voting/politics thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

who are you voting for?

Barack Obama / Joe Biden
67%
John McCain / Sara Palin
9%
other (Bob Barr, Ralph Nader, etc)
3%
I'll decide later
9%
No one. Voting is for jerks
12%

Total votes : 33

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:16 pm
HERE IS AN EXCERPT FROM MY BLOG:

....I think this government is so fake. We as Americans should ask who runs this country, because Obama the Puppet and John "the idiot" McCain are both not fit to run this country.

We had the chance to pick Mitt Romney, Hillary Clinton, Ron Paul, Bill Richardson who are wiser, experienced, and Truly "For the People" candidates. Yet we end up with two of the most unqualified candidates.

McCain is too irrational to run the USA, quick temper, lives in the past. I like McCains honesty, but it doesnt help with all the negetive factors he has.

Obama is so shady, inexperience and changes opinions on important issues. Once Obam secured the nomination, he is voting with the Republicans. WTF

Obama at least picked Biden (tough democrat), which at least made me calm down, but still doesnt ease my opinion of him.

McCain picks the worst candidate in the history of politics. Usually VP choices don;t matter, but a 72 year old with health problems make u tune it a little closely. here are some facts on Palin
* Former beauty pageant, 44 yrs old, 5 kids
* Pro-Life (even when incest and rape involved)
* Against evolution being taught in schools.
* 1.5 years as Governor (took time off for child birth)
* running a town which at the time had 8,000 people doesn't count as experience in National politics.
* Has a 4 month old son with downs syndrome(and a woman who puts family first needs to consider the needs a child has, over running a country)
* Alaska is culturally different then the continental 48 states, so different politics.
* Met McCain just once prior to Fridays speech in Dayton

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE SCREW UP AGAIN. IN AN ELECTION FULL OF EXCELLENT CHOICES, WE AGAIN FAIL TO SEE THE QUALITY CANDIDATES IN AN ELECTION.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:52 pm
xbay wrote:
BDIDDY707 wrote:
Beacuse basically are votes dont count.its Electoral College vote And they mostly vote republican

Actually your votes DO count because the electoral college vote is decided based on the majority vote of the state. If the majority vote is for Obama in California, then he will win the electoral votes of Cal. and so on for every state each candidate wins.

California should be a Democratic state this election again as far as I know, so Obama should have us locked for one state.

Yea good thing California counts As 55 points
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:06 am
Palin is a disastrous choice for McCain...a cynical pander to Hillary voters, assuming women are so stupid they will vote for anything with ovaries. I am a student of politics, and have worked on campaigns my whole adult life, and have never seen a more impressive, thoughtful, authentic, smart and inspiring presidential candidate than Obama. Those who attack him clearly have not read his writings, and yes, as opposed to ALL of the other candidates, he writes his own words, all of them. McCain is running an inept, negative and aimless campaign, and ultimately, naming the female Dan Quayle/Clarence Thomas, one who is being investigated by her own state legislature for a major ethics violation, is just a dumb move. There is an intelligence gap between Obama supporters and McCain supporters, as there was with Hillary. There was a direct correlation between level of intelligence and support, with 85% of those with doctorates, 70% of those with Masters and 58% of those with college degrees supporting Obama, and 70% of those who were high school dropouts supporting Clinton/McCain...based on the comments I read from supporters of each, this makes sense. The big question is, will the low information voter, aka the uneducated older white male/female, bring themselves to vote for a (1/2) black man, due to their disgust with Bush/McCain, or will the residual fear of the other, fueled by loathsome internet rumors, cause them to not?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:49 pm
First off,
News of the day: Hurricane Gustav is not only going to fvck up New Orleans, it's also going to mess with the RNC's schedule. Hooray? I'd like to feel good but I know gustav is going to ravage millions of homes in Louisiana and I can't cheer for that. at least everyone high-tailed it out of their before the hurricane hit this time. still, keep the big easy in your prayers everybody...

secondly
Though I'd post some videos on politics

OK this first one has little to do with politics. I was searching for the south park quote about how you always have to pick between the lesser of two evils. and I found the south park episode "Douche vs Turd Sandwich".... in Spanish. it's fairly ridiculous. I mean, south park is crazy enough as it is.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RwbllT8rE8&feature=related[/youtube]

anywho the second is a vid on Sarah Palin by author john green. he stays fairly neutral, and mainly lists facts. Go Nerd Fighters!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSBgH_wf5bc[/youtube]

her acceptance speech
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg0darQB7r4[/youtube]

Last clip is by the amazing atheist. He's kinda a douche bag, but he makes a little sense to me. I do think he worries too much on the superficial facts of Sarah Palin (aka the McCainpalin word) and I completely disagree with the down syndrome baby comment.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=135SdtFzV2U[/youtube]

even though I think many women are smart... there are a lot of stupid people in this country. I think there are loads of people that don't listen to a single debate and just vote with their "gut" when they get to the polls. these are the ones that will vote for Ovaries in '08.

A high school educated white mother is going to vote for a Harvard educated half-African black man? as long as shows like Jerry Springer and Montel and Maury are making good ratings, I won't believe that all American's are intelligent.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:23 pm
This is a poll from AOL.com Its not looking good for Obama

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/08/26/aol-straw-poll-aug-25-sept-1
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:23 am
that poll can't be accurate....

Palin is that scary nosy biyatch that is in everyone's business at the PTA meeting. I can't see how anyone in the right mind can vote for her.

This election, I'm trying very hard to suspend my judgment of people who vote republican. I try to chalk it up to just difference of opinion or philosophy, but I just can't. I cannot see how anyone can be for McCain.
There's something wrong with these people. They've shut down the critical thinking part of their brains. What the republicans have done is so blatant and corrupt that if you vote for them again, you are a complete idiot and you deserve all the chaos that will ensue. A McCain presidency would be disastrous for this country!! If I need to point out why at this stage in the game, you need to do some reading.

It's become apparent to me how deeply divided we are in this country.
It's like we're two different species of people. and there is just no getting through to one another.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:44 am
Jackattack wrote:that poll can't be accurate....

Palin is that scary nosy biyatch that is in everyone's business at the PTA meeting. I can't see how anyone in the right mind can vote for her.

This election, I'm trying very hard to suspend my judgment of people who vote republican. I try to chalk it up to just difference of opinion or philosophy, but I just can't. I cannot see how anyone can be for McCain.
There's something wrong with these people. They've shut down the critical thinking part of their brains. What the republicans have done is so blatant and corrupt that if you vote for them again, you are a complete idiot and you deserve all the chaos that will ensue. A McCain presidency would be disastrous for this country!! If I need to point out why at this stage in the game, you need to do some reading.

It's become apparent to me how deeply divided we are in this country.
It's like we're two different species of people. and there is just no getting through to one another.

The scary thing Jack is that the poll probably is accurate.

The thing is, i consider myself a conservative (which isnt a bad thing), but i dont ever seeing my self voting for the republicans (GOP=BAD)... If they keep it up, i will never vote for them. I'm sorry to tell these republicans, but there is no time machine to bring them back to 1776. It's time to progress.

The democrats are accused all the time of tax raising, when many times they are portrayed that unfairly. However, liberals often see society as a charity, in which a big nation like ours simply doesnt work.

Even though i disagree with the democrats in nearly all foreign and economic issues, i end up voting for them mostly as they are for equality for everyone (civil rights for ALL, pro-choice, stem cells, e.g) and truely in pursuit of progress, which in essence is why humans have lasted this long on earth.

If only there was a party for people like me
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:13 pm
I just did a search and found another poll that shows Obama with a 6 point lead... 48%-42%..

http://themoderatevoice.com/politics/re ... oint-lead/

I can appreciate what you said Crakerz. There nothing wrong in my book about wanting to be fiscally responsible. The last democrat pres was fiscally responsible, and the last 3 republican presidents were not! big time. They borrow borrow and borrow before they'd raise taxes one cent leaving it for your kids and mine to pay off. This style of republican wants a two class society, the rich and the poor. They demonize the government then when they are in power, they run it into the ground spending like a drunken sailor. What kills me is the lower and middle class voter that goes for this bs. Just put on some hunting gear and hold a shotgun and you get their vote... :roll:
Last edited by Money on Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:59 pm
Don't trust the polls!

That AOL Poll is big time bullshit... It has Mcain winning in all 50 states... lol...

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:42 pm
My guess is that Palin is going to get torn apart. If McCain goes down she's really going to be our president? Really?! She's served as governor in the state of Alaska and she's going to step up and lead the nation? C'mon now.

News broke nationally today that her 17-year-old daughter is pregnant. Just another target for anyone looking to attack her and the campaign.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:02 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:My guess is that Palin is going to get torn apart. If McCain goes down she's really going to be our president? Really?! She's served as governor in the state of Alaska and she's going to step up and lead the nation? C'mon now.

News broke nationally today that her 17-year-old daughter is pregnant. Just another target for anyone looking to attack her and the campaign.

And that Palin youngest son with down-syndrome might be hers to.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:56 am
GDS9 wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:My guess is that Palin is going to get torn apart. If McCain goes down she's really going to be our president? Really?! She's served as governor in the state of Alaska and she's going to step up and lead the nation? C'mon now.

And that Palin youngest son with down-syndrome might be hers to.

not true. that's a false rumor. some demo's were speculating that trig was her grandson, and in order to stop those rumors, Palin admitted that the child is hers but her daughter is prego. I know, doesn't make a whole lot of logical sense (like she could have gotten pregnant twice) but evidently that's the case.

http://current.com/items/89258005_palin_confirms_daughter_s_pregnancy

damn I wanted to break the Palin baby story on this site! oh yeah, did you know that baby's full name is... wait for it....

Trig Paxson Van Palin

That almost makes his brother Track Palin sound normal.

NEW STORY!
Apparently someone went through and changed a bunch of info on Sarah Palin's wikipedia page right before she was announced as VP! what is she hiding? it's only a matter of time before whatever was written leaks out over the internet.

why did McCain pick her? I waiting for the surprise, like she's also a war hero, or she's really good at debating or something. I guess Romney is a Mormon, Liberman is a ***** flip-flopper, and that other guy he was thinking about wasn't conservative enough (not fully pro-life). but still, this is the best the GOP can do?
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:25 am
oh yeah, and I hear she eats baby owls for fun. OK maybe she doesn't, but can we spread that rumor? Thanks guys
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:30 am
and she hates puppies
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:05 am
What happens when you are in favor of abstinence only education in the schools? your 17 year old daughter gets pregnant because she doesn't know what a condom is...

What happens when you are so irresponsible that you don't use birth control in your 40's when you know that the chance of having a down's syndrome baby is much greater? you have a down's syndrome baby...

like mother like daughter....

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum