*Something* At Its Finest...........Josh Childress

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


All Star
Posts: 2320
» Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:47 pm
ok, so, following your logic, it seems that whenever the guy gets signed to any nba team it's greed?
there's no, i repeat, No reason to believe nba is best league, basketball wise, in the world.
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 755
» Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:48 pm
Everyone that has come out of Stanford to the NBA has never been better than average. Stanford may be good in the NCAA, but transitioning players into the NBA is not their forte. A lot of soft players come out of Stanford. Childress will be the first one to prove my point that anyone from Stanford is only low to average NBA caliber and can do better in another league. Keep anyone from Stanford away from the Warriors.

We'll see if the Lopez twins prove me wrong. I actually like these guys (and they're the first players I've ever liked out of Stanford), but only time will tell.

Moderator
Posts: 5355
» Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:19 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:Everyone that has come out of Stanford to the NBA has never been better than average. Stanford may be good in the NCAA, but transitioning players into the NBA is not their forte. A lot of soft players come out of Stanford. Childress will be the first one to prove my point that anyone from Stanford is only low to average NBA caliber and can do better in another league. Keep anyone from Stanford away from the Warriors.

We'll see if the Lopez twins prove me wrong. I actually like these guys (and they're the first players I've ever liked out of Stanford), but only time will tell.


what!Lemme name u some stars out of stanford: what about Casey Jacobson (keeping the benchs snuggly and warm, brevin knight (Mr. I just got traded again)... Or the collins twins ... those are some stars right there.... lol j/p.

yeah i hope the lopez twins change that tide. if robin lopez becomes more offensively sound, he will be a beast. cuz even though brook is better now, robin has the greater potential.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:41 pm
I think HANDS DOWN, Robin will be the better NBA player.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:53 pm
20 mill tax free(the club pays his taxes)

I know what I'd chose

All Star
Posts: 2320
» Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:33 pm
"The NBA has a deeply entrenched superstar system, built around those who score the most points. Despite what the League might tell you, the stars get the calls, the stars get the ball, and the stars get the marketing dollars. The stars can even get coaches fired. There are reasons for all of that. But the truth remains that, if it's just about winning basketball games, that star system, and an obsession with points, can be a burden. (A lot of "stat geek" work is really the quest to isolate what, beyond obvious stuff like points, really matters to winning.) Childress made clear that in his conversations with Olympiakos, and with other people knowledgeable about European basketball, he learned that the system was different in Europe. "I assumed that I'd have to go average 20, 22 points a game here," he explains. "But the Euroleague MVP most years averages like 12 points, five rebounds, and five assists. It's an award that the guy who actually helps his team win the most wins. ... My coaches here just want me to be versatile, and to play four positions, and to help the team win as many ways as I can." Some of that mentality wouldn't hurt the NBA any."

Moderator
Posts: 5355
» Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:59 am
martin wrote:"The NBA has a deeply entrenched superstar system, built around those who score the most points. Despite what the League might tell you, the stars get the calls, the stars get the ball, and the stars get the marketing dollars. The stars can even get coaches fired. There are reasons for all of that. But the truth remains that, if it's just about winning basketball games, that star system, and an obsession with points, can be a burden. (A lot of "stat geek" work is really the quest to isolate what, beyond obvious stuff like points, really matters to winning.) Childress made clear that in his conversations with Olympiakos, and with other people knowledgeable about European basketball, he learned that the system was different in Europe. "I assumed that I'd have to go average 20, 22 points a game here," he explains. "But the Euroleague MVP most years averages like 12 points, five rebounds, and five assists. It's an award that the guy who actually helps his team win the most wins. ... My coaches here just want me to be versatile, and to play four positions, and to help the team win as many ways as I can." Some of that mentality wouldn't hurt the NBA any."


who did u just quote there? henry abbot?
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:18 pm
Just found a picture of the gym that Josh Childress is playing his first game for Olympiakos in.

Bit of a difference to playing in an NBA area infront of 20k plus...............hope the money is worth playing in a joke of a place like that Josh!!!??? :roll:

Image

All Star
Posts: 3310
» Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:39 pm
looks like a high school gym. even PRACTICE FACILITIES in the NBA are bigger than that.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:09 pm
E-Man wrote:looks like a high school gym. even PRACTICE FACILITIES in the NBA are bigger than that.


My high school gym..............IN ENGLAND!!! not a hotbed of basketball, was better than that.

I love that HUGE scorers table and the make-shift garden furniture on the sidelines too, what a joke.
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 144
» Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:57 pm
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0rMe2Vyb9E[/youtube]
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:26 pm
boleyn wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0rMe2Vyb9E[/youtube]


Are they even watching the game?...............doesnt look like it, and certainly no cheering/recognition of whats happening on the court...........more like a soccer match.

That arena looks ok..............but the one I pictured doesnt.
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 144
» Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:02 pm
Yeah, I know. Just pointing out the differences. Hard to believe the game from your picture and this game is from the same league. If you're wondering, this is from The Olympic Indoor Hall i Athens.

I bet these Panathinaikos fans are the same fans that go the Panathinaikos football games, so that's why they sing "football songs". It makes a pretty intimidating atmosphere for the away team. That being said, I'm not a big fan of constant singing without paying attention to the game.

All Star
Posts: 2320
» Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:28 am
boleyn wrote:Yeah, I know. Just pointing out the differences. Hard to believe the game from your picture and this game is from the same league. If you're wondering, this is from The Olympic Indoor Hall i Athens.

I bet these Panathinaikos fans are the same fans that go the Panathinaikos football games, so that's why they sing "football songs". It makes a pretty intimidating atmosphere for the away team. That being said, I'm not a big fan of constant singing without paying attention to the game.


boleyn, are you norwegian?
i spent 4 months a year in norway, but i never saw anyone appreciating basketball, at least native norwegians
they all into football like hell :)
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 144
» Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:02 am
Yes, I'm norwegian. Football (soccer) is by far the biggest sport in Norway, and the norwegian basketball league (BLNO) sucks. But a lot of norwegians follow the NBA. When I was growing up in the 90s all the kids were collecting and trading basketball cards. And the games were broadcasted on norwegian television. That's how I got my interest for the sport, plus I have close family in San Francisco.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest