Random Babble

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:33 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
bada wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Woohoo! I got unbanned from the 49ers.com message board! I did have to erase my Captain_Jack account over there, but he still lives on on this board!

Nice! What did you do to get banned in the first place?

I was being a smart ass. The first time I got banned was because everyone kept making the same threads over and over and over again ("Alex Smith Sucks" which was always followed by "Alex Smith Hasn't Had A Chance" followed by "Fire Nolan" and followed by "Nolan is the greatest!"...you get the picture). Anyway I got tired of it so whenever someone posted a new thread I posted this picture or something similar

Or if I didn't feel like getting a picture I wrote "Matteo es dios" or "Manny Lawson es un ninja"...or something equally ridiculous.

Then I got reinstated and got banned the second time for going in the Dallas Maverick's thread with this other Warriors fan and posting the top 20 reasons why the Mavs suck.

So pretty much I was annoying, but I still maintain those people deserved it for making those stupid threads. And the Mavs do suck!

Jesus................that is pathetic!!!..............what tight ass bastards.

Man, maybe I should join that board.............see how long it takes them to takle exception to my posts. :wink:

You'd be gone in 5 minutes.

But you do have to remember that the shear volume on that board is HUGE compared to here. So the number of times I posted that picture or something similar was probably in the hundreds....it was pretty irritating.

Probably as irritating as the hundreds of threads you HAD to post it in huh? :wink:
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:35 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
bada wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Woohoo! I got unbanned from the 49ers.com message board! I did have to erase my Captain_Jack account over there, but he still lives on on this board!

Nice! What did you do to get banned in the first place?

I was being a smart ass. The first time I got banned was because everyone kept making the same threads over and over and over again ("Alex Smith Sucks" which was always followed by "Alex Smith Hasn't Had A Chance" followed by "Fire Nolan" and followed by "Nolan is the greatest!"...you get the picture). Anyway I got tired of it so whenever someone posted a new thread I posted this picture or something similar

Or if I didn't feel like getting a picture I wrote "Matteo es dios" or "Manny Lawson es un ninja"...or something equally ridiculous.

Then I got reinstated and got banned the second time for going in the Dallas Maverick's thread with this other Warriors fan and posting the top 20 reasons why the Mavs suck.

So pretty much I was annoying, but I still maintain those people deserved it for making those stupid threads. And the Mavs do suck!

Jesus................that is pathetic!!!..............what tight ass bastards.

Man, maybe I should join that board.............see how long it takes them to takle exception to my posts. :wink:

You'd be gone in 5 minutes.

But you do have to remember that the shear volume on that board is HUGE compared to here. So the number of times I posted that picture or something similar was probably in the hundreds....it was pretty irritating.

Probably as irritating as the hundreds of threads you HAD to post it in huh? :wink:

Yep, but I was impeding the discussion of legit topics...even though they had already been discussed a billion times. I see their point of view, don't agree with it, but I understand it's hard to moderate a board of that size and sometimes it's just better to get rid of people before it becomes an issue.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:48 pm
does that board have an admin approval process? I think I tried to register awhile ago but I never got the confirmation email needed to activate your account. Figured because I had some sort of seahawk reference in my user name, they did not approve my registration.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:51 pm
bada wrote:does that board have an admin approval process? I think I tried to register awhile ago but I never got the confirmation email needed to activate your account. Figured because I had some sort of seahawk reference in my user name, they did not approve my registration.

They do have to be approved, but you should have gotten an e-mail immediately. Did you use an excite e-mail address? Those don't work for some reason.

They wouldn't have a problem with you being a Seahawks fan. The board is actually run by two Texans fans and we have lots of fans from other teams.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:56 pm
hmm. no, i used a yahoo email address. maybe I will try again
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:01 pm
bada wrote:hmm. no, i used a yahoo email address. maybe I will try again

You should. Hotmail and gmail work just fine. If you don't get an e-mail, let me know and I'll get you the admin e-mail so you can write to them and have them activate your account for you.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:15 pm
Damn, we need that approval process thing............imagine if each new member signing up could be looked at vetted for any obvious stuff like IP's, email addresses and obvious usernames that are old banned guys.

What would it take to get that going Bada?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:25 pm
bigstrads wrote:Damn, we need that approval process thing............imagine if each new member signing up could be looked at vetted for any obvious stuff like IP's, email addresses and obvious usernames that are old banned guys.

I'm not sure phpBB supports that...but it might be worth looking into.

Nevermind I just looked it up, it does support it.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:43 pm
Jack, you seem naked with no Matt Barnes. It doesnt even look like you anymore. :?
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:48 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Jack, you seem naked with no Matt Barnes. It doesnt even look like you anymore. :?

Sigh...I miss him already :(

I'll get a picture of him in his Suns jersey once the season starts.

I now have 666 posts...I'm leaving it here for a while.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:03 pm
bigstrads wrote:Damn, we need that approval process thing............imagine if each new member signing up could be looked at vetted for any obvious stuff like IP's, email addresses and obvious usernames that are old banned guys.

It is something we have discussed with hobbes and is currently being evaluated. it is strickly a setting that we turn on so implementation takes 5 seconds.

It is weighing the pros and cons as valid new users may have to wait hours if not a full day to get approved.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:25 pm
I wonder if most potential new members would figure a one day wait to be the norm,,, and not have a problem with the wait?
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:09 pm
Ex boyfriends suck.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:15 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:Ex boyfriends suck.

WTF? :mrgreen:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:21 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Ex boyfriends suck.

WTF? :mrgreen:

It's the Random Babble thread and my ex boyfriend is being lame. He doesn't seem to understand that I don't want to date him anymore and he keeps bringing it up and making it drag on and on for months and months. I'm so tired of having the same damn conversation when he asks why I don't like him anymore :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum