Tim Donaghy calls Official Scott Foster 134 times?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Moderator
Posts: 5311
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:51 pm
So you guys hearing this story Scott Foster 134 times (most calls being about 2 minutes) right before or after games that either or both the men officiated on. Wow this is simply more fuel to the fire.

What intrigues me more, is that who was biggest name besides donaghy under suspision until today? DICK BAVETTA. now who did Scott Foster referee both Game 1 and game 5 of the NBA finals with? DICK BAVETTA.

If this is another thread i apologize but this i would think would be the best forum to discuss this with

Moderator
Posts: 5311
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:53 pm
oh and here is the link to the story

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8344 ... -100-times

Rookie
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:14 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:15 pm
Its very obvious the nba is corrupt and fixed and thats why i dont take it serious as far as the outcome goes. I enjoy just the players on certain teams that play the game right. Understand david Stern is a lawyer and will slicktalk his way out of any situation regardless what it is. I mean not only is the nba a real shitty league expect for a few teams like the warriors, suns and the others teams that actually score but its also fixed.

**** it i will still watch it cause I just enjoy the high scoring games.

fuk the spurs style of ball
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:12 pm
world b free fan wrote:**** it i will still watch it cause I just enjoy the high scoring games.

fuk the spurs style of ball


Obviously, high scoring teams are not the ones that win. It is the Spurs style of game. Would you rather win watching a boring team or lose watching a fun team? No question, I would rather win.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:19 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
world b free fan wrote:**** it i will still watch it cause I just enjoy the high scoring games.

fuk the spurs style of ball


Obviously, high scoring teams are not the ones that win. It is the Spurs style of game. Would you rather win watching a boring team or lose watching a fun team? No question, I would rather win.


Yeah, I dont get this "boring" stuff............I mean its great that we play all crazy and wild, its entertaining...........but mostly because we have no idea what the outcome of a game is going to be, and a lead can be got or lost within a matter of minutes.

Exciting stuff yes but winning and ultimately satisfying..........no.

As long as we are not talking about mass/league wide slug fests.........then why not have a few Spurs type teams around? hell, theres only a handful that play like that............and funnily enough, the Spurs, a hard nosed slow Detroit, and defensive minded Celtics recently.........have all done some pretty EXCITING things recently, like win championships.

One more thing, I actually enjoy watching a team like the Spurs, as it is calculated and precise basketball.........technically sound, with disciplined players who know exactly what to do and what is expected of them.

Dare I say, this is how the game should be played?..........or maybe the entire NBA should just play street ball style, have a 40 second shot clock so guys can spend 10 seconds showing of handles, make a dunk worth 5 points and scrap all fouls...........how exciting would it be then? :roll:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:38 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote: Would you rather win watching a boring team or lose watching a fun team? No question, I would rather win.


This is an interesting question and I am a bit on the fence but I think I would learn towards watching a fun team. I literally can not watch most of Eastern Conference basketball. I will not watch the SPurs play unless they are playing the Warriors.

To me Basketball is a very beautiful and graceful game... when played the right way.

In the years right before Magic and Bird came into the league, the league became a heavy slow down, isolation type game... No movement... just clear out and go one on one. The sport was dying.... attendance was down, ratings were down and not a lot of interest in the sport.

In came Magic and Bird who helped show a different way to play the game. They made passing a cherished commodity. The success they had on the court with making their teammates better ushered in a new era of the game. The game evolved and changed. Fans took notice and the game EXPLODED in popularity. The Showtime lakers played truly a beautiful game of basketball. The sport itself was just a thing of art to watch (even if the athletes were not as explosive as they are today).

In the last 5-10 years, the games has devolved in some respects back to that mauling, slow, and isolation type game and for me personally, I have lost a ton of my passion for the game. I LOVE the Warriors and that wont change... but now I wont typically watch a nationally televised regular season game between two random teams. I like watching the Suns play and a few others but that is about it.

I used to watch any game I could. No longer.

I feel fortunate that the team I root for plays an uptempo style game... they are not the old lakers but they do still entertain. It would be really hard for me to be a fan of a team like the Utah Jazz from a few years ago with Malone and Stockton. My god that was the most boring team I have ever seen. They had a lot of success but every freaking time down the court it was a high pick and roll and 3 other players just standing there. That is NOT basketball to me and I refuse to watch it.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM

Moderator
Posts: 5311
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:29 pm
bada wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote: Would you rather win watching a boring team or lose watching a fun team? No question, I would rather win.


This is an interesting question and I am a bit on the fence but I think I would learn towards watching a fun team. I literally can not watch most of Eastern Conference basketball. I will not watch the SPurs play unless they are playing the Warriors.

To me Basketball is a very beautiful and graceful game... when played the right way.

In the years right before Magic and Bird came into the league, the league became a heavy slow down, isolation type game... No movement... just clear out and go one on one. The sport was dying.... attendance was down, ratings were down and not a lot of interest in the sport.

In came Magic and Bird who helped show a different way to play the game. They made passing a cherished commodity. The success they had on the court with making their teammates better ushered in a new era of the game. The game evolved and changed. Fans took notice and the game EXPLODED in popularity. The Showtime lakers played truly a beautiful game of basketball. The sport itself was just a thing of art to watch (even if the athletes were not as explosive as they are today).

In the last 5-10 years, the games has devolved in some respects back to that mauling, slow, and isolation type game and for me personally, I have lost a ton of my passion for the game. I LOVE the Warriors and that wont change... but now I wont typically watch a nationally televised regular season game between two random teams. I like watching the Suns play and a few others but that is about it.

I used to watch any game I could. No longer.

I feel fortunate that the team I root for plays an uptempo style game... they are not the old lakers but they do still entertain. It would be really hard for me to be a fan of a team like the Utah Jazz from a few years ago with Malone and Stockton. My god that was the most boring team I have ever seen. They had a lot of success but every freaking time down the court it was a high pick and roll and 3 other players just standing there. That is NOT basketball to me and I refuse to watch it.


nicely said bada... i think this is partly if not mostly correlated with the NBA of selling its product based on individual players rather then teams themselves. This me me me image has distroyed they game at the professional level, and even leave it vulnerable to poor refereeing...

im the same way in regards to watching the pros. unless the warriors are playing, or its the playoffs, im not watching anymore. But the passion for the sport is still there. The college game is still amazing.

Rookie
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:14 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:28 pm
If bigstrads had it his way the games would be 50 to 52 and they would play with shoulder pads and helmets. Sorry but the Lakers were twice better than any Spurs team with duncan on there and they were a prolific scoring team. To me if your a boring person you enjoy boring basketball. Maybe millitary geeks can enjoy popovich's drill instructor style of ball.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:38 pm
world b free fan wrote:Maybe millitary geeks can enjoy popovich's drill instructor style of ball.


Do you know who else likes Pop's style of basketball? People who like to win, because Pop has done it over and over again. He developed his players, got them to do his style, and has done it well. That is how we should get it done.

I do not see how you can say that you would rather have a fun team that can't make the playoffs, as the Warriors are, or a boring team that gets there every year, like Detroit or San Antonio.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

Rookie
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:14 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:08 am
Thats funny because poppovich is a true to life scumbag to me. He teaches a dirty style of play which is basicly cheating. You know the old cheat as much as you can as much as you can get away with. I dont respect his style of play or the players that have played for him.

Right now as it stands the system is in place where low scoring hackfests are the norm and if you try and run, score and be creative you get resentment from idiot casual fans. I watch a couple hundred games every year so there is no way in hell I am gonna watch a full Spurs or Pistons season unless I want to hang myself. Someone needs to take pop and slam his head to the ground and see how he likes his style of play.

The goal is win but if you have to cheat like the spurs then screw that. The Spurs didnt invent the game of basketball with their style but they did help ruin the league. When I play basketball I dont cheat and if someone played against me like the Spurs play I would slam that person to the ground. The Lakers , celtics, sixers and rockets proved you can fastbreak, score a lot and still win in the 80's without cheating. Like I said people like you would rather watch horrible 53 to 51 games and win a title instead of enjoying the game.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:06 am
world b free fan wrote:If bigstrads had it his way the games would be 50 to 52 and they would play with shoulder pads and helmets. Sorry but the Lakers were twice better than any Spurs team with duncan on there and they were a prolific scoring team. To me if your a boring person you enjoy boring basketball. Maybe millitary geeks can enjoy popovich's drill instructor style of ball.


Read what I said again, maybe I need to put jazzy pictures and sparkly lights in there to excite you huh?..........I didnt say I wanted "it" any way.............I was simply saying that of course you are going to have differing styles, there always has been and there always will be.

I cannot stand to watch a single other NBA teams game, even the wild crazy ones like us.............it just bores me, as I dont care about them, I only watch highlights of those teams, and maybe a game that something special or crazy has happend (but even then I will fast forward to the interesting bits)..........all I care about is my team, and after all these years of losing, I now care about winning and doing what it takes to do so.

Dont try and label me up like Im some "boring person" for being able to see good qualities in teams that arent a bunch of chuckers and turnover machines ...........I didnt try and label you up like your some Jean Claude Van Damme sh*tty action movie watcher........although you probably are.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:27 am
Why do I feel that quotes like these...

world b free fan wrote:Thats funny because poppovich is a true to life scumbag to me. He teaches a dirty style of play which is basicly cheating..........I dont respect his style of play or the players that have played for him.


Contradict quotes like these???

world b free fan wrote:Someone needs to take pop and slam his head to the ground and see how he likes his style of play...........When I play basketball I dont cheat and if someone played against me like the Spurs play I would slam that person to the ground.
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:04 am
world b free fan wrote:Thats funny because poppovich is a true to life scumbag to me. He teaches a dirty style of play which is basicly cheating. You know the old cheat as much as you can as much as you can get away with. I dont respect his style of play or the players that have played for him.

Right now as it stands the system is in place where low scoring hackfests are the norm and if you try and run, score and be creative you get resentment from idiot casual fans. I watch a couple hundred games every year so there is no way in hell I am gonna watch a full Spurs or Pistons season unless I want to hang myself. Someone needs to take pop and slam his head to the ground and see how he likes his style of play.

The goal is win but if you have to cheat like the spurs then screw that. The Spurs didnt invent the game of basketball with their style but they did help ruin the league. When I play basketball I dont cheat and if someone played against me like the Spurs play I would slam that person to the ground. The Lakers , celtics, sixers and rockets proved you can fastbreak, score a lot and still win in the 80's without cheating. Like I said people like you would rather watch horrible 53 to 51 games and win a title instead of enjoying the game.


You are missing the point. I dont care about Pop. He may be a jerk. To me, you can be as big of an ass as you want, as long as you get the job done. That was why T.O. and Bonds didnt bother me when they were in the Bay. They were jerks, but they backed it up, just like Pop has done. You are obviously so far in your ways that it is pointless to argue it. However, you can stay with your fun team and not make the playoffs every year. I will be watching the team that is winning. Simple as that. And basketball, like all sports, is not for FUN at a professional level. It is a buisiness and your only priority is to win. The Warriors have done sh*t at that, while the Spurs do it every year.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:13 am
I understand your point sf about winning vs style. I get it. And I genuinely feel like that with other sports... for some reason with the NBA it is different.

Maybe it is growing up during the best era of the league and watching a beautiful brand of basketball night in and night out. Or maybe it is the 13 years of watching the Warriors play completely passionless basketball that makes me enjoy watching a team that plays hard, plays fast and uptempo.

I will probably crave more very soon, but the past two seasons have been VERY gratifying for me as a Warriors fan.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM

Rookie
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:14 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:18 am
bigstrads wrote:
world b free fan wrote:If bigstrads had it his way the games would be 50 to 52 and they would play with shoulder pads and helmets. Sorry but the Lakers were twice better than any Spurs team with duncan on there and they were a prolific scoring team. To me if your a boring person you enjoy boring basketball. Maybe millitary geeks can enjoy popovich's drill instructor style of ball.


Read what I said again, maybe I need to put jazzy pictures and sparkly lights in there to excite you huh?..........I didnt say I wanted "it" any way.............I was simply saying that of course you are going to have differing styles, there always has been and there always will be.

I cannot stand to watch a single other NBA teams game, even the wild crazy ones like us.............it just bores me, as I dont care about them, I only watch highlights of those teams, and maybe a game that something special or crazy has happend (but even then I will fast forward to the interesting bits)..........all I care about is my team, and after all these years of losing, I now care about winning and doing what it takes to do so.

Dont try and label me up like Im some "boring person" for being able to see good qualities in teams that arent a bunch of chuckers and turnover machines ...........I didnt try and label you up like your some Jean Claude Van Damme sh*tty action movie watcher........although you probably are.


No but maybe you need to put pictures of the army and a drill instructor to excite yourself. I didnt say you were boring so lets not get paranoid. I said boring people like boring basketball. If you felt the need to insert your name in there thats on you.

Differing styles? There was never such low scoring boring terrible to watch basketball back in the 80's and early 90's.
Next

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests