marcus camby a clip?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 4:55 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:36 am
Who's the most logical fit for J-Smoov now? Probably the Warriors, Atlanta is way to dysfunctional and no doubt Smith's agent is calling GSW right now.
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:32 am
So I just went to Golden State of Mind which I had never been to just to check it out and sfx3 has a completely different mentality and tone over there. he posts long well reasoned posts like he did when he first started over here. Posts that got all of us to respect him for a very bright young man.

But here he has turned completely negative and just BLASTING Mulling for putting this crap team together. A team that is fun but cant win.

But yet over there has this post:

I love Josh Smith, but not more than I love the team we have now, which would have to be gutted to accommodate a guy like him.


SF, I dont get it bro. I know you are still lurking around as I have seen you logged in (albeit hidden). I think a lot of us miss the "old" sf
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:39 am
bada wrote:So I just went to Golden State of Mind which I had never been to just to check it out and sfx3 has a completely different mentality and tone over there. he posts long well reasoned posts like he did when he first started over here. Posts that got all of us to respect him for a very bright young man.

But here he has turned completely negative and just BLASTING Mulling for putting this crap team together. A team that is fun but cant win.

But yet over there has this post:

I love Josh Smith, but not more than I love the team we have now, which would have to be gutted to accommodate a guy like him.


SF, I dont get it bro. I know you are still lurking around as I have seen you logged in (albeit hidden). I think a lot of us miss the "old" sf


I was thinking the same thing...........but didnt quite know how to say it without Sf taking it the wrong way..........which is another big difference in him from his joining to now.

Man, when he and I first hit it off on here, we were taking the complete p*ss out of each other, ribbing and making friendly insults at each other.........but it isnt like that anymore unfortunately.

Suppose he just wants a fresh start..........he has said to me on Xbox Live that he feels a little ganged up on, and cant win with whatever he posts these days........plus the annoying, pointless, knowledgeless new guys.

You know what, I was just looking at last years Annual Awards thread........man, the board was so different back then...........I miss it alot, it was so much more of a community then.

On a side note, I do hope people remember my dedication in staying up till 6am every night to watch my boys, in the "Best Fan" catagory. :wink:

Ps: Id never been to GSOM either..............it looks weird, and it seems as if not much actual conversation goes on, just barking thoughts at each other..........maybe I didnt look at it right though.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:41 am
yeah, if SF is happier there then that is great. I wish him nothing but the best and hope one day he returns here as the guy who was voted site rookie of the year. He is/was a great contributer here.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:23 pm
Sure is interesting how change works over time.

Nah, I love sf, it's just his constant blasting at Mullin pissed me off to the point where I had to say something. I welcome him back.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:29 pm
i think acquiring camby would of been really nice... everybody just try to stay with me. i know he's old, but the monster numbers (rebounds, blocks) he puts up doesnt give us any indications that he is on the decline. his scoring number are down, but i dont think we would've acquired him for the sake of fire power anyways... and i know im gonna get blasted for this, but if we wouldve gotten camby, that opens up the door to acquire billups for andris... it sounds nuts, but it does give us a better chance to win in the west... i know it's a risk, but not everything are suppose to "sure things."

if both of those trades would've went down, our lineup wouldve looked something like this..

chauncey spelled by c.j.
monta spelled by marco or maybe azubuike
maggette? stephen? spelled by anthony?
turiaf? spelled by brandan
camby spelled by turiaf



in the end, this didnt happen and we can all be a lil reluctant, because camby has never played a full season in the nba...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:42 pm
8th ave wrote:i think acquiring camby would of been really nice... everybody just try to stay with me. i know he's old, but the monster numbers (rebounds, blocks) he puts up doesnt give us any indications that he is on the decline. his scoring number are down, but i dont think we would've acquired him for the sake of fire power anyways... and i know im gonna get blasted for this, but if we wouldve gotten camby, that opens up the door to acquire billups for andris... it sounds nuts, but it does give us a better chance to win in the west... i know it's a risk, but not everything are suppose to "sure things."

if both of those trades would've went down, our lineup wouldve looked something like this..

chauncey spelled by c.j.
monta spelled by marco or maybe azubuike
maggette? stephen? spelled by anthony?
turiaf? spelled by brandan
camby spelled by turiaf



in the end, this didnt happen and we can all be a lil reluctant, because camby has never played a full season in the nba...


but you are forgetting that the Camby thing would have had to happen in place of Maggette. AFter signing Maggette, we did not have the room to absorb the contract of Camby and give Denver what they wanted.... salary cap relief. So it was either, not both.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:03 pm
bada wrote:
8th ave wrote:i think acquiring camby would of been really nice... everybody just try to stay with me. i know he's old, but the monster numbers (rebounds, blocks) he puts up doesnt give us any indications that he is on the decline. his scoring number are down, but i dont think we would've acquired him for the sake of fire power anyways... and i know im gonna get blasted for this, but if we wouldve gotten camby, that opens up the door to acquire billups for andris... it sounds nuts, but it does give us a better chance to win in the west... i know it's a risk, but not everything are suppose to "sure things."

if both of those trades would've went down, our lineup wouldve looked something like this..

chauncey spelled by c.j.
monta spelled by marco or maybe azubuike
maggette? stephen? spelled by anthony?
turiaf? spelled by brandan
camby spelled by turiaf



in the end, this didnt happen and we can all be a lil reluctant, because camby has never played a full season in the nba...


but you are forgetting that the Camby thing would have had to happen in place of Maggette. AFter signing Maggette, we did not have the room to absorb the contract of Camby and give Denver what they wanted.... salary cap relief. So it was either, not both.



ahhh.... touche
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:27 pm
Location: Dixon
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:18 pm
Happy to see Camby out of Denver. I feel it puts GS above them at this point. Camby was the only guy on that team who played any defense.

Happy for Baron too. Camby and BD, both of whom will probably spend their fair amount of time in street clothes, will be the solid 1-2 punch that propels the Clips to another high lottery pick.

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:40 pm
bada wrote:yeah, if SF is happier there then that is great. I wish him nothing but the best and hope one day he returns here as the guy who was voted site rookie of the year. He is/was a great contributer here.


hey bada, did he specifically say something about leaving or something, or is this simply speculation? i havent read anything about him leaving, just that he said something in another forum.

Oh and bigstrads, i went to the sight just now, and it looks like a mess. You come to appreciate what Hobbes did to make this site look smooth.

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:45 pm
yeah, the clippers will be irrelevent this year. the replacement of Magette and Brand with Bdiddy and Camby shows the team will have some improvement, but none do get them in the playoffs.

But with such a dumb trade (or maybe a better term "lopsided") in Denver's part. is it possible that Denver is not done? Maybe they are talking to Houston or Detroit about a possibility of swapping stars. because this might be a two part process, cuz if its not, then the nuggets will need to fire their GM for being an idiot.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:59 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:besides a simple second round pick, the clips also threw in a sign which reads "Worlds Dummest GM". Elgin Baylor thought the Nuggets might wanted to have it along with the second round pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3491156


Way to f*ck up again, Mullin. Of course, trading a second round pick for a former Defensive Player of the Year is not something Mullin wants to do.


dude, sf, you need to visit some sort of positivity seminar or something.

Or you just may need jesus in your life lol
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:22 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:besides a simple second round pick, the clips also threw in a sign which reads "Worlds Dummest GM". Elgin Baylor thought the Nuggets might wanted to have it along with the second round pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3491156


Way to f*ck up again, Mullin. Of course, trading a second round pick for a former Defensive Player of the Year is not something Mullin wants to do.


dude, sf, you need to visit some sort of positivity seminar or something.

Or you just may need jesus in your life lol


dont say that... he's gonna talk abotu how he's in christian school... haha
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:54 am
enough hating on sf! Come on guys!

anywho about this camby deal...

Bad fit for the warriors if you ask me; if we didn't have turiaf (btw we're supposed to get him officially get him today right?) then maybe. Look how long mutumbo has lasted. he's basically the same long lanky shoot-blocking center as camby, just 6 yrs in the future. we need to aquire some one who can sqwat on block and give us some post moves and help slow down the offense when necessary (like late in a game when we're up). I haven't paid close attention to who's out there but I know camby can't do that.

Sucks 4 Denver: camby was there defense. Now they r worse than us on that end of the floor. Could they b gunning 4 king James? my guess is no they're want to make another trade this off-season. Anyone who thinks this makes clips a playoff team now should b forced to write a thousand word essay on why that statement is completely wrong.

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:00 pm
bigstrads wrote:
bada wrote:Ps: Id never been to GSOM either..............it looks weird, and it seems as if not much actual conversation goes on, just barking thoughts at each other..........maybe I didnt look at it right though.


yeah thats pretty much all it is...its not really a message board like our community is. its more just a bunch of people blogging their thoughts about the warriors on a common website. so unorganized in that sense, which is why i stay here. i never really liked GSoM...although they are pretty well-known around the bay. i think if we could get together for some games with t-shirts of our own like some of us have planned to do this time last year, we could take over the warrior community as far as being known in the bay and at the oracle.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest