Want post moves inside for Golden State?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:03 pm
I think your point is addressing players like Shawn Bradley who, no matter what they try, can't improve their game. While I'll admit that a minority of players out there fall into this category, I'd have to disagree if you're trying to place Ike Diogu in it as well. He shows unlimited potential to grow and improve. However, that's just my opinion. Who knows. Maybe Ike will enter the league and exit it with the same level of game he always had. But I doubt it.

Wow Wow Wow, I am as big of a Ike fan as anyone, and I never said that he wouldnt improve, I was just talking in general

I was actually disagreeing with the point that Zack Randolf could help Diogu to improve alot. I was just pointing out that a player can improve is he has solid coaching and doesnt need a player day in and out working on his skills to learn them, he can get that from tapes/coaches during practices.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:12 pm
Oh, okay, I understand now.

In that case, I still don't know if I'd agree. I think that having a player to teach you is far more valuable than having a coach or trainer (unless you're playing for Houston and you have Patrick Ewing as an assistant coach). Bringing in somebody that Ike could watch, emmulate, ask questions to, and learn from would be more bennificial (in my opinion) to his development, rather than simply improving with a coach. While I agree he will improve with a coach alone, I don't think he'll improve as much or as fast.

Speaking of assistant coaches like Patrick Ewing tutoring Yao on Houston, how kick ass would it be for the Warriors to hire Nate Thurmond to come in for a season or two and teach the Warrior big men a thing or two about inside scoring! We got Mario Elie on the bench for the guards to learn defense... why not go get the best we had and see if he'll pass on the skills to a younger generation? That would be too choice...

Sorry about the false accusation regarding Ike's ability to improve. I didn't understand what you were saying.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:27 am
Diogu just needs to get the ball a fair bit when he is on the court in order to really utilise his skills. The fact that he scored 37 points in the second half of that summer league game is amazing! He and Taft might be the sort of players who are used to getting the ball in their hands in order to be effective instead of playing off the ball.

If either, most probable Diogu, can establish a nice inside game where they get double teamed a little, that would make it that much easier for shooters like Baron, Fishman, JRich, Pietrus, Zarko and Dunleavy!!!!

BE GREAT!!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:03 am
Yeah, migya, I hella agree. Rotating the ball through the hands of Davis, Richardson, Diogu, Murphy, Fisher, Pietrus, Zarko, and even Mike Dunleavy would be the best option for the Warriors. Diogu will play during regular minutes, but I don't see Taft getting much time unless it's the 4th quarter. And Ellis is just gonna have to wait his turn. On a team with Baron Davis and Derek Fisher, you got two great guys to learn from... but, at the same time, two great guys who are gonna get more minutes than you. I look forward to seeing him play, but it may not happen much on TV.

Integrating a post threat like Diogu will be something like Amare Stoudamire for The Suns: it opens up the long range ball for every player on the team. While Diogu's not QUITE on the same level as Amare, the same effect may be possible: if Diogu does well and starts drawing a lot of double teams, the rest of the Warriors line-up (Murphy, Dunleavy, Richardson, Davis, Fisher, Pietrus) can knock down the three.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:10 pm
I've read that Diogu is slow running up and down the court. This will not work to his advantage for getting minutes, especially if the Warriors decide to run and gun sort of like how Phoenix did last season. Hopefully the coach can see how important it is to try and establish a low post game and that Diogu is the best one on the team to do it!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:26 pm
Well, nothing's worse than Adonal Foyle's footwork up and down the floor. He may still fit in the Warriors small line-up. Either way, I'm sure he'll get minutes. He's the only real post threat the Warriors have. They'll learn to exploit it; there team shoots too well from the arc to just ignore it.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:55 pm
Maybe we already have the post player that you are looking for. He is just in the bench with an injury. Let Diogu play first, who knows maybe he can replace Murph as the starting Power forward. If not, maybe he can play along side him as the small forward replacing the "much liked" Dunleavy.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:39 pm
Well, my hope is that Murphy moves to center and we play Diogu at the 4 spot... if Chris Taft is playing well as our SECOND round pick, I can only imagine how good Diogu will be.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:11 am
Be great but Taft may have just been a steal. The Warriors having some sort of inside game, if only just a little bit, would open things up so much for the rest of the guys

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:25 am
Taft and Diogu in the lineup together (Ike playing 4, Chris at center) would be a great inside lineup for years to come. What a great change-up that would be against teams not expecting the Warriors to ever post inside!

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:12 pm
I don't think Murphy is a good fit in the Center Spot. He is too soft for that spot.

If Diogu and Taft plays well, then we should try and get atleast a good backup Center, or even a future pick for him.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:24 pm
DJ wrote:I don't think Murphy is a good fit in the Center Spot. He is too soft for that spot.

If Diogu and Taft plays well, then we should try and get atleast a good backup Center, or even a future pick for him.

If we trade him, it won't be for a backup.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:39 pm
Really would be great if Diogu and taft pan out great and sooner rather than later. I still like Biedrins but who cares as long as the Warriros have someone who plays well inside.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:26 am
Again, with the trading of Troy Murphy... he's a better player than Taft, Ike, or Biedrins are. Why deal him away to experiment with more potential?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:05 am
#32 wrote:Again, with the trading of Troy Murphy... he's a better player than Taft, Ike, or Biedrins are. Why deal him away to experiment with more potential?

Yeah, he's better than them, no doubt. That's why the only possible trade is for a better player than him, not to experiment with potential.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades