brett farve

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:26 pm
Oh, DAMN NFL.COM! Well, looks like it'll be a 3rd rounder then. If he doesn't beat Pennington for the starting gig, that'd be sad. I still don't think they're a playoff team. Their defense is still iffy. And their offense needs more work. Coles has trouble staying healthy. Jones as well.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:14 am
The biggest loser has to be the Tampa Bay Bucs... they were actively pursuing Farve, basically disappointing an already pissed of Jeff Garcia... and now the fragile flamboyant Garcia seems more pissed off.

I wouldnt be surprise if ESPN brought its reporters Wendi Nix, Rachael Nichols and Chris Mortansen to fly over from Green Bay to Tampa Bay to start harassing a new team now.

BTW, i liked it how ESPN changed SportsCenter from FarveCenter yesterday... at least they were honest with their addiction to the story.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:23 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:BTW, i liked it how ESPN changed SportsCenter from FarveCenter yesterday... at least they were honest with their addiction to the story.

This morning, the first 15 things on SportsCenter, the first 15 tabs were all about Favre. :|

I shut it off right away.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:19 pm
I hope J-E-T-S fans realize that just because Favre was successful in one environment it doesn't guarantee he will continue that way.

Change in routine, personnel, and system are going to be a huge hurdle for Favre. Not to say that he can't do it, but odds are against it. First half of their schedule is manageable. Starting 5-3 well within their means. But what if things don't go as planned? How long of a leash are those ravenous fans going to give him before they start booing?

If I was a fan of the Jets, I would wonder what direction my team was going. It's not like the Jets were on the brink of greatness. This move makes them a viable playoff contender, but still a tier below NE, IND, SD, PITT, and JAX. After this season, then what. I can guess Brett will comtemplate retirement again.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:08 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:BTW, i liked it how ESPN changed SportsCenter from FarveCenter yesterday... at least they were honest with their addiction to the story.

This morning, the first 15 things on SportsCenter, the first 15 tabs were all about Favre. :|

I shut it off right away.

Yeah last night they changed the name to farveCenter as a running joke. I think it was Steve Levy who kept saying it. "coming up next on farvecenter..."
Previous

Return to Sports Board