prime kidd vs prime nash

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:12 pm
xbay wrote:
GSW United wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
GSW United wrote:kidd are not as good as nash on making every players around him a better offensive players.

Look at Nets and Suns....because of nash the sun became an elite team while kidd are still 'don't know where'.
Sun is the super offensive team while W's on the second place but last year we are about as same as they are....


not quite sure what you're trying to say, but yes, let's look at the Nets and Suns...

Nets, back to back finals appearance...

Suns, zero final appearances.

as you were saying?


i am not saying the past...coz i am not the person living in the past.
what i say just put this 2 teams on the game now..SUNS and Nets..who win will win the title...that's it.
The reality is simple who win is the king.


Nash hasn't even tasted the NBA Finals, Kidd has. If it wasn't for the Shaq era with the Lakers, they would've won the title... or at least had a better shot against the Spurs. Nash is built to run an offense, same with Kidd. Kidd is better all-around. Double-doubles? or Triple-doubles? The list goes on.

Watching Kidd with the Suns and Nets was simply entertaining and amazing. You'd have to see it to actually get a real, true perspective on it.


back to back championships final but didn't win...that's mean nothing.

nash are more complete sport player...he can really good on soccer.
Kidd is good on tripple double but if can't help your team win the championship title, it's meaningless...

look at Tom Brady how superior he is in the season but if u didn't win the Superbowl is nothing.
And i do think the personal life Nash are more simple than Kidd...i don't want to say Kidd we all know that.
Sorry if i am wrong...

for me Nash is better than kidd. If not because of that incident 2 years ago, Sun probably win that championships already.
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:28 pm
GSW United wrote:
xbay wrote:
GSW United wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
GSW United wrote:kidd are not as good as nash on making every players around him a better offensive players.

Look at Nets and Suns....because of nash the sun became an elite team while kidd are still 'don't know where'.
Sun is the super offensive team while W's on the second place but last year we are about as same as they are....


not quite sure what you're trying to say, but yes, let's look at the Nets and Suns...

Nets, back to back finals appearance...

Suns, zero final appearances.

as you were saying?


i am not saying the past...coz i am not the person living in the past.
what i say just put this 2 teams on the game now..SUNS and Nets..who win will win the title...that's it.
The reality is simple who win is the king.


Nash hasn't even tasted the NBA Finals, Kidd has. If it wasn't for the Shaq era with the Lakers, they would've won the title... or at least had a better shot against the Spurs. Nash is built to run an offense, same with Kidd. Kidd is better all-around. Double-doubles? or Triple-doubles? The list goes on.

Watching Kidd with the Suns and Nets was simply entertaining and amazing. You'd have to see it to actually get a real, true perspective on it.


back to back championships final but didn't win...that's mean nothing.

nash are more complete sport player...he can really good on soccer.
Kidd is good on tripple double but if can't help your team win the championship title, it's meaningless...

look at Tom Brady how superior he is in the season but if u didn't win the Superbowl is nothing.
And i do think the personal life Nash are more simple than Kidd...i don't want to say Kidd we all know that.
Sorry if i am wrong...

for me Nash is better than kidd. If not because of that incident 2 years ago, Sun probably win that championships already.


The FACT that he lead his team to the Finals is more than nothing. The FACT that Nash has had repeated playoff exits shows nothing. You talk about how Kidd can't help a team win a title... Nash hasn't done that either. Like I said, at least Kidd got farther than Nash.

Tom Brady didn't win the Superbowl this past season, but he has 3 titles under his belt, anyway.

Can't forget, Kidd was an extremely significant piece to Team USA this year. He was also an important one in his other Team USA appearance.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:49 pm
oke...oke

if u think the players that never win the MVP is better than the player win 2 times MVP...i can't say anything....

oke u win... :dontknow:
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:59 pm
GSW United wrote:oke...oke

if u think the players that never win the MVP is better than the player win 2 times MVP...i can't say anything....

oke u win... :dontknow:


William, players who dont score will almost never win an MVP. Double check me on this, but when was the last time a pass-first point guard or a shot-blocking big man won it? Guys like Kidd are so important to a team, but they wont get credit for it. Guys like Kidd will always be outdone when it comes to winning awars like the MVP to players that score more. Sure, Nash is good, but Kidd is the better all-around basketball player. But if you want to start throwing out accolades, we can do that.

Steve Nash:
2x NBA MVP (2005, 2006)
6x All-Star
6x All-NBA selection

Jason Kidd:
1992 Naismith High School Player of the Year
9-time NBA All-Star
7-time All-NBA
9-time All-Defensive Selection
NBA co-Rookie of the Year: 1995
NBA All-Rookie First Team: 1995

Nash needs to add a little more to his resume to hold a candle to Kidd.

I would rate them like this:
Nash is a better scorer than Kidd.
Nash is a better flashy passer than Kidd.
Kidd is a better team leader than Nash.
Kidd is a better defensive player than Nash.
Kidd is a better rebounder than Nash.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:04 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
GSW United wrote:oke...oke

if u think the players that never win the MVP is better than the player win 2 times MVP...i can't say anything....

oke u win... :dontknow:


William, players who dont score will almost never win an MVP. Double check me on this, but when was the last time a pass-first point guard or a shot-blocking big man won it? Guys like Kidd are so important to a team, but they wont get credit for it. Guys like Kidd will always be outdone when it comes to winning awars like the MVP to players that score more. Sure, Nash is good, but Kidd is the better all-around basketball player. But if you want to start throwing out accolades, we can do that.

Steve Nash:
2x NBA MVP (2005, 2006)
6x All-Star
6x All-NBA selection

Jason Kidd:
1992 Naismith High School Player of the Year
9-time NBA All-Star
7-time All-NBA
9-time All-Defensive Selection
NBA co-Rookie of the Year: 1995
NBA All-Rookie First Team: 1995

Nash needs to add a little more to his resume to hold a candle to Kidd.


and the other reason is Nash beat other team and kidd beat his wife...
i never agree or support to player who like to beat his wife...
USA have LAW to protect people from bad guy...
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:15 pm
actually, there is no end if we debate about who is the better player ...

For me, i would say Nash.I have to defend my beliefs, if u guys said Kidd is better than Nash then go ahead but if we debate about who the better one there is no way i will say your thought is the best one.


For example , i said 1 + 1 = 2, and then u said 1 + 1 = 11...
if u believe 1 + 1 = 11 then go ahead but don't say my 1 + 1 =2 is wrong...coz i believe 1 + 1 = 2...right.

If u believe on something just do it, believe it, keep it, and if necessary die for it. :wink:
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:26 pm
GSW United wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
GSW United wrote:oke...oke

if u think the players that never win the MVP is better than the player win 2 times MVP...i can't say anything....

oke u win... :dontknow:


William, players who dont score will almost never win an MVP. Double check me on this, but when was the last time a pass-first point guard or a shot-blocking big man won it? Guys like Kidd are so important to a team, but they wont get credit for it. Guys like Kidd will always be outdone when it comes to winning awars like the MVP to players that score more. Sure, Nash is good, but Kidd is the better all-around basketball player. But if you want to start throwing out accolades, we can do that.

Steve Nash:
2x NBA MVP (2005, 2006)
6x All-Star
6x All-NBA selection

Jason Kidd:
1992 Naismith High School Player of the Year
9-time NBA All-Star
7-time All-NBA
9-time All-Defensive Selection
NBA co-Rookie of the Year: 1995
NBA All-Rookie First Team: 1995

Nash needs to add a little more to his resume to hold a candle to Kidd.


and the other reason is Nash beat other team and kidd beat his wife...
i never agree or support to player who like to beat his wife...
USA have LAW to protect people from bad guy...


Because Kidd did something stupid in his personal life, away from the game, that makes him inferior as a player? Come on, now. Since then, he served his anger management time, gave up alcohol, and started anew. Not condoning what he did, which was stupid, but it is just as stupid to think that his personal life has anything to do with his ballplay. Dislike him all you want for doing that. Just dont think it makes him any less of a player.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:45 pm
Because Kidd did something stupid in his personal life, away from the game, that makes him inferior as a player? Come on, now. Since then, he served his anger management time, gave up alcohol, and started anew. Not condoning what he did, which was stupid, but it is just as stupid to think that his personal life has anything to do with his ballplay. Dislike him all you want for doing that. Just dont think it makes him any less of a player.


like i said...everyone will find any kind of reason to defend his thought.
But, in here there is no winner who are the better players.
Afterall, we all have different thinking so let it be...u think Kidd is better..that's right.
For me, Nash is better....
It's like we talking about the food, u like it u will say is delicious but not apply to other people.Some may don't like it and say is taste like sh1t so what we can say...
Good or not is just depend who get into it...
[/quote]
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:48 pm
Fair enough.

You like Nash. I like Kidd. It's just some of your reasons against Kidd seem atrocious. Not all of them, but the one with his personal life is something I don't understand, and I never will. Don't see how the personal life of an athlete affects how good or bad of a player he is compared to another.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:51 pm
xbay wrote:Don't see how the personal life of an athlete affects how good or bad of a player he is compared to another.


I think that applies to many things... especially politics. I dont get it, either.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

Role Player
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:36 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:29 am
kidd's unselfish in the game, but theres some obvious flaws in his character. nash is the perfect guy, humble, genuine, kind. i'd take nash if i was picking one of the two to be an actual teammate...with him, i think there'd just be a better atmosphere, better chemistry among everyone, etc..

based on skill only, i'd take kidd, like i said in my original post. but its pretty close i think

Rookie
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:50 am
Location: Vallejo
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:03 am
GSW United wrote:
Because Kidd did something stupid in his personal life, away from the game, that makes him inferior as a player? Come on, now. Since then, he served his anger management time, gave up alcohol, and started anew. Not condoning what he did, which was stupid, but it is just as stupid to think that his personal life has anything to do with his ballplay. Dislike him all you want for doing that. Just dont think it makes him any less of a player.


like i said...everyone will find any kind of reason to defend his thought.
But, in here there is no winner who are the better players.
Afterall, we all have different thinking so let it be...u think Kidd is better..that's right.
For me, Nash is better....
It's like we talking about the food, u like it u will say is delicious but not apply to other people.Some may don't like it and say is taste like sh1t so what we can say...
Good or not is just depend who get into it...

[/quote]

Sorry GSW, but you're wrong about that. The idea we are all debating is who is the better player in his prime, not who you like as a player. You have said multiple times that you like Nash more and because of that he is the better player. That is not factually backed up. Earlier in the posts someone put up each players achievements and proved that Kidd had more awards to his name, therefore backing up his debate that Kidd was the better player. He used logic, facts, and reasoning, not just personal preference.

Kidd has done more for all of his teams than Nash has. In the league, Kidd has more respect than that of Nash because Kidd is a more mature player. He whines a lot less and has learned to play the game without having to bitch to the refs. Kidd is a future Hall of Famer. I hear that more often about Kidd than Nash. Nash has never been to the Finals! Kidd has.

For facts sake, let's really compare both players at their supposed prime. Kidd when he brought the Nets to the Finals and Nash when he faced the Spurs a few years back. Just by comparing the teams, you can see that Kidd held most of the load. I don't feel like pulling the numbers, but if you really look into it, Kidd is the better all around player when compared to Nash.

Plus, Kidd came from Oakland and he and Gary Payton used to ball together! Who's Nash's friends in the NBA? Baron Davis.. BOOO!!!
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1396
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:03 pm
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:18 am
Kidd
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:27 pm
Location: Dixon
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:24 am
Plus, Kidd came from Oakland and he and Gary Payton used to ball together! Who's Nash's friends in the NBA? Baron Davis.. BOOO!!!


Clinches it for me. :)
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13480
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:19 pm
Jason Kidd is way better.

It's not even close.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
Previous

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron