T.O. suspended...

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:58 am
ajcardenas123 wrote:
christy wrote:i think he should fire drew 'next question' rosenhaus.
yeah couldnt agree more. I've always hate that guy and the style he has ( though i hate to admit he is good at what he does).However I think for the TO situation he really let him down for making his client feel like the king of the world, which in the end will make TO a cheaper reciever to have.

Rosenhaus is not the problem. He does what he needs to do for his clients, but, as NFL contracts are not guaranteed (well, in a way they are, with the signing bonus, but still...) he just adapts to the system. If he thinks a holdout or any other measure will help his client, he'll do it. It's not a big deal.

And TO was feeling like the king of the world before signing Rosenhaus...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:24 am
Rosenhaus seems to be the guy who's filling TO's head with all this garbage. Come on, he was never THIS bad on the 49ers. A few TD celebrations, a couple cracks on Jeff Garcia (not on his QBing... he just spoke his mind! He thought he was gay!), but that was it! On the Eagles, he's created total anarchy for the team! It is destruction in it's purest form of team faith and concentration. And it all seems to stem from obnoxious, self-centered, cockiness. And, honestly, he was NEVER this bad until Rosenhaus came along...

Did you hear a reporter try and ask Rosenhaus yesterday a question saying: "Yes, yes, sir... um, what have you done for Terrell besides getting him kicked off the team?"

!!! Rosenhaus quickly called for "next question", but you can clearly see TO in the background cracking a smile and trying his hardest not to laugh. It seems like Owens is in agreement with the fan. Rosenhaus has been a plague to him ever since he hired him. Even though the speech seemed unrehearsed and pre-made for TO, it seemed to me that Owens looked genuinely sorry... and I think he would have expressed that in the media himself if he wasn't so sure that they'd slam him again (like they always do, lets be fair). Anything he says goes under a microscope and gets disected. It seemed to me that Owens wanted to speak to the fans and address their questions, but his honesty with the situation would have gotten him in hotter water. My suggestion? Drop Rosenhaus and get yourself a real agent. He's brought you nothing but more greed, grief, and less green, TO.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:42 am
If that's the case, TO would be stupid to keep Rosenhaus, which I don't think he is. He was quiet last year because he had to prove something after the way he left the niners, and he did. Now it's just TO being TO. I don't think it's Rosenhaus fault.

If it is, what the heck does he expect to get?. It'd be nonsense. No player or agent can benefit from a situation like this...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:10 am
Well, they've hit rock bottom. This is the worst case scenario for Rosenhaus. But think of before it got to this: he was holding TO up for more money in Philly, he was fueling the controversy around his client (making him more and more popular... appearing on numerous TV shows, radio shows, and even starring in the NFL 2K series video game!). TO became a household name under Rosenhaus. Problem is, it was for all the wrong reasons. Owens is getting booted and Rosenhaus has created such a bad guy image for him, he's worried he may not be able to find a long-term job. But I have no doubt Rosenhaus is partially (if not totally) responsible for this.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:39 pm
Have you guys ever read Goethe's Faust? The whole thing is like that, with Rosenhaus being Mephistopheles and TO being Faust.

TO made a deal with the devil (Rosenhaus) to get what he always wanted -- huge popularity. He thought he was bigger than the team and sport and now he is paying for it. Fortunately for us, and unfortunately for TO, I doubt there is going to be any last-minute redemption/salvation for TO. He is screwed.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:48 pm
Good analogy.

But, maybe, there's a chance for redemption. Not with the Eagles, as TO has burned all his bridges, but maybe with other team. IF he just plays his best and has his mouth shut, which obviously won't happen. Case closed.

I'll be happy as long as he stays away from the Bucs (but I've got a bad feeling about this...)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:12 pm
I'm betting the Seahawks make a move for him... they were so desperate, they went for Jerry Rice last season. They need a WR and Owens is one of the best in the business... recently put on the market, too!

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:09 pm
eagles are struggling, they shouldn't have booted him for the year..but i'm a 9er, i ain't complaining! :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:21 pm
I don't know, Darrell Jackson's been playing good enough til the injury, and Jurevicius is a good target for the end zone. They also seem to be high in DJ Hackett and have Warrick & Engram in the fold, too.

And, above all, Holmgrem has had enough head cases with Koren Robinson. He swore to have high character guys since them. Doesn't look like the best situation for TO.

I said that about the Bucs because Gruden has done it before, with Michael Pittman, Me-Shawn, McCardell, Garner, etc... And if he doesn't win (and win big) next season (this one he's pretty safe, no matter what happens from now on), he'll be looking for a new employer...
Previous

Return to Sports Board