3 WAY DEAL IN THE WORKS???

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:53 pm
I wouldn't get your hopes up. This trade has about as much of a chance of going through as Mista not creating a new trade topic in a month. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:55 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I wouldn't get your hopes up. This trade has about as much of a chance of going through as Mista not creating a new trade topic in a month. :wink:

not so much a new topic....just a new thread about the same topic :wink:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:58 pm
uhhh... all minesota has to do is give up rashad??? that doesnt make any sense..... and atlanta has to give up josh AND a 1st? i dont get the trade....
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:21 pm
8th ave wrote:uhhh... all minesota has to do is give up rashad??? that doesnt make any sense..... and atlanta has to give up josh AND a 1st? i dont get the trade....

Cap posted a link to a minny forum that was talking about the same trade only it had minny giving mccants and picks while atl only gave up smith. i think it actually makes more sense...

atl gets: harrington and minny's first rounder
minny gets: wright and belinelli
warriors get: josh smith and mccants
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:53 pm
everytime i see a thread like this i get more and more excited.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:40 pm
Well, I can understand getting rid of Al and Belinelli. I know we've been trying to get rid of Al's bloated contract. And with Azubuike returning, it seems the front office has no faith in Belinelli being their backup man at the 2 guard.

If this trade happens, I'd wet my pants. I like Wright, but he's still unproven. Getting Smith would be sick.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:47 pm
xbay wrote:If this trade happens, I'd wet my pants. I like Wright, but he's still unproven. Getting Smith would be sick.

yeah...and having a second unit of marcus williams, buike, mccants, randolph, and turiaf is pretty sick too.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:54 pm
E-Man wrote:
xbay wrote:If this trade happens, I'd wet my pants. I like Wright, but he's still unproven. Getting Smith would be sick.

yeah...and having a second unit of marcus williams, buike, mccants, randolph, and turiaf is pretty sick too.

yeah, our lineup would be a Beast. Hella Young and hella good. Big iff though... odds still happens real minimal.

hope luxury tax aaint a issue holding upI think management in general (not just our team, but the NBA as a whole) cant worry about luxury taxes, cuz you will make up for loss revenue if the talent is there and the show is good. IF YOU BUILD IT, HE WILL COME!
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:04 pm
If this goes thru....

Monta
Maggs
Jackson
Smith
Biedrins

?

Holy shiet

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:07 pm
yeah well in order for atl to trade smith, it would have to be a sign n trade, so if they traded him at a $11 million/year salary average then itd be like harrington's 9-10 million plus belli and wright's 5 million combined. we absorb smiths 11 and mccants' 2-3 for a total of 14 while letting go of harrington's 9 and wright and belli combined 5 for a total of 14.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:07 pm
d1mex wrote:If this goes thru....

Monta
Maggs
Jackson
Smith
Biedrins

?

Holy shiet

i dont think anybody in the west can hang with that line up, shiet even the lakers would he hella tired trying to keep up by the end of the first half.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:08 pm
E-Man wrote:yeah well in order for atl to trade smith, it would have to be a sign n trade, so if they traded him at a $11 million/year salary average then itd be like harrington's 9-10 million plus belli and wright's 5 million combined. we absorb smiths 11 and mccants' 2-3 for a total of 14 while letting go of harrington's 9 and wright and belli combined 5 for a total of 14.

Exactly, so there is no concern with luxury tax...........we would just sign a couple more minimum guys, and Cohan has his below luxury tax team, we have a full and bad ass roster.

Anyone think that we signed Morrow to let Marco go now? why else would we need Monta/S-Jax/Mags/Azu/Morrow and Marco?

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:11 pm
bigstrads wrote:
E-Man wrote:yeah well in order for atl to trade smith, it would have to be a sign n trade, so if they traded him at a $11 million/year salary average then itd be like harrington's 9-10 million plus belli and wright's 5 million combined. we absorb smiths 11 and mccants' 2-3 for a total of 14 while letting go of harrington's 9 and wright and belli combined 5 for a total of 14.

Exactly, so there is no concern with luxury tax...........we would just sign a couple more minimum guys, and Cohan has his below luxury tax team, we have a full and bad ass roster.

Anyone think that we signed Morrow to let Marco go now? why else would we need Monta/S-Jax/Mags/Azu/Morrow and Marco?

i dont know if we did it specifically to let marco go...but it does make him expendable. i think we signed morrow cuz he showed this summer that he deserves a chance and we didnt want any other team to benefit from it if he turns out good. but like i said, it made marco expendable, especially as a trading piece/filler.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:13 pm
mista240sx wrote:
d1mex wrote:If this goes thru....

Monta
Maggs
Jackson
Smith
Biedrins

?

Holy shiet

i dont think anybody in the west can hang with that line up, shiet even the lakers would he hella tired trying to keep up by the end of the first half.

Not to mention Marcus, Turiaf, Randolph, Hendrix, Azu, Morrow, and CJ?

Not a bad bench either.

But unless Stein or ESPN/SI report it then I don't think it will happen. Newspapers always put these things in.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:15 pm
bigstrads wrote:

Even without Smith, i like the direction the club is taking... like i dont wanna get the hopes up, but Smith would be phenominal... and with that said, here is what Mullin will say if he pulls the trade off:

I would like to take the time and thank Baron Davis. Without you, and opting out, none of this would have been possible. thanks again, enjoy your hometowns D-League team.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades