Josh Smith

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:17 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:50 am
We can work out a sign and trade with Atlanta, something like Smith and Claxton for Al, Brandon, and a 1st. We could also throw in a signed Buike or MArco. Or we can replace Al with Jackson but I think they would rather take Al's expiring.

I only am bringing this up cuz smith doesn't want to be in atlanta anymore
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:09 am
Ohhhh, thats a little bit too much for me..............I want Smith more than anything and with the fact he seems not happy in Atlanta, that is the biggest bargaining chip.

Im all for Al and picks but not none of our young guys.............even Azu.

Although, if pushed, Id be willing to throw Marco in there.

Im hoping that Mully is doing his old thing of not allowing any reports or info on a deal that is being made............please!!! [-o<
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:37 am
Location: fresno ca
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:16 pm
i would go al and azu just cuz i know atanta wont take al by himself its still would be fair for us becuse josh can play the 3 4 5 positions, for atlanta to pull the trigger we may have to give up a first rnd pick but
it would still be worth it in my book. this trade would give marco more playing time wich wouldnt at all be a bad thing as far as trading marco,
yeah that would just be highway robbery for the hawks.

rotation

ellis
jackson
mags
smith
biedrins

watson
marco
wright
randolph
turiaf
and so on....
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:22 pm
mista240sx wrote:i would go al and azu just cuz i know atanta wont take al by himself its still would be fair for us becuse josh can play the 3 4 5 positions, for atlanta to pull the trigger we may have to give up a first rnd pick but
it would still be worth it in my book. this trade would give marco more playing time wich wouldnt at all be a bad thing as far as trading marco,
yeah that would just be highway robbery for the hawks.

rotation

ellis
jackson
mags
smith
biedrins

watson
marco
wright
randolph
turiaf
and so on....


God dayum!!!...........me likey that lineup very muchey! [-o<
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:51 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:47 pm
We will not trade Wright or Marco, if we do, I will be very mad. I like Al & kelenna, or Al and a 1st
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:17 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:05 pm
I cant see Atlanta making the trade without getting back randolph or Wright. I personally like Randolph a lot more than Wright because hes the superior rebounder and I feel from what ive seen he has far more versatility. And giving up marco should be a no brainer to get Josh Smith.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:37 am
Location: fresno ca
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:21 pm
jimbob631 wrote:I cant see Atlanta making the trade without getting back randolph or Wright. I personally like Randolph a lot more than Wright because hes the superior rebounder and I feel from what ive seen he has far more versatility. And giving up marco should be a no brainer to get Josh Smith.


i disagree on marco he is gonna be our version of a ginobli he is an important piece to this team i would give azu before belli.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:17 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:47 pm
wat has given u the idea that hes gonna be our ginobli? Summer league doesn't mean ****.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1396
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:03 pm
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:44 pm
AL+AZU+Future 1st round pick for Josh Smith

I would do that trade without hesitating... I wouldn't even blink

mista240sx
ellis
jackson
mags
smith
biedrins

watson
marco
wright
randolph
turiaf
and so on....


Yea... im feelin that lineup...

bigstrads
Im hoping that Mully is doing his old thing of not allowing any reports or info on a deal that is being made............please!!!


you and me both

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:34 pm
SOme of you guys just seem to always dont wanna give up anything, but want the whole world in return. Like for names like josh smith, we might have to throw in a brandon wright and buike or a marco and a first pick (besides the assumption of trading harrington). Sacrafices are need, and trades are done, so both teams get better, not just the warriors.

I think many people are in good perspective, but a few need to look into a more macro (large scale) level.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:04 am
ajcardenas123 wrote:SOme of you guys just seem to always dont wanna give up anything, but want the whole world in return. Like for names like josh smith, we might have to throw in a brandon wright and buike or a marco and a first pick (besides the assumption of trading harrington). Sacrafices are need, and trades are done, so both teams get better, not just the warriors.

I think many people are in good perspective, but a few need to look into a more macro (large scale) level.


Man, there are always deals to be done when contracts are involved............what I mean is that players CAN and ARE had for not much in return, if the situation is right or wrong.

Ie: Smith clearly wants out of Atlanta, they clearly arent going to go real high for him with a free agent offer, there arent many/if any team that can offer big money now..........so with all those things in place, deals can be done for want away players, or when teams dont want them or there salary.

Gasol? KG? Baron (when we got him)? Camby? just few deals where one team got a hell of alot, and the other didnt.........all because of contracts and the player wanted out.

If there was no trouble, and we were still talking about it, then Id be saying we should give up more.

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:15 pm
bigstrads wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:SOme of you guys just seem to always dont wanna give up anything, but want the whole world in return. Like for names like josh smith, we might have to throw in a brandon wright and buike or a marco and a first pick (besides the assumption of trading harrington). Sacrafices are need, and trades are done, so both teams get better, not just the warriors.

I think many people are in good perspective, but a few need to look into a more macro (large scale) level.


Man, there are always deals to be done when contracts are involved............what I mean is that players CAN and ARE had for not much in return, if the situation is right or wrong.

Ie: Smith clearly wants out of Atlanta, they clearly arent going to go real high for him with a free agent offer, there arent many/if any team that can offer big money now..........so with all those things in place, deals can be done for want away players, or when teams dont want them or there salary.

Gasol? KG? Baron (when we got him)? Camby? just few deals where one team got a hell of alot, and the other didnt.........all because of contracts and the player wanted out.

If there was no trouble, and we were still talking about it, then Id be saying we should give up more.


well thats a good point bigs, and your right that this happens in certain instances. but that isnt always the case.

usually those type of trades are for players who we already know have hit there Max Potential. Thing is, when younger players leave, there still is no idea just how much better he can become. it is certainly possible Josh Smith half assed it while in the Hawks. and being only 22, he can still improve a lot. With that said, the Hawks probably know this (or not cuz their the hawks) and might be asking for a lot.

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:SOme of you guys just seem to always dont wanna give up anything, but want the whole world in return. Like for names like josh smith, we might have to throw in a brandon wright and buike or a marco and a first pick (besides the assumption of trading harrington). Sacrafices are need, and trades are done, so both teams get better, not just the warriors.

I think many people are in good perspective, but a few need to look into a more macro (large scale) level.



id throw marco and al at them in a heartbeat. im just not sold on marco. he can shoot and pass but thats it. he cant play D, not a good rebounder at his position, and doesnt seem like he is aggressive enough to handle the ball like a point guard would.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:28 pm
E-Man wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:SOme of you guys just seem to always dont wanna give up anything, but want the whole world in return. Like for names like josh smith, we might have to throw in a brandon wright and buike or a marco and a first pick (besides the assumption of trading harrington). Sacrafices are need, and trades are done, so both teams get better, not just the warriors.

I think many people are in good perspective, but a few need to look into a more macro (large scale) level.



id throw marco and al at them in a heartbeat. im just not sold on marco. he can shoot and pass but thats it. he cant play D, not a good rebounder at his position, and doesnt seem like he is aggressive enough to handle the ball like a point guard would.


yeah Marco is the most puzzling to decode. he plays phenominal in the summer league games, but must be doing something wrong for nellie to not be playing him... I would like to give him another year, im hoping he have a most improve player campaign lined up for him and being like our six man... that'll be sweet.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21382
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:19 am
Whatever offer Mullin gives out, if at all, he better be quick because other GMs would definately be talking alot with the Hawks right now.

I'd give Harrington, who the Hawks have had before and they didn't win much even with him being a very good player, and Marco. Mullin would have to sign another guard real quick and match the offer the Clips made for Azu to say the least
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest