brett farve

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:09 pm
does anyone love the drama surrounding the future hall of famer these last couple weeks. I surely do.

My question is why everyone is criticizing him for wanting to play? Not sure, farve is continuously making premature decisions of retirement, that does get old. But what isnt, is the fact that he still can play. The packers would be foolish to let him go anywhere but green bay. having this guy to continue to play will feel like a bonus to the die hard football fans out there. Die hard fans would of loved to see barry sanders continue his journey for perfection. Oh what would of we gave to see him play another season or two. Farve at his age continues to perform at a reletively high level. people calling for him to retire clearly do not appreciate the greatness or quality of football (aka 63% sportsnation).

thoughts anyone?

p.s. farve, wanna come to oakland?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:15 pm
I agree to a large degree aj. If he wants to play and can play at a high level, then why not. Last year he obviously proved he has something in the tank.

I would be much more critical if he was just trying to hang on and was a complete shell of himself. That would be said. But that is not the case here.

The only part that is tough is that he DID say he was going to retire and the team moved on. The used the cap space and drafted 2 qb's in the draft. This puts them in a very bad position.

The last thing they want it to see him play for a divsion rival like Chicago or Minnesota but it would be hard for them to keep him on the roster with his salary and roster spots. Cant really carry 4 QB's and they would risk losing one of their drafted QB's if they try and send them to the practice squad.

So I am not critizizing him for wanting to play, but rather the way it is going down.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:16 pm
i just got back from spending 9 days in wisconsin......most the fans there would love him to get back into the nfl..as long as he stays a packer.
wellmost that i spoke to anyway
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:45 pm
JOEL wrote:i just got back from spending 9 days in wisconsin......most the fans there would love him to get back into the nfl..as long as he stays a packer.
wellmost that i spoke to anyway

Wow being in Wisconsin during the last 9 days.. would have been like being in Washington when the Monica Lewinsky affair broke across the 6pm news and newspapers...

I don't know if id wanna be in either of those 2 places at that time purely for the propaganda local news agencies try and feed you.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:14 pm
well there you hear it... Favre is asking to be released by the packers... wonder what team would take him? THE NINERS to mentor A smith
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:22 pm
the only negetive thing i can truely think of, but its no big deal cuz i want him to come back, is that he wont be a part of the pontentially best hall of fame class. 2013 was set up to be legandary. Strahan, Ogden, Farve, Sapp, L. Allen... Even without farve, that class is brilliant... oh well, 2014 will be just as good!
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:22 pm
Ahhhhh Farve kills me. But I love the idea of having him in SF. Im 1st a Raiders fan but I wouldn't want him, JaMarcus will rise!
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:26 am
Farve is really hurting this franchise's youth movement at QB. And if he keeps this up, he may cause a distraction that causes this team to drop a couple important games.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:28 am
big problem is this...the pacs draft future qbs, the back up was to start and probably will.......then if he doesnt do well the fans will wish the team had farve in the game ......its all bad out their...thy take farve back and they waisted the offseason they dont take farve back and the fans are in a twist
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:02 pm
if Niners can acquire Favre i think the niners can use him to develop alex smith....who knows A.Smith can become the next favre or manning or brady... :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:09 pm
I don't think the Niners would want a 3yr/39 million backup. I sure don't. I like Farve, and I hate our QB situation, but still.

The thing I don't like about what Farve is doing is that it put the organization in a hole and Aaron Rodgers the chance to think about walking after this season if he doesn't play. I think Rodgers has the chance to do well, it's just a shame Farve has to always come back once the Packers seem they're ready to move on.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:47 pm
I dont understand this why wont the packers let me go? Talk about the ultimate backstabbing organization. After all the favre did for the packers there should not even be a milisecond the packers wont let him go if they have decided to go in another direction qb wise. Why are the Packers organization being such hard asses for?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:02 pm
world b free fan wrote:I dont understand this why wont the packers let me go? Talk about the ultimate backstabbing organization. After all the favre did for the packers there should not even be a milisecond the packers wont let him go if they have decided to go in another direction qb wise. Why are the Packers organization being such hard asses for?

because the LAST thing they want to see if Favre going to either of their two division rivals (Bears and Vikes) who could use a QB like Favre desperately! It would be idiotic to allow that to happen.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:13 pm
yeah and considering he would only agree to go to a contending team...who out their will be in the hunt and still needs a qb?
if tmc were around he would say the bucs...
and now throwing salt on the wound the " community owned " pac toss's
favre under the bus with tampering charges...wow
if bret wouldn't have thrown those last few gang signs the pac would have taken him back open arms 8)
T.S. Eliot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:29 pm
The Packs are accusing the Vikings for collusion. Man, this plot just continues to thicken in this story huh.

Also, Farve on the St. Peterson times (Tampa Bay Area Paper) said he wanted to play for a cold city team, and that the Bucs would be propbably too warm. Im paraphrasing it so dont quote me, but i just think he does have his mind set for the Vikings or Bears.
Next

Return to Sports Board