Any Niner Queens want a sigbet on Raiders v Niners Game?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Which Sig will the Niners rock on Saturday morning?

"I'm a stupid Niners fan"
No votes
"Bill Walsh is a O.G from the Oakland Raiders"
20%
"Alex Smith is the Mike Dunleavy Jr of Professional Sports"
80%

Total votes : 5

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:04 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:yeah sfsfsfgiant... it's pretty pathetic that you won't back the confidence of your team and just come plain out and have a sigbet!

You don't need to watch the game.. yo just need to BELIEVE in your team. and quite frankly i think your having 2nd thoughts about that.

If your keen on the sigbet. just write the one i will be rocking before the match and the winner gets to choose what is agrred upon for all the sore losers dressed in red/gold or silver/black

I'm leaning towards Bill Walsh is O.G from the Oakland Raiders

Don't be a big wet ***** Sfsfsfgiant... lets see how much you really believe in your team.

I'm not betting on a game where the starters only play for a couple series and call it a day. What is the point in that? It shows nothing.

it shows the Raiders have great depth..

hey man check the link

http://www.justin.tv/kostatz
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:07 pm
I did... the top of my screen is cut off. What is the score?
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:08 pm
Nil ALL
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:35 pm
just got back from the game....sit in blackhole area is pretty fun!!! all are treat like brothers.. :headbang:

Wow....M.Bush seems pretty good and i believe he will make some big impact this year to prove that he is capable for Raiders Offense.
That rookie play pretty well L.Rankin(forgot his name...lewis rankin or something) ...

for niners, seems shaun hill played pretty good compare to sullivan and A.smith...

can't wait for next game and i will sit in the blackhole area for this entire season... :headbang:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:38 pm
GSW United wrote:just got back from the game....sit in blackhole area is pretty fun!!! all are treat like brothers.. :headbang:

Wow....M.Bush seems pretty good and i believe he will make some big impact this year to prove that he is capable for Raiders Offense.
That rookie play pretty well L.Rankin(forgot his name...lewis rankin or something) ...

for niners, seems shaun hill played pretty good compare to sullivan and A.smith...

can't wait for next game and i will sit in the blackhole area for this entire season... :headbang:

SUP!!!

Good game. was good to get the win hey GSWunited.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:43 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
GSW United wrote:just got back from the game....sit in blackhole area is pretty fun!!! all are treat like brothers.. :headbang:

SUP!!!

Good game. was good to get the win hey GSWunited.

yup....

win in pre season at least can give us some confidence eventhough they not playing on the high level yet...

:wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:54 am
LMAO.

Boast all you want about the win. It's f*cking pre-season. Come talk to me after Week 17, Raider fans. Get a grip. You looked impressive tonight. But do it for 4 full quarters for 16 games. No need for the, "But oh, if we did that tonight, we would've merked y'all!" Just shut up, you won, leave it at that. The Patriots lost to the lowly Ravens... what makes a crap team beating a crap team any more special in the pre-season? And finally, let your team try and prove us that your team is more than hype.

Peace :!:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:00 am
xbay wrote:LMAO.

Boast all you want about the win. It's f*cking pre-season. Come talk to me after Week 17, Raider fans. Get a grip. You looked impressive tonight. But do it for 4 full quarters for 16 games. No need for the, "But oh, if we did that tonight, we would've merked y'all!" Just shut up, you won, leave it at that. The Patriots lost to the lowly Ravens... what makes a crap team beating a crap team any more special in the pre-season? And finally, let your team try and prove us that your team is more than hype.

Peace :!:

Maybe i should dig up all the posts from last year when i heard the same hypocritical bullshit from Niner Nation about when you guys beat us in the preseason!!! & the ironic thing was after hearing all the crap from the Niners they still finished with the same abizmil record as us. (well nearly

I know it's only preseason... But It's still bragging rights for the next year. We beat you fair and square with our starters our 2nd string and our 3rd string. 8) )
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:06 pm
Yup, and you're GOD-like QB sure was impressive. :roll:

And don't even get us talking about last season. I will defend anything you throw at my Niners.

You have rejoicing in your win. You have bragging rights in the pre-season... but damn, wasn't it 2-3 years ago we beat your Raiders in the SEASON? Oh, I think it was. We'll just see who has bragging rights for the REGULAR SEASON and not the blacked out PRE-SEASON.

Al Davis is a freaking joke if he thinks blacking out games will make people come to the Raider games. :roll:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:32 pm
xbay wrote:Yup, and you're GOD-like QB sure was impressive. :roll:

And don't even get us talking about last season. I will defend anything you throw at my Niners.

You have rejoicing in your win. You have bragging rights in the pre-season... but damn, wasn't it 2-3 years ago we beat your Raiders in the SEASON? Oh, I think it was. We'll just see who has bragging rights for the REGULAR SEASON and not the blacked out PRE-SEASON.

Al Davis is a freaking joke if he thinks blacking out games will make people come to the Raider games. :roll:
[b]

ummm when did mr. davis gain that type of authority :shock:
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:35 pm
xbay wrote:Yup, and you're GOD-like QB sure was impressive. :roll:

Oh yeah its Al's fault for ticket sales... get your hand off it mate.

I think Joel touched on it before and it has something to do with the demographics of the Oakland Raiders fans.

Most of the fanbase is the working class, they can't afford to get tickets till Friday (when they get paid) but there is a rush in ticket sales on this day and they nearly sell out the stadium.

& it's ironic how we hear SFSFSFGiant whinge about how the Niners can sell out the preseason rivalry. Well if the Niner Nation didn't have a carrot stuck up there ass and weren't so niave about the city of Oakland (will get murdered, ill get bashed for wearin my Montana jersey) then the Collesium would easily be sold out.

we had something like 58,000 people there last night and could have had the place sold out if the extra 10,000 niners fans sitting at home weren't so scared.
When the rivalry is played at Monster Park a good percentage of the stadium is raiders fans and thats cause WE NOT SCARED OF YOU WINE AND CHEESE FOOLS!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:26 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:& it's ironic how we hear SFSFSFGiant whinge about how the Niners can sell out the preseason rivalry. Well if the Niner Nation didn't have a carrot stuck up there ass and weren't so niave about the city of Oakland (will get murdered, ill get bashed for wearin my Montana jersey) then the Collesium would easily be sold out.

we had something like 58,000 people there last night and could have had the place sold out if the extra 10,000 niners fans sitting at home weren't so scared.
When the rivalry is played at Monster Park a good percentage of the stadium is raiders fans and thats cause WE NOT SCARED OF YOU WINE AND CHEESE FOOLS!!!

First of all, our fear of Oakland is justified. Oakland is one of the most dangerous cities in America. If I remember right, Oakland is the eight most violent city in the country, just behind Richmond. San Francisco is on no list like that....

Also, why is it our job to sell out your games? Sell out your own mother f'n games. We do.

Also, my name has an (s) at the end of it. :roll: :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:47 pm
This is just funny, both the niners and the raiders are a joke. Its funny how u guys act like ur team is superior when both teams are just bad. Its the same with the Giants and A's stuff, both teams are garbage.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:18 pm
blackouts are NFL policy, not individual team policy however to absolve Al Davis of any blame for lack of sellouts is rediculous.

They come back to Oakland from LA and Al only had $ signs in his eyes. It was not for the love of the Oakland fan. He allowed the deal to be written to completely RAPE the fans of Oakland from outlandish ticket prices and brutally high PSL fees.

Completely alienated the blue collar fans that had supported his team. You are always going to get 40-50K hard core fans that will do whatever it takes to buy tickets. But so many fans just can't afford it season tickets.

But then the fiasco of single game tickets where they essentially built in a PSL fee into them. Obviously single game tickets are going to be priced higher than if you buy them with season tickets, but it had that premium PLUS a fee that was essentially a allocated PSL fee. So it was over $80 to sit at the top of Mt Davis which is perhaps the worst seats in all of football. Yeah, real fan friendly there Al. Way to really care about your fans and understand the demographic.

They could ABSOLUTELY sell-out that place. BUt it takes lowering ticket prices which Al would refuse to do.

I love what Paul Allen did when he bought the Seahawks. In addition to reasonable ticket prices, he INSISTED and PLEDGED that the upper 5,000 seats in the stadium would be priced at $10/each. This means a family of 4 could go to the game for $40 in ticket prices. That is HALF what it costs to sit at the top of Mt Davis for ONE person. He kept that for 5 years until they moved into the new stadium. As it is, even with an 800 million dollar stadium, ticket prices are as reasonble as anywhere in the league. I have some amazing seats and mine are less than a Mt Davis seat.

Dont believe for a minute that the complete raping of the fan base does not contribute to them selling out. Also dont believe for a minute that Al cant control that.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:38 pm
bada wrote:blackouts are NFL policy, not individual team policy however to absolve Al Davis of any blame for lack of sellouts is rediculous.

They come back to Oakland from LA and Al only had $ signs in his eyes. It was not for the love of the Oakland fan. He allowed the deal to be written to completely RAPE the fans of Oakland from outlandish ticket prices and brutally high PSL fees.

Completely alienated the blue collar fans that had supported his team. You are always going to get 40-50K hard core fans that will do whatever it takes to buy tickets. But so many fans just can't afford it season tickets.

But then the fiasco of single game tickets where they essentially built in a PSL fee into them. Obviously single game tickets are going to be priced higher than if you buy them with season tickets, but it had that premium PLUS a fee that was essentially a allocated PSL fee. So it was over $80 to sit at the top of Mt Davis which is perhaps the worst seats in all of football. Yeah, real fan friendly there Al. Way to really care about your fans and understand the demographic.

They could ABSOLUTELY sell-out that place. BUt it takes lowering ticket prices which Al would refuse to do.

I love what Paul Allen did when he bought the Seahawks. In addition to reasonable ticket prices, he INSISTED and PLEDGED that the upper 5,000 seats in the stadium would be priced at $10/each. This means a family of 4 could go to the game for $40 in ticket prices. That is HALF what it costs to sit at the top of Mt Davis for ONE person. He kept that for 5 years until they moved into the new stadium. As it is, even with an 800 million dollar stadium, ticket prices are as reasonble as anywhere in the league. I have some amazing seats and mine are less than a Mt Davis seat.

Dont believe for a minute that the complete raping of the fan base does not contribute to them selling out. Also dont believe for a minute that Al cant control that.

Nice way to compare Apples to Oranges. I'm guessing if Al Davis was the 2nd richest man on the planet and could afford to run his team at a loss... then yeah he'd sell cheaper tickets.

I'm not saying Al isn't making a profit and he could lower ticket prices definately (by how much, who knows) but Paul Allen treats his Blazers and Seahawks like i treat my model train set (it's just a ****ing hooby for that billionaire) Al Davis treats it as a business so he makes his seat prices accordingly.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board