College Football Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:44 am
RobDIKUM wrote:Where's the Spartan Love?

Dude, they are ranked 102 out of 119 Div 1 teams! That is awesome.

They are rapidly becoming a powerhouse. They should have their choice of recruits after that ranking. :wink:
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:19 pm
C'mon Bada not so harsh! actually, they are developing a decent system because of Dick Tomey. I like the fact that they try to recruit a lot of freshman when previous coaches would go heavy on the Juco transfers. The defense will be decent. I'm worried about the offense. I just hope we kick fresno's ass.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:19 pm
webelieve wrote:stanford???wtf :shock: not this year its in berkeley there gonna be hungry as hell

**** serious longshore got the nod?god damnit

I'm a Cal fan, too, but I do have to give credit to what Jim Harbraugh did last season in his first season as the Cardinals head coach. So I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to them.

Not sure if Longshore got the nod. But I seriously doubt Riley is going to be the man.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:34 pm
its a simliar situation....to the niners xbay

tedford has riley at 2nd team in camp and longshore at 1st he says though that this is just to get them out and this means nothing.But the kind of coach tedford is hes gonna give it to his qb because hes a loyalist he wont abandon his qb rileys time will come,and if longshore goes down which is a very strong possibility because i mean im not sure how strong that ankle or we he hurt is.
Go Ham
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:40 pm
If I'm not mistaken, Longshore's always found a way to get injured. Not saying he does it on purpose, but every year he's started, he's ended up getting injured. I remember last year he got injured and Riley came in against Oregon State... ugh, I don't even want to remember that game. We had a chance to be ranked number one in the country... :banghead:

Anyways, I think Longshore will get the nod. Riley will get his time... I just don't think it's now.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:46 am
holy fish tits!!!!!!!!OH MY GODD

KEVIN RILEY,HES GONNA START!!!HES GONNA START HES GONNA START!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :forthosewhothinkyoung: :forthosewhothinkyoung: :forthosewhothinkyoung: :notworthy: :notworthy: :hello1:

OHH MAAAN!

(link calbears.com)
Go Ham
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:09 pm
Haha yeah I saw it on the bottom line of ESPN. I guess with a new crop of WR's and a new starting full time RB, it's time for a new QB.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:35 pm
ohh man cal needs to get there asses movin and get that jersey out
Go Ham
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:05 am
ah man today is the day ive been waiting for every since new years!!!its finally here baby!ohhh yeah!!

YOU KNOW IT YOU TELL THE STORY YOU TELL THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD THIS IS BEAR TERRITORY
Go Ham
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:37 am
why isnt this thread blowing up like huge??

ha kevin riley had a beautiful game!they decided to give longshore some snaps he came in for two series two picks...Kevin Riley 17-24 202 Yards 2 TDS player of the game...owned :bday:
Go Ham
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:17 am
webelieve wrote:why isnt this thread blowing up like huge??

ha kevin riley had a beautiful game!they decided to give longshore some snaps he came in for two series two picks...Kevin Riley 17-24 202 Yards 2 TDS player of the game...owned :bday:

It was Jahvid Best that hurt us the most (yes, I'm a Michigan State fan). We didn't have an answer for him when he got going. Hoyer didn't really look great either, and that blocked punt in our endzone really, really hurt. I almost got hope though that we were coming back at the end. :banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:42 am
JayPat wrote:
webelieve wrote:why isnt this thread blowing up like huge??

It was Jahvid Best that hurt us the most (yes, I'm a Michigan State fan). We didn't have an answer for him when he got going. Hoyer didn't really look great either, and that blocked punt in our endzone really, really hurt. I almost got hope though that we were coming back at the end. :banghead:

well weve gotten you guys twice your guys record against the pac 10 is not that great.Ha for real though what did you think about the split possesion call???there was no way that was msu ball man cal had that.

Well your pass defense inside the 20 was bad they ran the same fake bootleg 2 times in a row,and your guys d line wasnt that agressive.The qb wr reciever chemistry didnt quite seem to be there either
Go Ham
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:45 am
and you guys let jahvid hurt you 2 ways,he did it on the ground and in the air,he had close to 70 yards recieving on top of his 111 rushing.You cant let a guy with his speed break away.

jw jaypat im pretty sure you live in the bay area....how you like msu?parents go there? :? just kinda confused it seems like just such a wierd team to decide to like if your form cali no offense man
Go Ham

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:43 am
Well 2 out of my 3 schools won this weekend. Some people criticize me for having 3 teams. But actually look at my teams, there crappy. Anyways, 2 out of three winning is incredibly rare... and prolly wont happen again this season.

Stanford (which beat Oregon State Thursday)
San Diego State (which lost AGAIN to Cal Poly)
Sacramento State (which beat some DII humboldt team)
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:25 pm
My team pulled one outta their ass against UC Davis of all schools. Cal Transfer Kyle Reed took over in the second half and led the team to a last second win. Looks like he'll be the starter.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board