A Really Boring Thread........Seriously, Dont Bother Looking

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:31 am
I do think Turiaf fits the team but I also think Croshere provided similar things, maybe less shotblocking and more outside shooting, but for minimum salary!

Mullin should still go like a madman after JSmith, then Deng if Smith isn't gettable. There are a few freeagents that are gettable, hopefully for reasonable prices, and would fit the team, like Josh Childress, same team as JSmith but would come much cheaper. He is a very underrated player that does pretty much everything well. RDavis of Miami could also be a very good fit and also cheap. Marion will ask for too much but would be a great fit here as well. Carlos Delfino is a very good outside shooter and should be resigned by Toronto but if not, he maybe could be had for cheap and would add a very good outside shooter (a need now) to the team. JR Smith, who likely will be resigned by Denver, would be a good fit here as well.

What I see in the team is a somewhat logjam at SG/SF, with SJackson, Azu (hopefully resigned), Barnes (might be resigned), Belinelli and now Maggette. PF is also somewhat jammed with Harrington, BWright, Turiaf (said to be backup Center, we'll see), Croshere (likely not resigned) and the two rookies, the 2nd rounder likely not getting any court time. Center, with Biedrins and Turiaf, with a bit of BWright I suspect, is in pretty good shape, barring injury to Biedrins. PG position is the major weakness as Monta is not a PG, at least not yet, and has to prove himself as one and CJ Watson (a reasonable backup). I don't know why Mullin would risk this and not try to pull off a trade for a starting valiber PG, Felton and Hinrich the popular choices here and for good reason as they are gettable and likely for cheap right now.

Mullin has been real good making choices with personnel of the team but he looks to be short sited right now if he thinks Monta can jump straight in and fill Baron's spot. Monta was so good being allowed to be a scorer and now his role is almost completely changed, just not right. A great PG is what makes a running team go and it looks rather grim right now

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:04 am
migya wrote:What I see in the team is a somewhat logjam at SG/SF, with SJackson, Azu (hopefully resigned), Barnes (might be resigned), Belinelli and now Maggette. PF is also somewhat jammed with Harrington, BWright, Turiaf (said to be backup Center, we'll see), Croshere (likely not resigned) and the two rookies, the 2nd rounder likely not getting any court time. Center, with Biedrins and Turiaf, with a bit of BWright I suspect, is in pretty good shape, barring injury to Biedrins. PG position is the major weakness as Monta is not a PG, at least not yet, and has to prove himself as one and CJ Watson (a reasonable backup). I don't know why Mullin would risk this and not try to pull off a trade for a starting valiber PG, Felton and Hinrich the popular choices here and for good reason as they are gettable and likely for cheap right now.

that's exactly what im trying to say. with the 3/4/5 filled with stephen, al, corey, randolph, marco, brandan, and turiaf, it's hard tell whose going to be in the rotation and whose not. i think its safe to say that monta, stephen, and maggette will get their minutes, and that's koo, but what about our youngsters?

i dunno. i guess im trippin because after baron opted out, i was prepared to watch a season of rebuilding, which i was excited for. i wouldnt mind watching marco, brandan, randolph, andris, and hendrix play a losing season if it means they'll get the experience to win the next couple of seasons............
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:03 pm
8th ave wrote:
migya wrote:What I see in the team is a somewhat logjam at SG/SF, with SJackson, Azu (hopefully resigned), Barnes (might be resigned), Belinelli and now Maggette. PF is also somewhat jammed with Harrington, BWright, Turiaf (said to be backup Center, we'll see), Croshere (likely not resigned) and the two rookies, the 2nd rounder likely not getting any court time. Center, with Biedrins and Turiaf, with a bit of BWright I suspect, is in pretty good shape, barring injury to Biedrins. PG position is the major weakness as Monta is not a PG, at least not yet, and has to prove himself as one and CJ Watson (a reasonable backup). I don't know why Mullin would risk this and not try to pull off a trade for a starting valiber PG, Felton and Hinrich the popular choices here and for good reason as they are gettable and likely for cheap right now.

that's exactly what im trying to say. with the 3/4/5 filled with stephen, al, corey, randolph, marco, brandan, and turiaf, it's hard tell whose going to be in the rotation and whose not. i think its safe to say that monta, stephen, and maggette will get their minutes, and that's koo, but what about our youngsters?

i dunno. i guess im trippin because after baron opted out, i was prepared to watch a season of rebuilding, which i was excited for. i wouldnt mind watching marco, brandan, randolph, andris, and hendrix play a losing season if it means they'll get the experience to win the next couple of seasons............

This season could be better than last season IF Mullin trades for either Felton or Hinrich. Both are in the top 1/3 of PGs in the nba last season I believe and getting rid of Harrington will open up opportunities for BWright, who right now looks like getting no more minutes than last season. That one move, Harrington for either Hinrich or Felton and filler, would actually make the team alot more balanced BUT the SG/SF positions are still way too stacked and looks like Marco and Azu won't play much again. Maybe Barnes won't be resigned and all the team will have is Maggette, SJackson, Marco and Azu at SG/SF, not bad as that gives all of them some court time but I see Nelson not using Marco and Azu much at all. If Barnes isn't kept, I'd like to see Croshere come back for one more year at least

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:45 pm
Mr.KC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Ahh hah!!!

Now my Off Topic chums............lets talk Warrior Basketball in a civilised and non crazy way. :mrgreen:

Maggette.............meh, Im not liking it..............locking up that much cap space for a guy of his age, and defensive liability............yes the scoring is good, and especially the way he scores (in ways that we dont) but I dont like how he doesnt really address any of our weaknesses.

Also, he is quite injury prone too, not on a massive scale but still......... thats a long contract.

The big thing I dont like about it, is the that it obviously shows that we are going with Monta at the point...........as unless S-Jax is getting traded, you cant play all three (and none would be happy coming off the bench)

Turiaf............screw him, dont like the dude.............but hes a bruiser, so maybe its ok, depends on how much he is gonna get.

PIETRUS IS GOING!!!.............WOOOOO WHOOOOOO!!!

Thats me.

concerning Monta, I felt the same way as you... but after thinking about it for awhile, I've come to the conclusion that this situation was pretty much inevitable... the only reason Monta was able to play the 2 is because of Barons size and strength and his ability to defend multiple positions... there are very few PGs who have the size + strength to defend multiple positions... His first 3 years in league were a unique and rare situation...

I think Monta has all the tools to be a great PG... speed, quickness, ability to penetrate a defense and his vision and passing ability have improved each year... he played with and was mentored by one of the games best PGs ( Baron ) for 3 years and I think it is time for him to take over the reigns...

Since Monta will be playing PG, Corey Maggette fills a need as our new swingman...

i've read somewhere that nellie said barnes will not be returning... even if thats the case, we're still stacked at 2/3... barnes was played at the 4 anyways... i'd hate to see marco, brandan, buike ridin the bench again...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:19 pm
Posted this in Warriors Basketball but wanted to see what you guys think of it (incase any of you are still ignoring Warriors Basketball) =

Thinking about one of the big things we lose with not having Baron.............is a guy who can CREATE a game winning play.

S-Jax is clutch yes but a spot up/catch and shoot clutch player............look at everyone of Baron's game winning shots (Boston, LA, Dallas x2, Houston, Sonics........all the rest), they were all off the dribble, with the ball in his hands, letting him create the space and bury the shot..............who do we have that A: Can really do that at that level? and B: Can do that in pressure situations.

Monta would be a candidate of course, but only in mid-range at this point, and the only game winner hes had was a spot up, from a pass from Baron (it was a three though, I know :mrgreen:)..........and as far as I can remember or have ever witnessed, I have never seen Magette take/make a game winning shot...........?

So who do we go to create a game winning opportunity? can we rely on Nellie's set plays to negate the fact we dont have a clutch creator and shot maker anymore?

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:20 pm
bigstrads wrote:
E-Man wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
sleandres wrote:I agree, Magette is stealing this money. I wouln't necessarily mind the sign if it were more economical.

Here is the thing...if no team interested could offer more than the MLE, why not just offer slightly above that? What is wrong with 5/$35??? Am I missing something that makes Magette worth $ 10 mil/yr?

Dont think you are dude, the amount per year is baffling me too............atleast if its staggered (starting at 7.5/8 mil perhaps) then we have enough room to sign a 11/12 mil guy too..............Josh Smith!!!............please. [-o<

actually bigs, i think the deal is said to be starting around 8.5 for the first year. dont quote me on that cuz that's just speculation. if thats the case, then we still have about 9-10 million to sign another free agent (though their contract would probably stay at around that range. im not sure if josh smith could be had at that price, but if so then id be extremely happy.

note: for anyone worried about turiaf dipping into our cap that baron left us with...turiaf wouldnt be dipping into that cuz he's basically gonna make what we paid pietrus (for the first year).

So I was a million or so out................but thinking about it, as far Smith is concerned, that could be difference maker. :roll:

But.............now thinking about what you just said about Turiaf.............when looking at our cap space, and having about 20 mil room (after Baron opting out of course), Pietrus was not included in that..................ergo = the 20 mil we have is already WITHOUT Pietrus's contract due to him being an un-restrcited FA, so Magettes money takes our toom to 11 mil or so, then Turiaf WILL eat out of that, taking it to what? 7/8 mil? :banghead:

I dont know, maybe Pietrus's money has now come off so we have more room.............its all so bloody confusing. :wink:

ahh...yeah you're right. my math was off. we're at about 30 mill right now and thats without monta's contract and maggs contract. with maggs starting at about 8.5 and i would assume monta started around there too (if he got a 1mill per yr contract..say 9 million), thats roughly 17.5 million there.

so that brings us to about 48 million. turiaf gets about 4, so 52 million. leaving us with 6 million to play around with. definitely not enough for smith.

cant wait til foyles buyout comes off the books next year. good 10 million for us to use right there.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:45 pm
Don't know what teams have salary cap space but trading Harrington to one of them, like what happened with JRich to Bobcats, could create enough cap space to go after JSmith or another player worth 12 million or so.

The Clippers are 30 million under the cap, not counting Baron's contract, so maybe offering them Harrington, to replace Brand as PF, could be possible. That does give another 10 million for the team to use, so around about 16 million in cap space, maybe enough to get JSmith or another star free agent and still trade for Felton, who make just over 4 million

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:27 pm
Andris is not going anywhere....

I hope

that is all...

:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:58 am
I'm back to my sanctuary thread, thanks for this thread James, as I have found out lately that I need it again. GSW 2006 is back and more annoying than every. And now I think we are getting the "Avery Johnson Should be our next coach" stuff again. I love this board, but why does it have to drive me away???? lol
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:26 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:I'm back to my sanctuary thread, thanks for this thread James, as I have found out lately that I need it again. GSW 2006 is back and more annoying than every. And now I think we are getting the "Avery Johnson Should be our next coach" stuff again. I love this board, but why does it have to drive me away???? lol

I know dude, you know your bro's on here feel the same.

That GSW2006 guy needs to go, especially as he is driving highly valued members, like you Rob, to measures like this and generally feel like you dont want to be here.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:52 pm
Maybe i should just go back to ignoring certain people. Anyway, i doubt i would leave the board completely, and it's tough trying to get rid of people for stating an opinion.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:41 pm
Not that Ive been able to check and read the board much.........but the times I have over the last week, Ive noticed alot of Nelson Kool-Aid/Jizm drinking still going on.

I just cant fathom how anyone in any kind of mind would be able to defend/excuse him...........I mean I look at Warriors Basketball a minute ago and there are atleast 4 people defending him and not even acknowledging anything he is doing is wrong!!! :evil:

I mean, Ive been ragging on and saying the same sh*t about Nelson for about 2 years (half way through 07-08) now and everyone and I that has something to say about Nelson backs it up with examples, logic, thought and all sorts of stuff.

But these guys cant even acknowledge he is at fault for much at all!!! I mean how is that possible? = Do they not know basketball that well? do they not know how the game is supposed to be played and how EVERY SINGLE TEAM HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL WITH THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT NELSON DOES?

Any of these *so close to calling them derogatory names but holding back* remember/seen this quote?

"Offense sells tickets, Defense wins games, Rebounding wins championships." - Pat Summit, University of Tennessee

I mean how much more perfect and relevant could that be to us with how Cohan runs this team and how Nelson doesnt preach or emphasize either of the 2 key things required to win...........hillarious.

Baffles the sh*t out of me...........so I thought I would bring this old thread back up cuz I cant go "in there" right now.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:16 am
bigstrads wrote:Not that Ive been able to check and read the board much.........but the times I have over the last week, Ive noticed alot of Nelson Kool-Aid/Jizm drinking still going on.

I just cant fathom how anyone in any kind of mind would be able to defend/excuse him...........I mean I look at Warriors Basketball a minute ago and there are atleast 4 people defending him and not even acknowledging anything he is doing is wrong!!! :evil:

I mean, Ive been ragging on and saying the same sh*t about Nelson for about 2 years (half way through 07-08) now and everyone and I that has something to say about Nelson backs it up with examples, logic, thought and all sorts of stuff.

But these guys cant even acknowledge he is at fault for much at all!!! I mean how is that possible? = Do they not know basketball that well? do they not know how the game is supposed to be played and how EVERY SINGLE TEAM HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL WITH THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT NELSON DOES?

Any of these *so close to calling them derogatory names but holding back* remember/seen this quote?

"Offense sells tickets, Defense wins games, Rebounding wins championships." - Pat Summit, University of Tennessee

I mean how much more perfect and relevant could that be to us with how Cohan runs this team and how Nelson doesnt preach or emphasize either of the 2 key things required to win...........hillarious.

Baffles the sh*t out of me...........so I thought I would bring this old thread back up cuz I cant go "in there" right now.

Preach, bro!!! Bestow your rage over those that don't know what they're doing!!! :mrgreen:

No, really, it's true. Seems like a couple of wins are enough to change lots of minds regarding... well, everything.

But people just fail to see that this team lacks a direction. We're not developing anything, just relying on a couple of vets (I consider Monta a vet at this point) to get some wins here and there to increase Nellie's win total, but we're not building anything. This team cannot win consistently against teams with a good inside game, and we have no hope to do that in the near future (our biggest and only hope might have been Randolph, and his season might be over already...)
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:11 am
lol what a sneaky little thread!
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:24 am
Quazza wrote:lol what a sneaky little thread!

Sssshhh :-$ Don't tell anybody.

This is Big's lair, and we want it to stay like that. :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum