Why I dont like baseball

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:54 pm
Its boring # 1 with no excitement. It's to damn slow and the games are to long. The game has changed from 20 years ago there are not as many good athletes in the game. Steroid abuse was out of control and the players who used and abused roids are still in the league making a mockery of it. Tainted records like barry bonds. In short baseball sucks to me and I would never watch such boring crap.

these are just my views dont take it personal

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:53 pm
haha i used to be a ticket holder for the A's three years...during the bash brother days...canseco rickey hernderson dave henderson lansford weis gaego big mac and terry steiny..not to meinton the great pitching staff...
went to two world serries dogders A's and giants A's
then the team broke up and it got hella boring....

to me...its slow , it lasts way to long...and NOBODY GETS HIT
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:57 pm
ok

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:16 pm
i don't like baseball..
but maybe if i know how it works..
then maybe i can appreciate it better LOL
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:49 am
personally... golf is the most boring sport out there... followed by tennis( both in terms of watching it on T.V.). But to play those sports is a different story... when you're actually the one involved it's actually fun... also with soccer and baseball. Of the three main sports in the U.S. Football. Basketball, and Baseball... which of the three have the least exposure with the draft? Steroids has been the story of baseball for years... football no so much... basketball just the whole gambling issue with that ref donaghy.
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:59 am
Baseball was the first sport I was taught and loved. While I no longer I play, I still enjoy going to a batting cage or throwing a ball around.

I agree that baseball is tough to watch on TV. The game focuses only on pitcher, catcher, batter, and then where the ball is hit. I don't feel there is a whole lot that can be done about this. If so, MLB/networks would have already done it.

However, seeing a game in person still excites me. I'm not just talking MLB either. I watch my cousin play Little League and sometimes check out a high school game. Seeing all the moving parts in play allows for a greater appreciation of the sport.

With that being said, if I didn't grow up playing it, I probably would not have found it on my own. Baseball is not a sport you can just pick up and learn/play by yourself.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:17 am
It is boring on TV, and the season is too long. But on the upside, I like how I can check out for awhile and then check back in, and there is still some season left. I usually don't start to get interested until September.

I grew up a Cardinals fan which made it easy to love baseball. I got to watch Lou Brock break the all time base stealing record at Busch stadium, only to see Henderson destroy it years later. Now I get to watch two teams that also have a great history in the A's and Giants.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:44 pm
ya i think you have to grow up playing baseball, and rooting for a team. it'd be hard to get into it if you were introduced to it as an elder.

i grew up playing the game, so i understand all the details and nuances of the game. baseball is perhaps the hardest sport to play. i dont play anymore but like someone else mentioned i still love to go to the cages or toss the ball around like good old times!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:16 pm
i have a friend that says soccer shouldnt be a sport when i find it harder than basketball physically and his favorite sport is baseball where you can go pro and be overweight. wtf!?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:01 am
j3kk wrote:i have a friend that says soccer shouldnt be a sport when i find it harder than basketball physically and his favorite sport is baseball where you can go pro and be overweight. wtf!?
where if you're overweight you are destined to be a first baseman or if your lucky to be in the AL the you will be DH... wtf kind of bullshit is that hahahah. I know here in the U.S. soccer isn't big at all, but i give soccer players respect, that takes endurance and stamina right there, non stop running on a big ass field. Football you get time after every play, basketball you constantly have the game stopped for fouls and so on, baseball you only move when the ball is hit or in play
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:31 pm
Yeah i hate it when people say X sport should be a sport but Y cant.... As an avid athlete who loves Every Sport I have seen (because they all are truly amazing in each their own ways), i am disappointed in those sayings are simply said by ignorance. I've heard all the things from soccer not being a sport because its not popular in the USA, to golf and tennis because they are individual. Football has be accused of being a mosh pit, rather then a game, and basketball is a collaboration of a certain skill of shoot a ball, the blessing of height and large hands. Baseball not a sport cuz its boring.

It is an endless debate and a dumb one. They are all sports, and if you do not like a particular sport, that's fine, then simply ignore it. Dont be blurting all your ignorant claims for simply not liking it on your own. Appreciate others differences.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:46 am
put a bet on a baseball game, then see how boring it is. That's what makes football so popular.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:43 pm
heres why i love baseball... articles like this one... obviously, its missing some great and odd moments, but still good. Its of this past season (2008)

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/s ... id=3801716
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:50 pm
I love baseball every October that somebody hands the Yankees their ass.

I hate MLB baseball every offseason that the Yankees :evil: sign every big name free agent.

I love baseball when you see a freak like Lincecum make grown men look like children.

I hate baseball whenever ESPN is on and all I here about is the Yankees/Red Sox series that is still months away. :banghead:

I love baseball whenever I watch the Warriors now. :cry:

Happy New Year!

Return to Sports Board