marcus camby a clip?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:40 pm
besides a simple second round pick, the clips also threw in a sign which reads "Worlds Dummest GM". Elgin Baylor thought the Nuggets might wanted to have it along with the second round pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3491156
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:00 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:besides a simple second round pick, the clips also threw in a sign which reads "Worlds Dummest GM". Elgin Baylor thought the Nuggets might wanted to have it along with the second round pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3491156

Way to f*ck up again, Mullin. Of course, trading a second round pick for a former Defensive Player of the Year is not something Mullin wants to do.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:02 pm
Mullins fault?

Give me a break. The only reason this works is because itis a salray dump for the Nuggets and the Clip are a team with enough room to accomodate their wish.

Still, the Nuggets could've recieved a lot more than just a second rounder. Start with a 1st rounder and work from there.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:21 pm
Thunder wrote:Mullins fault?

Give me a break. The only reason this works is because itis a salray dump for the Nuggets and the Clip are a team with enough room to accomodate their wish.

Still, the Nuggets could've recieved a lot more than just a second rounder. Start with a 1st rounder and work from there.

Still, they could have dumped some salary to us but it doesnt even seem like we bothered to go out there and offer something. Mully is the one making choices. Sure it is Mully's fault.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:23 pm
We could still have squeezed Cambys contract in, hes only making about 8 mil this year..............suppose it just doesnt go with the rebuilding mode we are in. :roll:

What a f*cking dumb trade though.............even for a guy his age, even for a pure salary dump.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:27 pm
I love this trade. Well yes the Nuggets could of gotten way more, but the clippers wont be much better with a 34 year old and baron. yeah, they got some young pieces, but by the time these guys develop, baron might have another surgury or 2 and camby will be old.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:52 pm
Dude, sf, seriously? Who freaking cares about Camby? You want that old, injury prone center? I don't care that it's a salary dump, what's the use of having him.

Mullin doesn't need to make a big move every second of our lives.

I'll just stop before I say something I'll regret because I just hate how people keep dogging Mullin.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:14 pm
I love ya sf but you are becoming like david in how you seem SO focused on one issue. Almost every post now is a Mullin bash.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:26 pm
bada wrote:I love ya sf but you are becoming like david in how you seem SO focused on one issue. Almost every post now is a Mullin bash.

I personally do not care if anyone focuses of certain issues, as long as you have a decent argument to your opinion. And you dont repeat the same thing each and everytime.. If David wants to mention Nellie all the time, he should do as he pleases, but not repetitive stuff. Sfx3 wants to bash Mullin. Fine by me, but back it up, with different reasionings all the time.

BTW, this all star game wont end... it is getting to be a drag. Starting up the 12th inning!

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:40 pm
This knocks Denver out of the playoffs next year and they were no guarentee to make it even with camby as stacked as the west is.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:45 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
Thunder wrote:Mullins fault?

Still, they could have dumped some salary to us but it doesnt even seem like we bothered to go out there and offer something. Mully is the one making choices. Sure it is Mully's fault.

sooo...the CLIPPERS make a transaction with the NUGGETS and it's MULLIN'S fault for not making the same transaction even though it likely wouldnt have worked out for us financially? I GET IT NOW!!! :roll:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:09 pm
Yeah... and why would Denver want to trade with the team that almost knocked them out of their playoff position? :?

Also, Camby is waaay too injury prone. You really wanna eat up your cap space for someone who can't even play an entire season? I'd rather have Biedrins, who is young and has a future.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:34 pm
xbay wrote:Dude, sf, seriously? Who freaking cares about Camby? You want that old, injury prone center? I don't care that it's a salary dump, what's the use of having him.

I'll just stop before I say something I'll regret because I just hate how people keep dogging Mullin.

Ahh I guess that explains this post from 3xsf on Goldenstateofmind.com.

On Camby.
Warriors should have gone after him.

First time poster. I have been on other sites for a while, but some drama pushed me away. I am hoping that this site is better. I have heard some good things.

As for the topic, I wish the Warriors would have gone after him. I think that he would have made a huge impact on the Warriors. This may even send them to the playoffs. A former Defensive Player of the Year for a second round pick? Man, we made a mistake not going after him.
by sfsfsfgiants on Jul 15, 2008 7:11 PM PDT

3xsf you have always been a smart & cool Warrior fan/dude on this board (And even more props considering your age)

But it seem's you have flashed more lately, like your Bad Brother has taken over your blog :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:05 am
O.G. Broe wrote:
xbay wrote:Dude, sf, seriously? Who freaking cares about Camby? You want that old, injury prone center? I don't care that it's a salary dump, what's the use of having him.

Ahh I guess that explains this post from 3xsf on Goldenstateofmind.com.

On Camby.
Warriors should have gone after him.

First time poster. I have been on other sites for a while, but some drama pushed me away. I am hoping that this site is better. I have heard some good things.

As for the topic, I wish the Warriors would have gone after him. I think that he would have made a huge impact on the Warriors. This may even send them to the playoffs. A former Defensive Player of the Year for a second round pick? Man, we made a mistake not going after him.
by sfsfsfgiants on Jul 15, 2008 7:11 PM PDT

3xsf you have always been a smart & cool Warrior fan/dude on this board (And even more props considering your age)

But it seem's you have flashed more lately, like your Bad Brother has taken over your blog :mrgreen:

Wow...........good spot Broe..........weird to see that.

So Sf has gone?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:48 am
Camby would help our defense, but what we really need is youth not 35 year old centers.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Next

Return to NBA Forum