on one against Obama. Now that her husband just got subpoenaed in troopergate and there is a big media backlash starting against the lies and manipulations of the McCain campaign we will see how it plays out.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:29 pm
Jackattack wrote:I disagree, Democrats do retaliate and refute Republican lies.
But that just gets them repeating it in the media again.. The truth doesn't matter at that point, just saying lie over and over does. Right wingers and Military Industrial complex companies now own a lot of the media, and the Republicans have very skillfully learned how to manipulate the message with this tactic.

Yeah that's the party for me... :roll:
The one that intentionally LIES, and manipulates the truth...
a propaganda machine like we haven't seen since........ Josef Goerbels...
Gee, I wonder what they will do in office if we let them lie to us like this before the election....??

and manipulate elections...

http://www.michiganmessenger.com/4076/l ... -your-vote




ohhh how fast we forget anyone remember clinton and his little cigar :shock:
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:18 am
yes, and given the mess were in, that seems so important right now doesn't it......

Every time Repubs get called out on all their dirty deeds they go back to Clinton and the cigar. It still doesn't take away from that fact that they are running a dirty campaign bent on lies and denying citizens votes.
But you can't defend that, so once again, :sigh:, we get to hear about Clinton
and his cigar.

When the facts are on your side, pound the facts
When the law is on your side, pound the law
When nothing is on your side, pound the table.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:50 am
Jackattack wrote:yes, and given the mess were in, that seems so important right now doesn't it......

Every time Repubs get called out on all their dirty deeds they go back to Clinton and the cigar. It still doesn't take away from that fact that they are running a dirty campaign bent on lies and denying citizens votes.
But you can't defend that, so once again, :sigh:, we get to hear about Clinton
and his cigar.

When the facts are on your side, pound the facts
When the law is on your side, pound the law
When nothing is on your side, pound the table.



i agree that the republicans lie steal and cheat to get what they wont....
and it is SICK ......

but to try and act like the dems dont have the SAME tactics is imo
crazy
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:17 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:56 am
first post in this thread. Not sure if this has bee brought up but I just wanted to say that McCain has such strong feelings for war that he will never withdraw troops from Iraq until we have accomplished our objective, whatever that is. Of course we will never win the fight over there, the civil war has been going on since Muhammed's death I doubt us coming into it will ever end it. If he's elected we won't pull out of IRaq for years and years.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:06 am
JOEL wrote:
Jackattack wrote:yes, and given the mess were in, that seems so important right now doesn't it......

Every time Repubs get called out on all their dirty deeds they go back to Clinton and the cigar. It still doesn't take away from that fact that they are running a dirty campaign bent on lies and denying citizens votes.
But you can't defend that, so once again, :sigh:, we get to hear about Clinton
and his cigar.

When the facts are on your side, pound the facts
When the law is on your side, pound the law
When nothing is on your side, pound the table.



i agree that the republicans lie steal and cheat to get what they wont....
and it is SICK ......

but to try and act like the dems dont have the SAME tactics is imo
crazy


I'm not saying they never have, and/or don't, but aside from the cigar thing, can we get an example? .... cause I know I'm not crazy...

I'm just saying, compare the amount and the level of the lies...
when we stack them up side by side, the Repubs will clearly have a huge lead in amount and severity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:54 pm
Jackattack wrote:
JOEL wrote:
Jackattack wrote:yes, and given the mess were in, that seems so important right now doesn't it......

Every time Repubs get called out on all their dirty deeds they go back to Clinton and the cigar. It still doesn't take away from that fact that they are running a dirty campaign bent on lies and denying citizens votes.
But you can't defend that, so once again, :sigh:, we get to hear about Clinton
and his cigar.

When the facts are on your side, pound the facts
When the law is on your side, pound the law
When nothing is on your side, pound the table.



i agree that the republicans lie steal and cheat to get what they wont....
and it is SICK ......

but to try and act like the dems dont have the SAME tactics is imo
crazy


I'm not saying they never have, and/or don't, but aside from the cigar thing, can we get an example? .... cause I know I'm not crazy...

I'm just saying, compare the amount and the level of the lies...
when we stack them up side by side, the Repubs will clearly have a huge lead in amount and severity.



LOL
first off if the dems had any PROOF on the rep's fixing an election the election would have been resolved ( another spin imo )

as far as examples of crooked dems....
how about local postman in san francisco named PAW who earned $50,000 anually...yet with help from his buddy HSU was able to donate more than $200,000 bty the home that the PAW family lives in is owned by Mr.Hsu

william jefferson is in court now for bribery in exchange for doing business in africa

frank ballance dem from N.C in jail today for having his law firm for stealing tax payers money and hidding it in his firm and with his family members...

i am not soo stupid to think that the slim is on only one side of the table.
both sides are swine.....who ever is in office will throught he media spin be shown as the more slimey...

but i just got sick of all the republican bashing....i vote for ccore family values that i believe in and i vote for who i think will honor those values...
being a gay or having an abortion are personal choices and i respect that....
getting health care and a decent wage are the responsibility of each PERSON not the government

paying for and raising childern IMO is the job of the parents not the government.

i think obama would be awsome i think he is genuine i just think he would be to soft...icame up with the teaching....get out and work / sweat
and dont ccount on someone to bail you out.

my own party sucks worse..McCain and Pallin ohhh brother what a mess.

BOTTOM LINE..... two wings ( dems and reps) same freaking bird both are selling out.
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:46 pm
fair enough... I just wanted to get more out of you than quoting one section of my post and a cigar mention... I'll back off the republican bashing. and I know the Dems can be scumbags too. But I still hold that you could go back 100 years with Democrats, and I could just start at Watergate and still the amount and severity of the treachery on the Repub side over the past 38 years would be overwhelming.

Working hard and being self made are not qualities that are exclusive to Republicans. In fact, our current president does not possess these qualities.

and I'm done....
8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron