Josh Smith

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:00 pm
give AL+2009,2010 2nd rounder...no way i will give them 1st pick....i just has some feeling one day W's going to have player like MJ from the 1st round pick. :wink:

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:05 pm
GSW United wrote:give AL+2009,2010 2nd rounder...no way i will give them 1st pick....i just has some feeling one day W's going to have player like MJ from the 1st round pick. :wink:

are you kidding me, there is no way the hawks agree to this.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:11 pm
Al + Azubuike + First rounder...I'd do it. With Josh Smith on this team, we'd be so infused with young talent the first round pick would be rendered practically useless to us anyways.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:22 pm
Harrington, Marco/Buike, and a 1st and 2nd rounder.

If not, I'd entertain Brandan with Harrington for Josh Smith. Whatever, let’s get it done, already!

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:01 pm
im really pissed that we offered maggete that contract instead of smith. smith is shot blocking machine.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:45 pm
if we had offered Smith 50 mil over 5 years, Atlanta would've matched in a heartbeat
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:49 pm
Quazza wrote:if we had offered Smith 50 mil over 5 years, Atlanta would've matched in a heartbeat

They would not have even had a chance as Smith would have laughed in our face with that offer.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:48 pm
bada wrote:
Quazza wrote:if we had offered Smith 50 mil over 5 years, Atlanta would've matched in a heartbeat

They would not have even had a chance as Smith would have laughed in our face with that offer.

yeah...smiths contract would have to look something like 15 million a year at least.

btw, i am feelin your sig, bada...good sh*t :thumbleft:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:20 pm
bada wrote:

I realise this. I was responding to the earlier post of "im really pissed that we offered maggete that contract instead of smith"

but agreed. mate. For us to sign him, would've taken a huge offer
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:25 am
offering Smith a contract would have been retarded. By offering a restricted free agent a contract it ties up our cap space until the other team matches. If we did this another team could swoop in and offering monta or Beans a contract like the clips (before camby trade) or memphis. The hawks would most likely just match the offer and we would be stuck with having to match monta or beans an offer without having used all our cap space first on players like mags and turiaf because we wouldn't have enough time to sign anyone before we had to match the offers. Also, by not offering Smith a contract his negotiations with Atlanta have made him frustrated, making it more likely for a sign and trade scenario.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:52 am
i think we should trade wright while he still has value i see he is gonna be a solid player at best, as for smith well he is a star hands down.

harrington and wright for josh smith sign and trade.

ellis
jackson
mags
smith
biedrins
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:56 am
E-Man wrote:btw, i am feelin your sig, bada...good sh*t :thumbleft:

Thanks E-man. I have had Photoshop on my home computer for 2 years and have never even launched the application before. Yesterday I decided it was time to change that. I had no freakin clue at what I was doing but it was fun trying. Obviously I did not do anything fancy.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:29 am
mista240sx wrote:i think we should trade wright while he still has value i see he is gonna be a solid player at best, as for smith well he is a star hands down.

harrington and wright for josh smith sign and trade.

ellis
jackson
mags
smith
biedrins

Wright will only be a solid player at best but Marco is gonna be the next Ginoboli? We need actual games before we can make any predictions about them, summer league games do not count.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:08 pm
bada wrote:

Thanks E-man. I have had Photoshop on my home computer for 2 years and have never even launched the application before. Yesterday I decided it was time to change that. I had no freakin clue at what I was doing but it was fun trying. Obviously I did not do anything fancy.

Congrats Bada, nice first attempt my friend.............I was gonna ask who you got to do that for you? so thats a good sign. :wink:

Wheres Terry T gone?????? :shock:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:19 pm
bigstrads wrote:
bada wrote:

Congrats Bada, nice first attempt my friend.............I was gonna ask who you got to do that for you? so thats a good sign. :wink:

Wheres Terry T gone?????? :shock:

OH NO! WHERE is Terry???????? Gotta look at that when I get home!

Return to Trades