Anthony Randolph in summer league

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:12 pm
yup... i mean our team looks promising... we don't have a superstar but since our players are so young... the amount of years they will have to play with each other grow.. and discover each one anothers weakness and strengths. Beans puts balls up in the basket so fast that it amazes me... then you got wright and randolph who are both quick and can be tenacious in the future...and then of course we still got monta... and then any player we can put in there... whether its jax mag and belli and so on
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:04 pm
We shouldn't base anything on these performances.

Didn't Belinelli have 40 in a summer league game last season?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:15 pm
Spree for 3 wrote:We shouldn't base anything on these performances.

Well, not sure about the rest but I am not basing anything on how many points he had, but rather his skill set. For a guy who will most likely end up being 7'0 tall he has tremendous skill level. I wanted to see if he had the skills to be a 3 and he most definately has them. He will need to be more consistent with his jumper but he took it to the hole going either left or right equally with ease. Even if he missed every shot he took, I still would have been impressed with his upside and potential.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:24 pm
Is there a link to video of the game?
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:41 pm
Spree for 3 wrote:We shouldn't base anything on these performances.

If you watched the Marco games you'd not that he did it on a fly jump shot, he was on a hot streak. You don't get by people with luck. Randolphs game is completely different.
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:46 pm
Belinelli had this same type of hype last summer league also and looked how he panned out :?
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:55 pm
Abyss Impact wrote:Belinelli had this same type of hype last summer league also and looked how he panned out :?

read what bada and tallboy wrote right above you. It explains it pretty good on why he is different than belinelli
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:04 pm
Abyss Impact wrote:Belinelli had this same type of hype last summer league also and looked how he panned out :?

for one, how do you determine how a guy pans out after one season? He lost confidence and then Nellie lost confidence in him. He didn't play. He still has a chance to come around, the guy has some skills. But I am excited about Randolph. He can become such a huge mismatch.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:09 pm
I think that, in the right system, Belinelli could be a good sixth or seventh man. Right now, though, Nellie is just killing the guy. He has no more confidence in himself because Nellie has none in him. If Marco was on a team that let him do what he does, he would produce, I bet.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:33 pm
Gone are the days when AK-47 looks like a superstar against the W's!!! I can't wait to see AK-47 get swatted by Randolph!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:13 am
Sfsfgiants why aren't you on the Randolph bandwagon??? ::lol:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:44 am
J-Rich wrote:Sfsfgiants why aren't you on the Randolph bandwagon??? ::lol:

Because he has yet to prove himself in anything more than one year of college, and he didnt even win there. I hope to be proven wrong, but I dont see him as being a good pro. I see him as another kid that is talented and athletic, but not a pro player.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:51 pm
He had no support behind at LSU. How is he suppose to win a championship with other far superior teams out there?

The kid is still young. You can't say he'll just be another player. Of course, you can't say he'll be a star either. But like I said... he's unproven. So while he hasn't proved he'll be a star, he hasn't proved he'll be a bust either.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:52 pm
xbay wrote:He had no support behind at LSU. How is he suppose to win a championship with other far superior teams out there?

The kid is still young. You can't say he'll just be another player. Of course, you can't say he'll be a star either. But like I said... he's unproven. So while he hasn't proved he'll be a star, he hasn't proved he'll be a bust either.

Most people on here are talking as if he is the second-coming. He is the next Chris Bosh, Lamar Odom, B-Wright, all of that. Until he proves anything, he is worthless, and, knowing Nellie, he will never get the chance to prove himself. He will probably be similar to Arenas, never play, run off with somebody else, and dominate.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:04 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbay wrote:He had no support behind at LSU. How is he suppose to win a championship with other far superior teams out there?

Most people on here are talking as if he is the second-coming. He is the next Chris Bosh, Lamar Odom, B-Wright, all of that. Until he proves anything, he is worthless, and, knowing Nellie, he will never get the chance to prove himself. He will probably be similar to Arenas, never play, run off with somebody else, and dominate.

too bad arenas did play while he was here with 25mpg. not as much during his rookie season as he should have, but towards the end of his rookie season he showed what he could do and became our point guard the very next year and for the year after.

not attacking you personally, but im getting kind of sick of people saying that nellie doesnt play rookies. he plays rookies that he thinks are ready to instantly make an impact in the game. if randolph can do that, then he will get time....it looks to me like he WILL be able to do that so i believe he WILL get time. webber showed he could make an instant impact and he got time as a rookie. same thing with josh howard at 25mpg as a rookie, if you'd like a more recent example, and even devin harris got 16mpg as a rookie.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball