Le Bron....

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:58 pm
what u guys thought about leBron status in the future....
New Jersey Nets are starting to 'THROW AWAY' some heavy contract players and they aiming Lebron in 2010.....but i do think they not the only one...i will say at least 20 teams will put some interest on him...he is the hottest player in the world if he opt out his contract next year.....

W's can get him only Baron and AL leave (both make about 27 million) next year....
hard to say...still too early... :wink:
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:42 pm
GSW United wrote:what u guys thought about leBron status in the future....
New Jersey Nets are starting to 'THROW AWAY' some heavy contract players and they aiming Lebron in 2010.....but i do think they not the only one...i will say at least 20 teams will put some interest on him...he is the hottest player in the world if he opt out his contract next year.....

W's can get him only Baron and AL leave (both make about 27 million) next year....

At this point I think we actually could go after LeBron in 2010. We'll have some 22ish mill commited to Monta and Andris likely, Another 6 or so for Brandan and Marco. Add in another 6-7 or so for rookies this year and next. Al and Jack will recently have come off.

This puts us at something like mid-high 30s committed. If we were to not sign anyone else for the next two years for long contracts we could definitely be able to offer LeBron the max but are we willing to be crap for two years because of it and is he likely to want to go to us rather than NYK /NJN?

As you said, a lot of teams will try. I think we could but I hope we don't set up for this since I doubt we'll end up with him.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:15 pm
cladden wrote:
GSW United wrote:what u guys thought about leBron status in the future....

At this point I think we actually could go after LeBron in 2010. We'll have some 22ish mill commited to Monta and Andris likely, Another 6 or so for Brandan and Marco. Add in another 6-7 or so for rookies this year and next. Al and Jack will recently have come off.

This puts us at something like mid-high 30s committed. If we were to not sign anyone else for the next two years for long contracts we could definitely be able to offer LeBron the max but are we willing to be crap for two years because of it and is he likely to want to go to us rather than NYK /NJN?

As you said, a lot of teams will try. I think we could but I hope we don't set up for this since I doubt we'll end up with him.

I think Wade is more realistic, if at all...
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:33 pm
I highly doubt lebron leaves Cleveland, his "hometown" here is why:

Cleveland will offer him a huge, fair long term contract, cuz they arent stupid. And no matter if the Nets or Knicks or dubz for that matter offer him a little bit more money, he won't take it because he already has more money than his grandkids will ever be able to spend. Plus he has already been in the position to compete for a championship, so unless cleveland gets significantly worst in the JV league hes not going anywhere.
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:50 pm
true he has more money than he needs....however he goes to NY and the marketing factor kicks in...he could pull down jordon type of marketing money...it may not be the contract money that draws him ....he is tight with jayze and the marketing money is calling him to NY
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:40 pm
JOEL wrote:true he has more money than he needs....however he goes to NY and the marketing factor kicks in...he could pull down jordon type of marketing money...it may not be the contract money that draws him ....he is tight with jayze and the marketing money is calling him to NY

I am sure he's already pulling Jordan marketing money. I think just being in New York might be enticing to him though. He seems to like the spotlight and Cleveland has made terrible front office moves and been totally unable to build a decent supporting cast around him. Not saying the Knicks or the Nets necessarily will be better but the Cavs are crap. They have no other good players than him. Noone. Joe Smith and Zydrunas are serviceable but not very good. I don't think there are more than 3-4 other teams in the league with a worse second option than the Cavs. After looking at New York's payroll I don't understand how they can be in the running though.

They have 45.5 mill tied up in Randolph, Curry, Crawford and Jeffries. These guys all have player options that they'll take or guaranteed contracts. Add another couple young guns like Balkman, Lee, Robinson, Mardy and Chandler that they'll likely keep plus future picks they won't even be under the cap by the time LeBron is a free agent, let alone be able to offer him max money. Maybe they can sign and trade some of these people for him if they add some picks but I sort of don't see that as the best sign and trade Cleveland will be able to make and I doubt the Cavs will be looking to do LeBron any favors if he's taking off. I don't think the Knicks have a chance.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:42 am
We aren't getting him, if anyone else besides cleveland gets him, it will be the nets.
I like pie

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:37 am
rebel wrote:We aren't getting him, if anyone else besides cleveland gets him, it will be the nets.

Why would he want to become a Net? Anyway I would laugh so hard if he were to become a Clippers :roll: :mrgreen:

LeBron and the LA Clippers VS Kobe and the LA Lakers :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :D :roll:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:52 am
Lakersfan98 wrote:Why would he want to become a Net?

He is good friends with Jay-Z and, from what I have heard, the Nets are moving back up to New York City which would create a big stage for him to play on.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:59 am
Holy ****, New Jersey is movin to New York even after all though playoff apperances. I'd hate to be a nets fan if they are moving.
I'm a warriors fan, how do you think I feel

Return to Trades