Okafor supposedly on the block

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:14 pm
Should the Warriors try to offer Biedrins for him?

C Okafor
PF Ronny
SF Wright
SG SJax
PG Monta

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:18 pm
lakerfool wrote:Should the Warriors try to offer Biedrins for him?

C Okafor
PF Ronny
SF Wright
SG SJax
PG Monta

no. okafor is way too injury proned to offer biedrins. a sign n trade for harrington would be ideal...fat chance the bobcats go for that tho. then again, it is MJ. im sure larry brown will do anything to keep okafor tho.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:20 pm
beans has an inch on ok
ok has 10 lbs on beans
ave pnts very close
beans 3 years younger than ok

stick with beans
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:24 pm
Okafor is completely one-dimentional. All he does is block shots and rebound. Andris can dribble, run, even pass. Andris is the perfect center for this team. Okafor is the perfect center for the Pistons.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:29 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Okafor is completely one-dimentional. All he does is block shots and rebound. Andris can dribble, run, even pass. Andris is the perfect center for this team. Okafor is the perfect center for the Pistons.

good take sf3...but perfect would be beans with 25 more lbs :mrgreen:
and a ten footer
T.S. Eliot
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:37 pm
okafor and beans would be great playing side by side but the hard part is who are we gonna give up? al + picks or brandon wright.

ellis
jax
mags
okafor
biedrins
Clifford Rozier rememer him?

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:42 pm
well if beans is gonna bolt to europe, which according to "marcus" sombody on the the Contra Costa times, i'd then take okafor. But if biedrens is gonna stay here, we dont need Okafor at all... and keeping harrington and b-wright
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:12 pm
240sx man... I love the Signature! cracked me up!

now to sf

I don't know man, Andris can dribble? I don't know about that. Anthony Randolph is the closest thing to a big man with handles (I'm not sold on his summer league performance). Running I definitely agree with, but thats because he weighs less than most other starting centers.
Passing? you probably think hes a good passer because he doesn't have the skill to create his own shot.

let's wake up and smell the coffee hear people. Andris isn't that good... yet. I consider KG a GREAT rebounder okay?! AB gets high board numbers because he's the only one on our team that consistently bothers to go for the rebound (in a general sense). good for him in doing that, but we were the one of the worst rebounding teams in the league last year, and I think if you put him on an average team (in that stat) he'd sink to the number 2 or number 3 board man on the roster.
Opposing teams LOVE it when the ball is in his hands. he's got a bad mid-range jumper, virtually no post up moves, and, yeah, have you ever seen this guy take a free throw? I mean that schit is uglier than Rosie O'donnell's upper lip hair. He gets points mainly off of offensive rebounds or when he is left open because his man is double teaming some one else; or occasionally when they give him so much room it's almost embarrassing if he doesn't make them pay.

OK enough hate-orade sippin' lets look at his bright points:
-The guy is skinny but he DOES FINISH. I mean the kid had the #1 FG% in the league last year. he does go up strong when he gets an opportunity.
-good shot selection - basically he knows his role and doesn't stray from it. that is very honorable.
-He's healthy and young.
-He's got heart. its not in your face like KG or Wallace or someone like that, but its there. Fans like him because they see a young 21 year old trying to improve EVERY GAME.
-He has good O' board instincts - thats a trait not many look at cause you can't mark it down in a stat book, but he does a good job of timing his jump/predicting where the ball will go (still not aggressive or powerful enough to be labeled a great rebounder though).

on to Okafor
Theres something to be said for anybody who avg's a double double. I have seen some of his ridiculous blocks, and I think we are never going to be a dominant power in the west until we have some one to D up the Shaqs and Duncans of the world. He's flat out better than AB right now and he's not to old so I think he'd be a great addition. Ideally I'd like to keep both AB and get him (duh) but if it ends up being a switcheroo I'd still say hell yeah.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:59 pm
warrior 4 life85 wrote:now to sf

I don't know man, Andris can dribble? I don't know about that. Anthony Randolph is the closest thing to a big man with handles (I'm not sold on his summer league performance). Running I definitely agree with, but thats because he weighs less than most other starting centers.
Passing? you probably think hes a good passer because he doesn't have the skill to create his own shot.

Numerous times last year, he would get a rebound and run it all the way downcourt. There is no other center in the league other than Amare that can do this. This is what I mean by dribbling. Obviously, he isnt about to bust out a crossover (which would be pretty funny), but any center that can run downcourt with the ball in his hands is a good dribbler.

And again, regarding his passing, I saw plays run through him where Baron would toss it into Biedrins in the paint. Jackson would set a screen for Monta who would cut and Biedrins would dish it to him. Again, he isnt about to bust dimes over and over again, but he is a good passing big man, from what I have seen.

Okafor would not be able to do either. The extent of Okafor's game is defense and layups and dunks in the paint. Biedrins is much more of a running player (not to mention younger) which would be perfect for this team.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:12 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
warrior 4 life85 wrote:now to sf

Numerous times last year, he would get a rebound and run it all the way downcourt. There is no other center in the league other than Amare that can do this. This is what I mean by dribbling. Obviously, he isnt about to bust out a crossover (which would be pretty funny), but any center that can run downcourt with the ball in his hands is a good dribbler.

And again, regarding his passing, I saw plays run through him where Baron would toss it into Biedrins in the paint. Jackson would set a screen for Monta who would cut and Biedrins would dish it to him. Again, he isnt about to bust dimes over and over again, but he is a good passing big man, from what I have seen.

Okafor would not be able to do either. The extent of Okafor's game is defense and layups and dunks in the paint. Biedrins is much more of a running player (not to mention younger) which would be perfect for this team.

good take on beans he does bring the ball up and its normal looking...but to say OK couldnt pass is a streach....how do you know if those plays were drawn up for him he couldn't make those type of passes
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:43 pm
develop biedrins to be 3 points shooter ..babe... :headbang: :headbang:

:drinking:

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:17 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Okafor is completely one-dimentional. All he does is block shots and rebound. Andris can dribble, run, even pass. Andris is the perfect center for this team. Okafor is the perfect center for the Pistons.

okafor is the perfect center for larry brown...which is why theyll keep him. i wonder what hes gonna do with jrich and gWall. 2 players of a talent that brown hasnt really worked with.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:33 pm
garnet dribbles the ball up the floor occasionally too... he's not a good dribbler either.

Andris gets the ball at the top of the three point line on a regular basis. when have you ever seen him really put the ball on the floor? he always just swings it, or at best dribbles close to a guard and waits to hand it off to them.

AB never puts the ball on the floor when theirs a chance it could get stolen (i.e. someones guarding him) that doesn't make him a good ball handler, it makes him a smart ball handler, and the two terms are mutually exclusive.

and btw teams back off him cause they want him to shoot (or they stick a crappy defender on him) which opens up the passing lanes.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:17 am
warrior 4 life85 wrote:garnet dribbles the ball up the floor occasionally too... he's not a good dribbler either.

Andris gets the ball at the top of the three point line on a regular basis. when have you ever seen him really put the ball on the floor? he always just swings it, or at best dribbles close to a guard and waits to hand it off to them.

AB never puts the ball on the floor when theirs a chance it could get stolen (i.e. someones guarding him) that doesn't make him a good ball handler, it makes him a smart ball handler, and the two terms are mutually exclusive.

and btw teams back off him cause they want him to shoot (or they stick a crappy defender on him) which opens up the passing lanes.

actually ive seen him take advantage of the room they give him a couple times and break the zone a couple times during this past season and last season. he doesnt do it a lot, but he has taken a couple dribbles to the hoop to slam it or lay it in. definitely not his go-to move...but its not like we need him to do that with all the slasher we have on the team.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:57 am
I've seen garnet do that a couple times too...

I guess its just difference in what we consider good.

I would consider Dirk and Duncan good tall handlers.

Dirk > Duncan >> Garnet > Andris

For me, just being tall doesn't warrant a salary that big. freethrows, dribbling, etc. I just expect much more.

If I'm gonna buy a million dollar prostitute, I'm gonna expect her to be good at everything. perfect 10, thats just how I think - your welcome to disagree. like I said, it's a difference of opinion.
Last edited by first off on Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Next

Return to Trades