voting/politics thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

who are you voting for?

Barack Obama / Joe Biden
67%
John McCain / Sara Palin
9%
other (Bob Barr, Ralph Nader, etc)
3%
I'll decide later
9%
No one. Voting is for jerks
12%

Total votes : 33

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:48 pm
O and awesome videos ur posting Jack. thats some good stuff. The power of Youtube will save America one day. Thats of course, if censorship doesnt distroy it first.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:52 pm
JOEL wrote:thanks for the warning jack..... :D
i choose life and i choose to pass on the vid clip :mrgreen:

It wasn't all that offensive, and it doesn't really talk about that subject, but I respect your opinion my friend, and even more so your right to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:04 pm
Jackattack wrote:
JOEL wrote:thanks for the warning jack..... :D
i choose life and i choose to pass on the vid clip :mrgreen:

It wasn't all that offensive, and it doesn't really talk about that subject, but I respect your opinion my friend, and even more so your right to it.

thats why you are A COOL 8) DUDE
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:05 am
Hey guys,

Dont know why I havnt been commenting in this thread............as you all know I love my political debates and what not.............suppose I just let you guys get it all out.

Anyway, this is really the first Presidential election that I have paid attention too from the beginning............and I must say, it is more of a total joke than I ever thought it was.

I mean, I always knew about the slandering tactics and in your face insults to the other candidates/parties...........but is it me or has this been one of the worst and most petty? its all just so childish.

One of thing I always find both fascinating and disgusting is how blatant Republicans are about there beliefs.............I mean, if ANY politician over here voiced even a THOUGHT! on supporting issues such as anti abortion, pro guns, pro oil and all the other disgraceful things the Republicans stand for.............you would never hear from them again!!! they would be named and shamed and boo'ed out of polictics.

And here we have the entire party preaching and praising there out-dated, pathetic and down right evil views on these things.............like they are something to be proud of???

But I suppose that is because so many Americans feel the same way and are with them on those things.............its just a simple thing that baffles me how probably the most important country in the world can be so far behind in terms of issues like these.

Anyway, you all know where I stand.................I cant wait for the election but to be honest, I am a little nervous as I just have a bad feeling that the "people" are going to screw those brains and pull a Bush 2 election (although, we all know that was rigged)

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:15 am
bigstrads wrote:Hey guys,

Dont know why I havnt been commenting in this thread............as you all know I love my political debates and what not.............suppose I just let you guys get it all out.

Anyway, this is really the first Presidential election that I have paid attention too from the beginning............and I must say, it is more of a total joke than I ever thought it was.

I mean, I always knew about the slandering tactics and in your face insults to the other candidates/parties...........but is it me or has this been one of the worst and most petty? its all just so childish.

One of thing I always find both fascinating and disgusting is how blatant Republicans are about there beliefs.............I mean, if ANY politician over here voiced even a THOUGHT! on supporting issues such as anti abortion, pro guns, pro oil and all the other disgraceful things the Republicans stand for.............you would never hear from them again!!! they would be named and shamed and boo'ed out of polictics.

And here we have the entire party preaching and praising there out-dated,
pathetic and down right evil views on these things
.............like they are something to be proud of???

But I suppose that is because so many Americans feel the same way and are with them on those things.............its just a simple thing that baffles me how probably the most important country in the world can be so far behind in terms of issues like these.

Anyway, you all know where I stand.................I cant wait for the election but to be honest, I am a little nervous as I just have a bad feeling that the "people" are going to screw those brains and pull a Bush 2 election (although, we all know that was rigged)

i agree that the entire thing is a joke , however the positions ... pro guns....my family has had guns as a part of our lives since forever
how could i sit by and see that part of my heritage stripped from me and my son.....pro oil , oil is what generates our income and i would enjoy mine to stay the same or grow,,,,,that income is how i comfort ,educate and have fun with my family it gives us security and peace of mind......anti abortion ( I choose life )
IMO abortion is better left to the individual as each lady needs to make that choice for herself its her body and her circumstance .....its also very touchy in most casses. the only thing on abortion that bugs me is the Father has NO say/ rights in the matter yet has all the feelings of a parent .

when some try to remove my freedoms and rights, well of course i would vote for those who are going to preserve them.
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:44 am
bigstrads wrote: I just have a bad feeling that the "people" are going to screw those brains and pull a Bush 2 election (although, we all know that was rigged)

It wasn't rigged, people are just scared easily... the "war on terror" is the best thing bush jr. ever did for his party. also Kerry wasn't much of an opponent - he was boring as shiit to listen to, He didn't come down firmly on the issues, and he didn't separate himself enough from bush. I remember lots of people saying that (even though I personally didn't believe it).

this time around, Obama is trying super hard to show that he is for... he's for... damn! I can't remember the word but I think it rhymes with "range".

about tonight:

Cindy McCain's speech was HORRIFYINGLY AWFUL. no emotion. loads of mistakes. she was stiff as a board. You could see her eyes scanning left. to right as she read the. teleprompter. she was so robotic. and unemotional, the audience. did not know when to Applod -> Applaud.

I know it doesn't matter in the end, and I know she didn't have any experience, but still that sucked HARD. it was fun to watch if you were a democrat though. no ones going to comment about it ('cept for maybe the daily show) but man she was bad

McCain gave a pretty good speech. It was boring, but that was to be expected. he's still wrong on the issues, like for ex. I know "he'd give his life for the country", but he doesn't have the balls to ask the rich to share their wealth for this country. service to your country, but not financial service?

Major Rant time:
every time they say "Obama wants to hike up taxes" I get a little angrier. he wants to hike up taxes solely for the Upper class! and as the Democratic pundits on Larry king live were saying - over the last 20 - 30 years, the economy has always risen when a Liberal has been in office (and fallen when a Republican has lead)! The good news is that come debate time Obama is going to quickly be able to correct them and then they really will have nothing.

Obama wants to tax the rich and use that money to make the working class stronger through the programs he's mentioned, McCain doesn't want to tax anyone (right now) and that's supposed to fix everything. Trickle-Down-Economics (aka give all the money to the rich and they'll invest it wisely) DOES NOT WORK! wait until McCain puts the US into even more debt, and then cuts funding to key areas like education and social security.

McCain is for making sure that the poor stay poor and the rich stay rich. while that may sound great if you're loaded, what drives the country is that American dream: the belief that anyone can come from nothing to something if they work hard enough. you take away the ladder, you take away the drive of America.

and I'm sorry, but they have milked the P.O.W. cow so f'ing dry. they've been jacking those utters so hard for so long that bloods coming out. He was a prisoner of war and he went through an amazingly horrendous ordeal - but every night? every speaker has to take us through the same thing?

Obama = Change has been pounded into our heads with the same intensity, but at least that's geared towards doing something. "I was" and "I will" are both important statements but one is more important than the other. McCain was a war hero, so trust he knows what to do with the country? I was a great leader on my soccer teams, that doesn't mean I'd necessarily make a good coach.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:18 am
Nicely said, First Off, though if you read the research on Ohio, 2004, there is a lot of evidence that voter suppression and machine fraud makes that one very much in doubt, so it is possible that Bush didn't win legitimately in 2004 either (we know he stole 2000, thanks to the Supremes.) Greg Palast and Bobby Kennedy wrote the definitive book on that one, and it makes for horrifying reading.

Interesting side note...55% of the delegates to the GOP convention make an annual income of 1/2 a million dollars or more...might explain their economic policy. Cindy McCain's outfit cost about $300,000...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:02 pm
pretty good anaylsis first off... ur posts in this topic have been spot on. I also like ur take Bigs... I too dont get why This country is so socially behind. It frustrates me so much. And the Democrats, who mostly have sense on social issues, are Idiots with the economy and Foreign Relations issues (Nothing but appeasers).

What scares me is that this country's republicans are so F*** up in the brain, I wouldn't be surprise if they would vote back slavery or indentured servents. The fact that Palin and half the republican party want to disallow the knowledge of Evolution, not allow gay marraige, make women inferior, and completely ignore environmental issues and endangered species is rediculous.(OH AND PALIN BETTER STOP MAKING FUN OF COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS, DAMN BITCCH) Some exceptions are of course Guliani, Romney, and to certain extent, McCain. But these Nuts arent glorifying them, they are going GAGA for Palin the witch. For these freaks who use GOD as an excuse for everything, GOD would be ashamed of them.

Whats just as bad, is Obama's stragegy for the Economy is a joke, it will be doing more harm then good. Sure taking the richest 5% sounds reletively good, but that 5% is responcible for the majority of our economy. Employers arent idiots. They will simply regain their costs by increasing prices and laying off employees. I'll Admit however, his is better then the blank McCain is sharing about, but still, Mitt Romney's idea on how to rebuild America was intellectual and successful for the near and distant future.

QUick summery of my points: America needs change. Both candidates are looking more sorry by the minute. Obama better of the two!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:23 pm
Take away the ladder, and you take away the drive of America....

I like that First Off... well said. :D

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:45 pm
LMAO!!!

Man, the Daily Show talking about the Republican National Convention...........what genius............JOHN DALY FOR PRESIDENT!!! :D :mrgreen:

John Daly = "In Dick Morris's defense..............he is a lying sack of sh*t!"

"Everytime Barack Obama speaks............and Angel has an orgasm!"

The Daly Shows billboard outside the convention read = "Welcome, rich, white oligarchs"

He just went through all the speakers main points about various issues, then showed clips of them saying the EXACT OPPOSITE!!! it was beautiful.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:20 pm
bigstrads wrote:LMAO!!!

Man, the Daily Show talking about the Republican National Convention...........what genius............JOHN DALY FOR PRESIDENT!!! :D :mrgreen:

The Daly Shows billboard outside the convention read = "Welcome, rich, white oligarchs"

He just went through all the speakers main points about various issues, then showed clips of them saying the EXACT OPPOSITE!!! it was beautiful.

It's Jon Stewart, and it's The Daily show mate.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:12 pm
first off wrote:
bigstrads wrote:LMAO!!!

It's Jon Stewart, and it's The Daily show mate.

Ouch........... :oops: .................thats embarassing................wow, Ive talked about it loads of times and never made that mistake. :dontknow:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:40 am
Funny, I call him "John Daily Show... er, John Stewart"... all the time Bigs...

here's John Daily (the golfer) at his finest moment...

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:45 am
this made me laugh....brilliant.

Why does he hate people with the last name Moran? what did they ever do to him? :wink:

Last edited by Money on Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:00 pm
abc/wash post poll finds mccain gaining 20% among white women voters.

wow, some women are dumb. I mean really dumb. like maybe a small percent of these women were waiting for a hard core conservative vp (male or female), and that's fine. However, those undecided independents that can be swayed by superficial BS like "oh she's a hockey mom just like me", how dare you?

If you think Obama should be president just because he's black, you too annoy the crap out of me.

If you don't want to vote that's fine, it's your loss.

I think some people say, "well, I don't agree with everything either candidate stands for, so I'm just going to forget about the issues, and just pick based on who's most like me". It's rare that a pres. Candidate agrees with everything you believe in. It's almost always the lesser of two evils that you have to pick from. you weigh the pros and cons of each candidate and then you make a decision. don't just take the easy way out. you're hurting yourself and the nation.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum