Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:32 am
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3560377
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:40 am
I love Chad's humor, but he's doing too much. He wants a ring, so why the hell is he concentrating more on getting media attention than practicing and helping this sorry Bengals team get to the top?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:55 am
NICE MOVE...his jersey sales will take off :D
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:14 am
i cant take him seriously... is this for real?

is this legit?

its too hard to believe

I read ESPNs article.. but... i cant believe it... haha , its pretty funny thou :-o
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:36 pm
As great as he is as a player, he's absolutely retarded... I mean, there are certain limits you can't cross for a publicity stunt. This is one of those.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:50 pm
I love this guy's humor. i wouldnt want to be a bengal fan as he is such a distraction, but as an outsider, this is great for the NFL.

Chad Ocho-Cinco... LOL!

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:02 pm
He Hate Me.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:04 pm
I love Chad Johnson, I think he's hilarious. I never get sick of his stuff, cracks me up every time. I wish more people took life a little less seriously like he does, it would make for a much better world.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:27 pm
fine wrote:He Hate Me.

Xtreme Football Leauge

That was the stupidest Thing ever
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:00 am
Captain_Jack wrote:I wish more people took life a little less seriously like he does, it would make for a much better world.

I don't know about that. I mean, I get what you're saying, and even agree... but there's a line between having fun and not taking things seriously and being ridiculous.

I mean... would you change your last name to Captain 69? :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:38 am
TMC wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I wish more people took life a little less seriously like he does, it would make for a much better world.

I don't know about that. I mean, I get what you're saying, and even agree... but there's a line between having fun and not taking things seriously and being ridiculous.

I mean... would you change your last name to Captain 69? :wink:

No, because I don't want to, but at the same time does it really matter what my last name is? No, it's a silly detail that's not important. I just don't see why it's a problem, it's only a "distraction" because everyone (fans, the media, etc.) is making a big deal out of something that shouldn't be a big deal at all. It's his right to change his last name to whatever he wants, think of all the actors that have "stage names", no one has a problem with that and no one should have a problem with this.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:50 am
pee wee herman :? ...... :mrgreen:
T.S. Eliot
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:21 am
Captain_Jack wrote:No, because I don't want to, but at the same time does it really matter what my last name is? No, it's a silly detail that's not important. I just don't see why it's a problem, it's only a "distraction" because everyone (fans, the media, etc.) is making a big deal out of something that shouldn't be a big deal at all. It's his right to change his last name to whatever he wants, think of all the actors that have "stage names", no one has a problem with that and no one should have a problem with this.

But this is not an "stage name". An actor still has a "real name", while Chad is not Chad Johnson anymore. He's now Chad Ocho Cinco. It's not the same to be known as Ocho Cinco than actually BE Chad Ocho Cinco.

Also, I don't think it's a distraction, just profoundly stupid. I couldn't care less about his antics... just saying that changing his last name like he's done is totally disrespectful to his heritage.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:32 am
TMC wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:No, because I don't want to, but at the same time does it really matter what my last name is? No, it's a silly detail that's not important. I just don't see why it's a problem, it's only a "distraction" because everyone (fans, the media, etc.) is making a big deal out of something that shouldn't be a big deal at all. It's his right to change his last name to whatever he wants, think of all the actors that have "stage names", no one has a problem with that and no one should have a problem with this.

But this is not an "stage name". An actor still has a "real name", while Chad is not Chad Johnson anymore. He's now Chad Ocho Cinco. It's not the same to be known as Ocho Cinco than actually BE Chad Ocho Cinco.

Also, I don't think it's a distraction, just profoundly stupid. I couldn't care less about his antics... just saying that changing his last name like he's done is totally disrespectful to his heritage.

i agree 100% with the heritage point...your family name ( for a male )
is givin to you by the men in your family and has an honor . however today many don't care about honor.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:35 am
TMC wrote:

Seeing as how the name "Johnson" is a European last name, it's pretty likely his family acquired it through slavery. People have different ways of preserving their heritage, maybe he didn't feel it was necessary to keep his last name, it's not our place to judge.

As for stage names, some are legal some aren't. Either way it is the same thing, people change their names, and it's no one else's business.
Next

Return to Sports Board