brett farve

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:45 pm
in 2006 at LSU he tossed for over 3000 yards for like about 30 td's and about a rating of around 180.

that is something all can hype behind...he makes it this year with a strong running game and next year or this year via trade we get him a receiver and it could be all good.

not to mention he is a young big boy he can take a sack or two....
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:47 pm
Yeah, that's what I meant. He's hype and nothing else. I'll reserve my judgment on him for 3-4 years.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:56 pm
well we will see a little bit friday night baby
opening game preseason damn i hope the warm up my seat and stick a cold beer in the holder before i get there :mrgreen:
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:04 pm
Brett Farve is such a p*ssy. As if crying like that as he retired wasn't bad enough, now he has to go and change his mind. What a little biyach...
I hope they trade him to the Vikings.... honestly I could care less.
Most of all, I wish the whole media frenzy around it would just go away.

:roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:07 pm
Jackattack wrote:Brett Farve is such a p*ssy. As if crying like that as he retired wasn't bad enough, now he has to go and change his mind. What a little biyach...
I hope they trade him to the Vikings.... honestly I could care less.
Most of all, I wish the whole media frenzy around it would just go away.

:roll:

I AGREE if baseball wasn't sooo boring the media could talk about baseball and we wouldnt have to have bret on espn , fox, sports , cnn ,
good morning america , ect,ect,ect
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:13 pm
I hope he goes to the Texans. Then, he could get majorly ass-raped by everybody in the AFC South. :mrgreen:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:14 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I hope he goes to the Texans. Then, he could get majorly ass-raped by everybody in the AFC South. :mrgreen:

he'd feel like he was back home... :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:29 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I hope he goes to the Texans. Then, he could get majorly ass-raped by everybody in the AFC South. :mrgreen:

Booo!!!!! c'mon sfx3, Farve wants to play. Guy acts like a kid because he is one... its been the joke throughout his career. And thats why farve rules. he LOVES the game. this guy is the ultimate backyard footballer, who just doesnt want to miss any opportunity to play. He played 252 (i actually dont know the exact amount) straight games, not because he was going for records, because he loves the game, and wants to absorb as much of it as possible. yeah its his fault that he brought the circus in town, but u can never blame a guy for wanting to do something he is better them most people in the world at. he will never be the best at anything else for the rest of his life again.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:36 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

Booo!!!!! c'mon sfx3, Farve wants to play. Guy acts like a kid because he is one... its been the joke throughout his career. And thats why farve rules. he LOVES the game. this guy is the ultimate backyard footballer, who just doesnt want to miss any opportunity to play. He played 252 (i actually dont know the exact amount) straight games, not because he was going for records, because he loves the game, and wants to absorb as much of it as possible. yeah its his fault that he brought the circus in town, but u can never blame a guy for wanting to do something he is better them most people in the world at. he will never be the best at anything else for the rest of his life again.

He is a good player. Sure. Good, but nothing more. He makes more mistakes than almost ANY other QB in the league. He makes good plays, but, at this point in his career, he is a joke.

He is an attention whore that, at this point, is more well known for his yearly retirement than his good play, just like how Bonds will be more for steroids than his records. It is a fact. Watch. When he finally retires for good, which could be a million years from now, he will be even more of a joke than he is now. Hell, even people in Green Bay dont want him. That is a sign. They need to part ways.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:20 pm
FAVRE to JETSSSSSSSSSSSS

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:33 pm
FAVRE to JETSSSSSSSSSSSS

This is the worst possible destination for him to go. He should have forced his way to another NFC team or stayed in GB. Now hes going to a Jets team whose in a loaded AFC where they wont even make the playoffs!!!

I see Indy, NE, SD, Jax, Pitt, as locks to make the playoffs leaving that last spot to a team like Cinci, Baltimore, Tennessee, Cleveland or Denver. Favre is going to wish he stayed retired once the season gets started.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:41 pm
am glad he went there... that team has a phenominal offensive line. DeBrickshaw Fergeson was that draft pick a couple years back, and this year they got some good pieces (Alan Fanaca and Damian Woody)

they were huge spenders, and basically needed to end the Chad "the Bad" Pennington experiment, which they did by getting Farve
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:57 pm
Keep him out of the NFC... nice. We wont have to deal with the jerk.

Who did the Jets trade for him? Couple draft picks?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:21 pm
Not even. Just one pick. And it's a 4th rounder. Sheesh, if I thought you would only have to give up a 4th rounder for him, then any team in need of a QB should have offered that.

The Jets aren't a bad destination. He's got Coles, Crotchery, and Thomas. They signed Faneca to boost the OL. Still, I think he would have a better chance for a title in Tampa. He has a bunch of AFC teams to go through.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:24 pm
xbay wrote:Not even. Just one pick. And it's a 4th rounder. Sheesh, if I thought you would only have to give up a 4th rounder for him, then any team in need of a QB should have offered that.

The Jets aren't a bad destination. He's got Coles, Crotchery, and Thomas. They signed Faneca to boost the OL. Still, I think he would have a better chance for a title in Tampa. He has a bunch of AFC teams to go through.

gotta read more xbay.... its a 4th round now! if he gets 50% snaps, then it is a 3rd round. If he gets 70% snaps and makes playoffs, then its a 2nd round. 80% snaps and superbowl appearance (not necessarly winning it) then its a 1st round pick.

Source: sportscenter just now... they quoted NFL Network
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board