Game Thread: Warriors @ Chicago Bulls - 11-09-2005

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

How many points will the Warriors win/lose by?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:46 pm

+10
20%
+5
53%
+1
20%
No votes
7%
No votes

Total votes : 15

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:46 pm
Golden State Warriors (3-1) @ Chicago Bulls (1-2)

Start time 5:00 PM PST @ The Bradley Center

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Mike Dunleavy
PF - Troy Murphy
C - Adonal Foyle

Probable starters for the Chicago Bulls
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Chris Duhon
SG - Kirk Hinrich
SF - Andres Nocioni
PF - Darius Songaila
C - Tyson Chandler

Team leaders
PPG - J. Richardson (23.3) | B. Gordon (17.0)
RPG - T. Murphy (9.0) | T. Chandler (10.3)
APG - B. Davis (8.0) | C. Duhon (9.3)
SPG - B. Davis (2.5) | C. Duhon (2.0)
BPG - A. Foyle (2.7) | T. Chandler (1.3)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:49 pm
we got an injured BD, but they got less depth than last year.
darious songaila is STARTING? i say chandler has a tougher time offensively w/o curry to help him out...and his scoring average last year wasn't even that good.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:09 am
Warriors take it, definitely!
Baron averages more than 10 assists now after the game versus Bucks.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:28 am
But the second night of back to backs can be an adventure. I was hoping we'd be able to blow Milwaukee out when we opened up at 13-point advantage so we could get our starters some rest in the 4th quarter but that didn't happen. Chicago will probably try to get an early lead on us but I think we have enough veterans to handle a quick start. Should be a very interesting game. It would be EXCELLENT to come home from our first road trip with a 3-0 record.

BTW - I love the previews you provide Krome!

PT-42
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:35 am
This game should be about as close as tonights against the Bucks, but I expect them to pull it out for sure. I like each of our starting five over theirs.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:38 am
The Bulls are a tough team, don't be so sure of an easy win for the Warriors. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost. It should be a close game, hopefully the warriors can continue with what they did against the Bucks

migya make the ring fall on ya
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:10 am
This should really be a good test. Back to back on the road, I imagine Baron's hammy is less healthy after a back to back as opposed to having a day or two off. If they win this game it would be HUGE.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:35 am
I'm going with my gut and saying the Warriors will pull it out by around 2. The Bulls got a good team, but their mostly guards. Duhon, Gordon, and Hinrich are all under 6'3" and NONE are as built as Baron. Look for his post game to do a lot of scoring. Also, JRich is gonna light the net on fire this game. Another game over 20 points, easy (no one on the other team can defend him). Another frustrating game for Dunleavy, but he'll show flashes of improvement. He'll score about 10, like he did last time... but not too much more than that. Murphy and Chandler are gonna battle between big men, but I'm guessing Murph's pulling it out. The best kept secret in the NBA is putting up star numbers; averaging a double double.

Nevertheless, the Bulls are a young squad who like to run and gun with us. I see Ben Gordon hitting from downtown at least twice (maybe three times) this game. Hinrich will quietly put up big numbers, also. It'll be close the whole game and, ultimately, come down to who can score and defend the best in the 4th... and, against the Bulls, I like our chances. Warriors by 3.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:46 am
Close game, I expect a low scoring outing (Warriors playing back to back, Bulls relying on defense), and to be decided by no more than 3-4 points. Hopefully with the Warriors pulling it out.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:48 am
32, you should keep writing. you started with around 2, then ended with 3. after a couple more pages, you'll catch up to me and say warriors win by 5!

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:51 am
The Bulls have a pretty good team like the Bucks. Sort of a "sleeper" team for lack of a better explanation, but can strike with somebody totally unexpected. I say the Warriors win, but it'll be a close game again. For the Bulls, I think the "frustration" factor will be provided by Andres Nocioni. Some guy who rarely gets noticed, but just eats away at the opposition.

Tim
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:12 am
kendo888 wrote:32, you should keep writing. you started with around 2, then ended with 3. after a couple more pages, you'll catch up to me and say warriors win by 5!

Hahaha, I'm thinking the Warriors pull it out at around 2... the reason I'm saying 3 is because I think it'll be a 1-point game in the 4th, with Golden State ending off a clutch jumper by Fisher or Baron... followed by Chicago missing a buzzer beater from downtown. But, hey, if we stole their inbound pass... 5 is totally possible! :-o
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:36 pm
10+ again baby.. No teams other than the top tier teams faze us. mmuuuhaHhahaha :crazy:
One F'ing year and thats it. F*ck!
http://www.myspace.com/djheebee
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:43 pm
There is no one on the Bulls who can come close to guarding J-Rich. I bet he lights them up tonight and Baron plays limited minutes just feeding him the ball. The only reason why this game will be fairly close is because Tyson Chandler is a monster on the offensive boards. Songaila, although pretty much worthless in other respects, is also a decent rebounder.

But I would be shocked to see J-Rich under 30 points tonight. Warriors win 108-103.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:51 pm
Back to backs are tuff. The Bulls are going to want it tonight after loosing in OT to the Spurs (I said this in the Bucks thred too.) But the Ws are much deeper and have the adv. at pretty much all positions.
Next

Return to Game Threads