Bruce Bochy is an Idiot Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 359
» Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:44 pm
As our adventures continue, today bochy sent a man from 3rd with the pitcher up for a suicide squeeze attempt. Whoops, it was a rookie pitcher who was already having issues focusing on throwing strikes.... ah well, just another blown call by Bochy, and another 2 outs.

FIRE BRUCE BOCHY HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:38 pm
Well, we won... so I'm not tripping. If we lost, then it'd be a different story. I like Boch, though. I do feel he over-manages at times, but I think he's done a nice job so far with what he's had to work with.

Moderator
Posts: 5355
» Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:47 am
tallboy12321 wrote:As our adventures continue, today bochy sent a man from 3rd with the pitcher up for a suicide squeeze attempt. Whoops, it was a rookie pitcher who was already having issues focusing on throwing strikes.... ah well, just another blown call by Bochy, and another 2 outs.

FIRE BRUCE BOCHY HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No! B Square is the man... i like the direction he is taking with the club, and really has the team playing well in the second half of the season. We will be improved next year, especially if the warriors pursue a marquee shortstop (maybe jimmy rollins) next year.

All Star
Posts: 1218
» Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:08 am
He is a total olf-school guy. He plays strictly by the book. He would much prefer to run in a vet, even if he is batting .153, over a rookie.

It is a funny situation in that I think he his a good manager, but is he the right one for a team trying to get young?

If the team gets a couple of star players next year, and a couple more middle-inning pitchers, then his approach might be more appropriate. He isn't going anywhere unless the Yankees or someone decides to look around.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:08 pm
carlgo wrote:He is a total olf-school guy. He plays strictly by the book. He would much prefer to run in a vet, even if he is batting .153, over a rookie.

It is a funny situation in that I think he his a good manager, but is he the right one for a team trying to get young?

If the team gets a couple of star players next year, and a couple more middle-inning pitchers, then his approach might be more appropriate. He isn't going anywhere unless the Yankees or someone decides to look around.


Sounds like Don Nelson.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:18 pm
GREAT thread!

Bruce, a nutless monkey could do your job. Seriously. A nutless monkey could do your job.

You guys hear the SHOWERS of boo's he got when he pulled Lincecum last night??? Dude, the guy had 10 K's and only needed ONE MORE OUT to finish the 8th. And all he had was a man on first. Bruce Bochy brings in Taschner... and suddenly that man on 1st is on 3rd, with another Rockie on 1st. Good choice, Bruce!

Thank God Brian Wilson is ****ing money.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 229
» Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:25 pm
I'm not a fan of Bochy's either but in his defense Tim was up to 132 pitches. I don't want to see our Tim slinging 140+ in this useless season.

Moderator
Posts: 5355
» Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:40 pm
32 wrote:GREAT thread!

Bruce, a nutless monkey could do your job. Seriously. A nutless monkey could do your job.

You guys hear the SHOWERS of boo's he got when he pulled Lincecum last night???...


since when were drunk fans excellent managers. The pitch count on LinciBeast was so high, it would of been disastorous if for any reason The Beast got hurt out there. Im surprise he wasnt yanked sooner.

Bochy has done a solid job with the pieces he had. Plus the team is winning more games as of late, and setting up to be a good next couple seasons. For the lack to talent he has, the Giants could of been an embarrassment this year (SIDE NOTE: Remember all the 50 articles on ESPN when the season started on how the Giants were going to be so bad this year).

I give bochy a C+/B- this year for exceeding expectations and using the young players to set up for a good year next year. Plus the clubhouse atmosphere seems chill, and under control.

All Star
Posts: 1910
» Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:43 pm
Bochy is no idiot. I think he should be given a medal for keeping the Giants ahead of the Padres and only five games back of the Dodgers and the Rockies. There were some of us who thought this team could lose 100 and, perhaps, be the worst in baseball.

We all want to see Lincecum win but we also want to see him finish this outstanding season healthy and hungry for more.

With all that said Sabean should have been fired. This is his making, not the manager's. I'm laughing my ass off down here that Ned Colletti has really fallen short with a huge payroll and some really nice prospects producing at the major league level. The Dodgers should have stuck with Beane's Paul DePodesta instead of hiring Sabean's Colletti.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 359
» Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:52 pm
once again, althought I despise him as a manager in general, today was another example of Bruce Bochy as an inept manager lacking any perception.

Today, when the only thing I care about is Tim Lincecum winning the Cy Young award, Bruce Bochy, instead of playing the best D possible, decided to play Eugenio Velez in left field. One play lost us the game, because Bruce was f*cking around with the lineup. SCREW YOU! GET THIS MORON OUT OF TOWN! You can call him old school, I call him bad. You can say that the Giants have no talent, I say Joe Girardi brought the Marlins almost to the playoffs because he was a motivator and made excellent decisions.

OUT WITH BOCHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dammitall it just makes me not want to watch my favorite team when crap like this happens.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests