knick trades

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:06 am
The Knicks won't trade any of their rookies, so no.
Oh oh, maybe their announcers for ours?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:58 am
THAT, i'd be winning to do! Don't know WHO'S in New York, but shipping off Giggles and Barnett sounds like a plan!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:42 pm
Ive watched every Knick game so far this season and Im really impressed with David Lee. Hes a hard nosed gritty player that just flat out produces whenever hes on the floor. Nate looks pretty good too but other teams exploit his size on the defensive end constantly. Other than that hes def got a bright future ahead of him.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:58 pm
Dirrrrty Jersey wrote:Nate looks pretty good too but other teams exploit his size on the defensive end constantly. Other than that hes def got a bright future ahead of him.

Yeah, that's why I'm not sure about Nate. He seems to produce at the offensive end, but I'm not sure if he's a good pg (haven't seen him enough) and needs to improve defensively. But he's still a rookie and has to learn from this.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:22 pm
... so, how about shipping off our announcers, huh? I, personally, would take that old school pull-toy that spurts out "the cow says..." every 3 seconds on repeat the entire game over listening to Jim Barnett or Giggles Fitzgerald ever again... who's with me, huh?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:40 pm
Why do you hate Barnett and Fitz so much? They know what they are talking about for the most part.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:53 am
I hate them because they bailed on us during our bad years and all but rooted for the other team. I hate them because they credit the wrong things during the wrong point of the game (such as an opposing player being "on fire" when, in fact, our defense just isn't as good without Adonal in the game). I hate them because Barnett played for the Blazers and should go back there, where he still holds the record for most consecutively made free-throws. I hate them because they are dated and need to be replaced. I hate them because hearing Barnett trying to explain one of Jason's simple windmill dunks by over-complicating it into: "wraps it around... pulls it from the waists... hesitates!... and finishes" makes me fall asleep (and after a JRich windmill, that's saying something). I hate them because so many other people could do their job better than them and I can't understand how these morons have kept their job all these years. I hate them because Fitz' hair annoys me to look at. I hate them because they use to fondly speak of Nick Van Exel while he rode our bench and feigned injury. I hate them because, all of a sudden, when BARON DAVIS, the SUPERSTAR, arrived, all of a sudden they're Golden State Warriors fans again instead of filing their nails during the games and droning on about how great Chris Webber is. I hate them because too many good announcers these days, who can actually do play-by-play or point out something meaningful during the game, are being put out of work so that former players (Barnett) and ass-kissers (Fitz) get TV spots, while the Warriors' best announcer remains stuck on the radio because his face isn't very camera friendly. I hate them because they let little things pass by with no enthusiasm, such as Jason Richardson's new career high in points (which, most home team announcers would be screaming at). I hate them because I know I could do a better job and, seeing as they're professionals, that shouldn't happen.

I could list more, but carpel tunnell is setting in. I haven't stopped typing once. It all comes so naturally to me.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:25 pm
Nice, #32...aren't you passionate about them or what! :)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:39 am
I hate them.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:47 pm
migya wrote:Nate Robinson just seems to have such potential that getting him would be such an investment. the Knicks seem to have a number of guards ahead of him so he won't have much of a chance there

Coming from someone that actually watches knicks games I would definitely have to say David Lee is the only one Id trade for. Hes one of those hustle, rebound, and extra possession guys with the ability to score. And Migya, Nate does get plenty of pt. He starts in front of crawford...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:22 pm
What the hell are you talking about!!!! Nate Robinson gets 18.3mins off the bench and Jamal Crawford gets 30.2mins!!!!

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:29 am
haha I remember on the old SFGate forums that one of the posters overheard Jim Barnett in a bar in Oakland saying that the Warriors stink.

Tim
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:43 am
migya wrote:What the hell are you talking about!!!! Nate Robinson gets 18.3mins off the bench and Jamal Crawford gets 30.2mins!!!!

Not sure about averages, but Nate is starting over Crawford right now. I'm pretty sure that his minutes average is higher in the last games...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:45 am
tkono wrote:haha I remember on the old SFGate forums that one of the posters overheard Jim Barnett in a bar in Oakland saying that the Warriors stink.

Tim

:letitallout:

Really, I have nothing else to add. Not even our announcers believe in the team... Fire him....

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:09 am
migya wrote:What the hell are you talking about!!!! Nate Robinson gets 18.3mins off the bench and Jamal Crawford gets 30.2mins!!!!

Im sure you see all the Knicks games over on the west coast. :roll:
PreviousNext

Return to Trades