Who is looking like they will be traded

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:03 am
Anfernee Hardaway was very smart and his passing was great. That has also gone and that is his fault for not wanting to still be one of the best

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:43 am
Penny DOES still want to be the best, let me assure you! Nothing would have made him happier in Phoenix than to show Orlando that he still had it! But his court vision wont do him any good if he can't get to the right place to dish the pass in time. Athletic ability has a lot to do with the games of NBA players.

Like I said earlier, LJ had to change his game from a high-flying bulldozing showman to a blue-collar, Charles Oakley sort of "rebound first, score later" kind of player. Likewise, injuries forced Ron Harper from averaging 23 ppg as a ROOKIE to become a defensive stop with a crisp outside touch. Penny's game relied SO heavily on his athletic ability (high flying dunks, mid-air dishes, quick breakaway hands that always did the right thing, ect) that robbing him of his quickness and explosiveness took his game away. I'm sure if Penny's in the right situation, he can still playmake, but his mobility isn't the same, so it's harder to create from scratch.

Some people don't realize how many aspects of the game are athletically related. Not just the high flying dunks, but the quick stop-and-pop jump shot over the defender needs legs/ankles to get up there. Spin moves and other mobile means of getting past your defender rely on the cooperation of your body. Even something as simple as rebounding requires legs and a good back. Small aspects of the game can disappear when an injury occurs.

But I'm sure he'd love to make a Grant Hill-style comeback for one year and just show people that he's still got it. Wanting to be the best doesn't die after 25 years of living it.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:01 pm
Get all the money sure makes guys sit back and not try as hard.

Stockton was a passer who relied on smarts and not athleticism to do his thing. I just believe Anfernee Hardaway never wanted to be a star anymore and was just content on getting the money

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:51 pm
Eh, I dunno about that. Penny had several articles published in SLAM, NBA Insider, and all sorts of other magazines predicting a comeback after his leg healed up while he was on the Magic. He seemed angry that others were quick to write him off. If Penny wasn't trying anymore, he sure hides it well.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Trades