Any Niner Queens want a sigbet on Raiders v Niners Game?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Which Sig will the Niners rock on Saturday morning?

"I'm a stupid Niners fan"
No votes
"Bill Walsh is a O.G from the Oakland Raiders"
20%
"Alex Smith is the Mike Dunleavy Jr of Professional Sports"
80%

Total votes : 5

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:40 pm
bada wrote:blackouts are NFL policy, not individual team policy however to absolve Al Davis of any blame for lack of sellouts is rediculous.

They come back to Oakland from LA and Al only had $ signs in his eyes. It was not for the love of the Oakland fan. He allowed the deal to be written to completely RAPE the fans of Oakland from outlandish ticket prices and brutally high PSL fees.

Completely alienated the blue collar fans that had supported his team. You are always going to get 40-50K hard core fans that will do whatever it takes to buy tickets. But so many fans just can't afford it season tickets.

But then the fiasco of single game tickets where they essentially built in a PSL fee into them. Obviously single game tickets are going to be priced higher than if you buy them with season tickets, but it had that premium PLUS a fee that was essentially a allocated PSL fee.

it was never $80 to sit in mt davis.....even it was folks always had a choice

which is perhaps the worst seats in all of football. Yeah, real fan friendly there Al. Way to really care about your fans

which owners truely care about anything but money..the sonics ownership?

and understand the demographic.

They could ABSOLUTELY sell-out that place. BUt it takes lowering ticket prices which Al would refuse to do.

its like $26 bucks to sit in / on mt davis :shock:

I love what Paul Allen did when he bought the Seahawks. In addition to reasonable ticket prices, he INSISTED and PLEDGED that the upper 5,000 seats in the stadium would be priced at $10/each. This means a family of 4 could go to the game for $40 in ticket prices. That is HALF what it costs to sit at the top of Mt Davis for ONE person.

simple untruth

He kept that for 5 years until they moved into the new stadium. As it is, even with an 800 million dollar stadium, ticket prices are as reasonble as anywhere in the league. I have some amazing seats and mine are less than a Mt Davis seat.

Dont believe for a minute that the complete raping of the fan base does not contribute to them selling out. Also dont believe for a minute that Al cant control that.

and dont believe this media spin induced post :wink:
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:42 pm
Yeah Joel... I think Bada is being quite Niave comparing Seahawks to the Raiders.

How about we just compare trophy cabinets :D :D :D :D :D

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:46 pm
i like bada's take's on many things...

i think he has some raider baggage and he should turn off the news....way too much spin gets mixed in with his reality :mrgreen:
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:47 pm
jimbob631 wrote:This is just funny, both the niners and the raiders are a joke. Its funny how u guys act like ur team is superior when both teams are just bad. Its the same with the Giants and A's stuff, both teams are garbage.

I know my team is terrible. But I still back up my team because that's what a fan does. The Raiders suck, yet you don't see pawno or JOEL backing down from that. The Niners suck, yet you don't see myself or SF back down from that either. We're fans... we stick by our teams. I don't see anyone complaining about how bad the Warriors were and yet we still stuck by them and went to games.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:49 pm
its a rivalry the teams are a touchdown in distance away from each other...we have to bag on one another :mrgreen:
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:49 pm
xbay wrote:
jimbob631 wrote:This is just funny, both the niners and the raiders are a joke. Its funny how u guys act like ur team is superior when both teams are just bad. Its the same with the Giants and A's stuff, both teams are garbage.

I know my team is terrible. But I still back up my team because that's what a fan does. The Raiders suck, yet you don't see pawno or JOEL backing down from that. The Niners suck, yet you don't see myself or SF back down from that either. We're fans... we stick by our teams. I don't see anyone complaining about how bad the Warriors were and yet we still stuck by them and went to games.

RESPECT!!!

Something we can finally agree on.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:51 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
xbay wrote:

RESPECT!!!

after last night the niners owe :mrgreen:

T.S. Eliot

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:53 pm
yeah sf3 did you have the chance to watch the game just yet?

cuz i was wondering if yousaw me wave at you :D

just messin :mrgreen:
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:58 pm
JOEL wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
xbay wrote:

RESPECT!!!

after last night the niners owe :mrgreen:

We owe nothing but disrespect and trash talk. That's how we show our respect towards each other. Happens every year... :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:59 pm
i"ll take it :mrgreen:
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:36 pm
no matter how bad our teams are....we need to stand and defend them anytime at any cost...

it's like our country..we need to protect and fight if some country try to attack us... :evil:
Previous

Return to Sports Board