Random Babble

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:50 pm
I've been anticipating the movie since I heard it's date of release. Sh*t, you guys and gal, are making want to watch it now. I'd watch it tomorrow, but I'm living up to my child side and watching the 2-hour conclusion to the Avatar on Nickelodeon with some friends.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:16 pm
Someone needs to come up with new stuff to talk about, I'm so bored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:16 am
What football team are you a fan of, Cap?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:32 am
xbay wrote:What football team are you a fan of, Cap?

49ers for pro football and Cal and Florida for College.

But really it doesn't matter I could watch any two D1 or NFL teams play all day, I just love football.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:10 am
Captain_Jack wrote:

But really it doesn't matter I could watch any two D1 or NFL teams play all day, I just love football.

Atta Girl!!! Love it!

btw, talking about your passion for football as opposed to the crap NFL team you root for. :mrgreen:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:28 am
bada wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

Atta Girl!!! Love it!

btw, talking about your passion for football as opposed to the crap NFL team you root for. :mrgreen:

Ha ha figured as much :)

And yes I know my team is pathetic, but I'm stuck with them.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:07 am
Captain_Jack wrote:
bada wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

Atta Girl!!! Love it!

As you should! The bad times make the good times so much better. Take it from me from a long suffering Seahawk fan of 30 years! ALWAYS stick with your team.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:26 am
bada wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
bada wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

Atta Girl!!! Love it!

As you should! The bad times make the good times so much better. Take it from me from a long suffering Seahawk fan of 30 years! ALWAYS stick with your team.

Seahawks....ouch!

Exactly though, I really can't complain. There are no other teams in the NFL that have had success for the better part of two consecutive decades. You gotta take the good with the bad. Being on top of the league for all of the 80's (minus '82) and being consistently good throughout the '90's (minus '99) we were due for a few down years...can't be good forever!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:14 pm
exactly right captain. This is why I am enjoying this run the Seahawks are having so much. Even though no championship have come of it, it has been so much fun to know that they have a good chance to win any sunday. For much of the last 25 years, I was just hoping to keep the games competitive.

The NFC Championship game a few years ago was the greatest live sporting experience I have ever had. The stadium was so electric and filled with emotions. VERY intense. Had it not been 30 years of crap filled years before that, it still would have been cool, but not nearly the same atmosphere.

Things go in cycles and it wont be long before the Niners are back on top. Although I hope that day never comes!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:32 pm
bada wrote:exactly right captain. This is why I am enjoying this run the Seahawks are having so much. Even though no championship have come of it, it has been so much fun to know that they have a good chance to win any sunday. For much of the last 25 years, I was just hoping to keep the games competitive.

The NFC Championship game a few years ago was the greatest live sporting experience I have ever had. The stadium was so electric and filled with emotions. VERY intense. Had it not been 30 years of crap filled years before that, it still would have been cool, but not nearly the same atmosphere.

Things go in cycles and it wont be long before the Niners are back on top. Although I hope that day never comes!

Well and I can't wait for the day when the Seahawks stop winning the division by default :wink:

But really that stadium you guys have is unbelievable, loudest stadium I've ever been in...very similar to Oracle, the energy is just great!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:35 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
bada wrote:exactly right captain. This is why I am enjoying this run the Seahawks are having so much. Even though no championship have come of it, it has been so much fun to know that they have a good chance to win any sunday. For much of the last 25 years, I was just hoping to keep the games competitive.

Well and I can't wait for the day when the Seahawks stop winning the division by default :wink:

But really that stadium you guys have is unbelievable, loudest stadium I've ever been in...very similar to Oracle, the energy is just great!

Ah, you have been to Qwest? Oh yes, I think you said you went up for a Niner game if I remember correctly.

Yes, the stadium is amazingly loud. Beautiful stadium as well. Great place to watch a game. Man, this is making me jones BAD for my season tickets to get here. I think they ship in the next couple days!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:39 pm
bada wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

Ah, you have been to Qwest? Oh yes, I think you said you went up for a Niner game if I remember correctly.

Yes, the stadium is amazingly loud. Beautiful stadium as well. Great place to watch a game. Man, this is making me jones BAD for my season tickets to get here. I think they ship in the next couple days!!!

Yep, this year we're going to Dallas...well hopefully, damn airfare is so expensive.

I'm getting excited for football season. I'm trying to decide it I want to drive home this weekend and go watch training camp or not.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:57 pm
Sorry to get all serious and sh*t but I look at this thread and feel the need to moan Im affraid...............Im having a sh*t day..................week, month, year actually.

Dont know how you guys have put up with me in this time (Ive been unemployed on purpose for 9 months now, and Im getting real tired of not finding the opportunities I want, or missing out on them...........and now I have to more than likely go back to what I hate and left)
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:08 pm
and what is it that you hate and left?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:24 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:and what is it that you hate and left?

Financial/Customer services..........I was a complaints manager for American Express, as well as a people manager and coach on improving your customer service.

Dont really know how I got that far, as I was always so controversial and never did things the way they wanted.........I DID THEM THE RIGHT WAY!!!.........I was just lucky to have some smart people above me who saw that and promoted me.

I just cant face going back to that, even for just the fact that it would be that I have wasted this 9 months off, searching for a career I want for the first time, only to return to what I left.

Im going out tomorrow to find a job........as the money has run out now..........sigh.

I just dont want to work for a big company, have to be involved in a service that I dont believe in and just generally work in "that" kind of industry..............Ive found 3 jobs in this 9 months that I wanted to do, applied for 2 (the other was a conversation with there hiring manager that didnt work out as I simply didnt have the experience) got an interview for one and didnt get that.............because of lack of experience...........HOW DO I GET EXPERIENCE IF YOUR NOT WILLING TO GIVE ME A SHOT!!! :banghead:
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum