voting/politics thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

who are you voting for?

Barack Obama / Joe Biden
22
67%
John McCain / Sara Palin
3
9%
other (Bob Barr, Ralph Nader, etc)
1
3%
I'll decide later
3
9%
No one. Voting is for jerks
4
12%
 
Total votes : 33


All Star
Posts: 1910
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:43 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:38 am
Jackattack wrote:What happens when you are in favor of abstinence only education in the schools? your 17 year old daughter gets pregnant because she doesn't know what a condom is...


What happens when you are so irresponsible that you don't use birth control in your 40's when you know that the chance of having a down's syndrome baby is much greater? you have a down's syndrome baby...

like mother like daughter....


All interesting points. My mom had me when she was 18 years old... she was part of a big family, both parents had challenging, professional careers, and she was legally an adult. That stuff happens.

Now, with a special needs baby and a minor daughter expecting I would think that perhaps Palin would take a step back and decide her family requires her attention. Last I heard being VP is a very, very, very demanding job that would uproot her family.

I will say that this would be my opinion even if it was Mr. Palin who was nominated. The family shouldn't be put at risk for a political career IMO.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

Moderator
Posts: 5353
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:25 pm
Jackattack wrote:What happens when you are in favor of abstinence only education in the schools? your 17 year old daughter gets pregnant because she doesn't know what a condom is...


What happens when you are so irresponsible that you don't use birth control in your 40's when you know that the chance of having a down's syndrome baby is much greater? you have a down's syndrome baby...

like mother like daughter....


Spot on jack, and Science and studies agree that having a child over 40 heavily increases the chances of down syndrome in the child, especially without any aid through those ob/gyn miracle drugs.

and that is why this women needs to step down. The republicans defending her are some of the biggest hypocrits i have ever witness. She (Palin) is the perfect example why birth control, fertility drugs for woman giving birth over 40, sex education need to exist, all these "miracles" (more like mistakes) have occurred.

Oh and her husband is a part of this crazy Alaska Party, where they want to secede from the USA. And the chairman of that party saids that she attended meetings and what not.

All this OBAMA related to his pastor Wright, how about her breaking Oil Laden Alaska away from USA
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:34 am
not to mention, wtf is up with her hair do??

she looks like Little House on the Prarie...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:49 pm
Jackattack wrote:not to mention, wtf is up with her hair do??

she looks like Little House on the Prarie...



ehh i like lil house.....mary ellen is hot :mrgreen:
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:09 pm
McCain just brought the equivalent of the Springer show to our Presidential election...
She's an ugly Sally Fields at best... add psycho too to that...
Wall Street is betting that her nomination gets withdrawn...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:05 pm
Jackattack wrote:What happens when you are in favor of abstinence only education in the schools? your 17 year old daughter gets pregnant because she doesn't know what a condom is...


What happens when you are so irresponsible that you don't use birth control in your 40's when you know that the chance of having a down's syndrome baby is much greater? you have a down's syndrome baby...

like mother like daughter....


:D :D :D :D :D

true that.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1787
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:47 pm
Location: Where Da Wild Things R
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:58 pm
damn im watching this republican national convention and palin is goin at obama hard..... but i noticed that she is not half a good a speaker as obama, and we all kno mccain aint either.............obama will destroy them during the presidential debate....
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1787
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:47 pm
Location: Where Da Wild Things R
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:18 pm
ahhaAHAHAHAHAHAH did anyone see that COON up on the stage singing the national anthem??? hahaAHAHAHAH

Role Player
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:34 pm
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:31 pm
LMAO did yall see when the republicans started chanting
"Drill, baby, drill!" that **** was hilarious. she did try clownin Oboma hella times
Aint no king, but im royal. A lifetime Golden State Warrior like Adonal Foyle ( FIRE DON NELSON )

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:32 pm
speakonitgod wrote:damn im watching this republican national convention and palin is goin at obama hard..... but i noticed that she is not half a good a speaker as obama, and we all kno mccain aint either.............obama will destroy them during the presidential debate....



i dont know speak palin did well , she came across as real ( mccain doesnt) she will hit home with ALL the small town folks across the country.
she spoke well, was funny and genuine.....small town america will buy into her....she will take hillary supporters support.

she didnt bring up pro life but she did bring up religon and guns and OIL.
imo she hit a home run..

i am not saying i support her but she did better than anyone would have figured.
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

Moderator
Posts: 5353
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:56 pm
Sarah Palin and those idiotic republicans out there on the convention are an embarrassment for conservatives like myself. It sucks that when i tell people im conservative, people like her and all those lies that Guliani and Romney and Palin all told tonight make me sick.

bullshiit stated by the speakers tonight fail to mention the horriffic job of the sorry Bush Administration. This proves that much of this nations conservatives still dont get it. THEY'RE HYPOCRITES. They are blaming congress for everything. Last time i check, McCain was just as much as congress as Obama. They criticize Barack Obama for several things that would also be so for John McCain.

The pick of Sarah Palin shows John McCain was incredibly desperate. He felt lost when introducing the family. The look on his face showed a bit of sadness, as this was certainly NOT what he signed up for. I feel sorry for McCain, as he truly is a good guy. He doesnt diserve to be side by side with these phoneys.

Ron Paul, who is true conservative, is the only hope for a better America. Now i do not agree with him on certain issues, he is the only true polliticain who has truly looked out for the American People.

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:03 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Sarah Palin and those idiotic republicans out there on the convention are an embarrassment for conservatives like myself. It sucks that when i tell people im conservative, people like her and all those lies that Guliani and Romney and Palin all told tonight make me sick.

bullshiit stated by the speakers tonight fail to mention the horriffic job of the sorry Bush Administration. This proves that much of this nations conservatives still dont get it. THEY'RE HYPOCRITES. They are blaming congress for everything. Last time i check, McCain was just as much as congress as Obama. They criticize Barack Obama for several things that would also be so for John McCain.

The pick of Sarah Palin shows John McCain was incredibly desperate. He felt lost when introducing the family. The look on his face showed a bit of sadness, as this was certainly NOT what he signed up for. I feel sorry for McCain, as he truly is a good guy. He doesnt diserve to be side by side with these phoneys.

Ron Paul, who is true conservative, is the only hope for a better America. Now i do not agree with him on certain issues, he is the only true polliticain who has truly looked out for the American People.


i too am somewhat conservative and agree guliani made me sick tonight what a cheeser

funny thing that struck me tonight was ....the economy never got brought up.
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:11 pm
Damn, Palin really sounded bad in her speech. Obama is obviously the best speaker of all of them, so in my opinion, he should rip them apart during the debate.

I'm about 3/4 liberal and 1/4 conservative, so obviously, I'm with Obama/Biden. I just can't wait 'til November. American needs to realize McCain is not the man to run this country... especially since Palin is his running mate(and no, I'm not being sexist at all).
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Moderator
Posts: 5353
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:06 pm
xbay wrote:Damn, Palin really sounded bad in her speech. Obama is obviously the best speaker of all of them, so in my opinion, he should rip them apart during the debate.

I'm about 3/4 liberal and 1/4 conservative, so obviously, I'm with Obama/Biden. I just can't wait 'til November. American needs to realize McCain is not the man to run this country... especially since Palin is his running mate(and no, I'm not being sexist at all).


haha how did u make it such a reletively even fraction... like how do u split it in 4ths. Im not mocking, im curious.

Cuz im pretty conservative with the exception with most social issues, i think freedom and equality for all people, regardless to race, gender, sexual orientation, etc is incredibly important. (Why should straight white males have to decide this entire country?)
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:20 pm
Regarding the Republican VP speech:

1. she had good delivery, horrible content. I hope americans don't get swept up in the stuff that isn't important. yes she has ovaries, yes she's a governor from alaska - look at her beliefs and opinions people!

2. she back-handed the media... I don't think thats going to go down very well. don't bite the hand that feeds you, esp since they're are much more important things to talk about/focus on!

3. If you don't want people to point at your kids, don't put them in the spotlight. even if she didn't, I think the party that's all about "family values" deserves to have their family under the magnifying glass. Practice what you preach ya know?

4. What are you going to do about Health care, economy, and Iraq? VERY SHORT ON DETAIL (IF ANY). how do you raise the economy and promote jobs? just wave your wand, cut taxes and that's going to fix everything? I don't think so.

5. I know she's competing in a "man's world" and all, but there was no reason to be that harsh on liberals tonight. they're going to rip her a new one come debate time. I want Obama and Biden to crush her! It was actually a fairly weak - why do you spend all your time bad mouthing the opposition? oh yeah, because... you finish the sentence.

I'm 3/4 Liberal 1/4 Conservative too b.t.dub.

Encourage your friends to take charge of their future and vote!
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron