Brett Favre Fantasy Stats

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:14 pm
What happens if Brett Favre goes to the Jets or BUCS?

Does he have better stats if he's playing there as opposed to Green Bay???
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:13 pm
Well, it'll depend on his play. I honestly believe that if he goes to the Bucs or Jets, his value may go down because he'll have to learn a new play book and build chemistry with the offense. So things may be out of sync. Especially since training camp has passed and the pre-season has just started.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:38 pm
xbay wrote:Well, it'll depend on his play. I honestly believe that if he goes to the Bucs or Jets, his value may go down because he'll have to learn a new play book and build chemistry with the offense. So things may be out of sync. Especially since training camp has passed and the pre-season has just started.

well, if u been in the league for quite long and consider top QB, learning the new play book/strategy is not that hard....Favre already has his weapon just tell him where to throw that's it.. :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:24 am
xbay wrote:Well, it'll depend on his play. I honestly believe that if he goes to the Bucs or Jets, his value may go down because he'll have to learn a new play book and build chemistry with the offense. So things may be out of sync. Especially since training camp has passed and the pre-season has just started.

What the...?. If he ends up in Tampa, he won't have any kind of trouble with the playobook. It'll be run, run, bomb to Galloway, repeat. :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:29 am
TMC wrote:

What the...?. If he ends up in Tampa, he won't have any kind of trouble with the playobook. It'll be run, run, bomb to Galloway, repeat. :wink:

something just seems right for him in tampa...weather , coach , not a rivalof the bucks , close to his home ....i said tamp months ago
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:47 am
JOEL wrote:
TMC wrote:

something just seems right for him in tampa...weather , coach , not a rivalof the bucks , close to his home ....i said tamp months ago

hell, maybe Sapp will come out of retirement just to play with favre haha
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:51 am
E-Man wrote:
JOEL wrote:
TMC wrote:

hell, maybe Sapp will come out of retirement just to play with favre haha

HAHA ithought sapp was awsome...dude had a smile that only bret's could compete with....then again he also could get fired up just like bret..

thinking sap is probably way out of shape....sittin back pounding the southern cooking
T.S. Eliot

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:55 am
can anyone tell me how waivers work in this league
T.S. Eliot

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:18 am
JOEL wrote:can anyone tell me how waivers work in this league

if its anything like other yahoo fantasy leagues, then if a GM drops a player, they hit waivers. any other GM can attempt to pick him up. the waiver period is 2 days (i think). after the 2 days, the GM with the highest waiver priority will recieve the player (if the GM has chosen to claim the player from waivers).

once the GM recieves the player from waivers, their waiver priority moves to last and everyone else gets bumped up.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:53 am
E-Man wrote:

if its anything like other yahoo fantasy leagues, then if a GM drops a player, they hit waivers. any other GM can attempt to pick him up. the waiver period is 2 days (i think). after the 2 days, the GM with the highest waiver priority will recieve the player (if the GM has chosen to claim the player from waivers).

once the GM recieves the player from waivers, their waiver priority moves to last and everyone else gets bumped up.

right on E-Man
so it looks like those who drafted high are low on waiver priority
T.S. Eliot

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:58 am
JOEL wrote:
E-Man wrote:

right on E-Man

except for the fact that i drafted low and yet i still have a low waiver priority :dontknow:

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:03 am
E-Man wrote:
JOEL wrote:
E-Man wrote:

right on E-Man

except for the fact that i drafted low and yet i still have a low waiver priority :dontknow:

yeah i saw that ....whats up with that....have been living right?
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:04 pm
I have no idea what's up with that. I think the default settings are where the first pick(JOEL) gets first priority off of waivers. I guess it's due to the fact that because our league is huge, that once JOEL picks, he doesn't pick for another 26 picks. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:13 pm
yeah i almost think a 3 through 8 first pick may be better than a first pick with the wait for the second pick being so long
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:32 am
JOEL wrote:yeah i almost think a 3 through 8 first pick may be better than a first pick with the wait for the second pick being so long

Yeah you say that now... But wait til Adrian Peterson puts 2000 yards on the season and like 20 touchdowns. You won't want those scrub names that were available 3 thru 8.

Return to Fantasy League Forum