Warriors talk becomes NFL debate

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:46 am
JOEL wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Come on, now. Neither the Niners nor the Raiders have the best tailgating fans. That has to be the Chiefs, Bills, or Packers.
They stand below freezing temps every day, yet still come to support their teams

none of the pics support that it is cold at all :mrgreen: but i get your point

Both Chiefs by the way.

well i have been to all three of those stadiums for raiders games ( they let me in without a high school diploma or a g.e.d. guess my english was good enough to fool them)....

and the packers are by far the most loyal die hard fans of the three.....
the funny thing about the examples you posted ...they are all three in the middle of nowhere..nothing to do towns....big differnce than from being a bay area fan where the region offers choices of entertainment.

sf have you ever been to a raiders game in oakland
have you ever talked to any of the fans at a game
or are you just going by hearsay media hype and what you have
come across out side of the actual raiders sunday tailgate experience?

knowing how smart you are i would think you would want factuall understanding in helping your form your way of thinking.

I have, and I have talked to a bunch of them. I know how Raider fans are.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:12 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:According to sports-central.org:

BEST FANS (loyalty):

1. Packers
2. Steelers
3. Broncos
4. Chiefs
5. Bears
(Honorable mentions: Browns, Cowboys, Titans.)

BEST FANS (attitude):

1. Bills
2. Chiefs
3. 49ers

4. Buccaneers
5. Rams
(Honorable mentions: Colts, Jets, Titans.)

WORST FANS (loyalty):

27. Chargers
28. Seahawks
29. Bengals
30. Cardinals
31. Falcons
(Dishonorable mentions: Eagles, Lions, Patriots.)

WORST FANS (attitude):

27. Vikings
28. Dolphins
29. Bears
30. Eagles
31. Raiders
(Dishonorable mentions: Cowboys, Patriots, Steelers.)

Also, check out http://www.bizjournals.com/specials/pages/35.html.

Pawno, many Raider fans are uneducated and rude, and hurt society more than they help it. I know you will say that all Niner fans are Stanford-like people that think they know it all. I would rather have fans that are educated and SPEAK ENGLISH than a bunch of random illegal Mexicans that yell at people in Spanish and wear costumes to make themselves seem significant in the world, when, in actuality, they are nothing.

Also, you will probably say that "oh, it is a vendetta against the league. Everybody hates us..." Get over yourself.

Pawno, have you ever been to a Raider game? Why do you like them? Random for a guy from Australia.

Why im a RAIDER FAN!!!

SIR CHARLES KINGSFORD SMITH
Al Davis didn’t put Oakland on the map.
The Autumn Raider Mascot however did!!!
What color is the wind. It’s the green blips on the screen.
Beep Beep as the bird soars on the night sky. STEALTH 2 the RAIDERS SCREEN.
That’s a smoke screen.
The real logo masked man is a mad pilot of the Pirates. With his eye patches and Samaruai swords like Helicopter blades.
See the Raider logo is a embelem of great aviation achievement, it was where the deep ball was invented. But Oakland is synominus in the record books as the birth place of the first Around the World flight with a Equator crossing. The person to do that was an Australian folklore legend in Charles Kingsford Smith or better known as just Smitty!
See Smitty wanted to see the record books just like Al Davis dreamed of achievements…. The real Autum Wind from the Land Downunder; Big Smitty left Oakland International Airport on May 31st 1929 in a rattly olde glider named The Southern Cross. See the Ironic thing about this is that the Southern Cross is a night sky constellation one would see in the Southern Hemisphere & the date of the Autumn Wind would have ended on May 31st the last day of Spring in the Northern Hemisphere… you Yanks be playing your summer baseball
Smitty sailed into the Autumn Wind, hoping his great achievement of circumference the earth would be a feat people would remember for lifetimes to come. However he was setting another great achievement. Whilst all the other great aviators were trying to put there name in the records by breaking speed and height records, Smitty had focused on the endurance record. Being the First man to fly around the world. But Most of all he put Oakland on the map. All the way from Morteon Bay Brisbane.

http://www.culture.gov.au/articles/kingsfordsmith/

I see a lot of similarities between Charles Kingsford Smith a Aussie Boy from Brisbane Australia, Coming over the Great Pacific Ocean and putting Oakland on the map. Smitty put his own bit of paradise, Brisbane on the map too. So maybe on this astonic anniversary. We can thank to Al Davis that he just got this right, His gone on a true Stretch the Field shopping spree and landed guys who’s gonna move Jamarcus chains.
Anyways im on a bit of a revolution ramble just like Sir Charles, just like the Raiders. Oakland is my spiritual home gods first pidgeon left from Oakland and returned to Oakland… Southern Cross representing All stretches of the Pacific Nations!!!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:12 am
JOEL wrote:i know i saw the seattle area college team had an awsome tailgate, with people rolling in on large family boats....i was thinking that the hawks tailgate must be nice as well?

Earlier in this thread I talk about Seahawks tailgates... dont really exist much now.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:24 am
bada wrote:
JOEL wrote:i know i saw the seattle area college team had an awsome tailgate, with people rolling in on large family boats....i was thinking that the hawks tailgate must be nice as well?

Earlier in this thread I talk about Seahawks tailgates... dont really exist much now.

Our tailgating group drove up to Seattle last year for the Niners-Seattle game. We were able to tailgate in a lot across the street from the stadium, but it definitely wasn't very big.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:28 am
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Thanks for calling me fat Pawn...

haha come on cap...
pictures are one thing and real life is another.......
you fat...dont think so.
Lena who is right next to me and i agree you are anything but fat...your just right :D

Thanks Joel I know I'm not. In one of those pictures I have three shirts on and the other one I'm wearing a XXL Merton Hanks jersey 'cause that's the only size they had. I was just giving him grief. :)
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:30 am
Captain_Jack wrote:
bada wrote:

Our tailgating group drove up to Seattle last year for the Niners-Seattle game. We were able to tailgate in a lot across the street from the stadium, but it definitely wasn't very big.

yeah, it is all about the bar scene. WIth Pioneer square right across the street, there are like 50 bars within a 4 block radius.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:33 am
Wow, I come into this thread to see some debate of "Mullin speaks on Maggette & Baron’s departure" and I get a NFL fan thread interesting but I guess that's how most discussions end up...

Star talking about one thing and it evolves into something else.

My friend that lives in Santa Cruz put the whole Raider thing best when a neighbor told him he had to be a Raider fan because he was from the East Bay.

My friend replied...

"I moved out of the East Bay to get away from the Raider fans"

BTW... I used to go to the Raider games as a kid before they left and it was a "true" blue collar team fanbase, working heard and partying hard.

I became a Niner fan the day they left (if a chick leaves you would you take her back like some of the Raider fans did?)

I went the first years they came back but after witnessing some of the most vile crap on the planet I will never go back. I'm all for a good time but throwing food and batteries at opposing team fans, puking in front of your two year old, and beating up one of your friends at your tailgate after the Raiders lose (yes, I witnessed all of this) is pathetic not tough.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:39 am
Captain_Jack wrote:Thanks for calling me fat Pawn...

nice shades cap
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:48 pm
Suddenly, this became an NFL debate, so I'll move this and change the title. Sorry, broe.
Previous

Return to Sports Board