A Really Boring Thread........Seriously, Dont Bother Looking

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:04 am
Ahh hah!!!

Now my Off Topic chums............lets talk Warrior Basketball in a civilised and non crazy way. :mrgreen:

Maggette.............meh, Im not liking it..............locking up that much cap space for a guy of his age, and defensive liability............yes the scoring is good, and especially the way he scores (in ways that we dont) but I dont like how he doesnt really address any of our weaknesses.

Also, he is quite injury prone too, not on a massive scale but still......... thats a long contract.

The big thing I dont like about it, is the that it obviously shows that we are going with Monta at the point...........as unless S-Jax is getting traded, you cant play all three (and none would be happy coming off the bench)

Turiaf............screw him, dont like the dude.............but hes a bruiser, so maybe its ok, depends on how much he is gonna get.

PIETRUS IS GOING!!!.............WOOOOO WHOOOOOO!!!

Thats me.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:09 am
Corey gets to the basket better than anyone on our team, and hes not a chucker this makes it a good move imo. The money is too much but its not a big deal. Turiaf is a great move imo, he does everything we lack, his presence alone should uplift this team. We already are the most fun team to watch, Turiaf will make it way more entertaining with his dances and his insane amount of hustle. I think this signals that Jackson is done here, I love Jackson but I think he and Al will be shopped around for point guard help and some more depth. Hopefully we end up with Raymond Felton at the end of the offseason :mrgreen:
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:18 am
jimbob631 wrote:Corey gets to the basket better than anyone on our team, and hes not a chucker this makes it a good move imo. The money is too much but its not a big deal. Turiaf is a great move imo, he does everything we lack, his presence alone should uplift this team. We already are the most fun team to watch, Turiaf will make it way more entertaining with his dances and his insane amount of hustle. I think this signals that Jackson is done here, I love Jackson but I think he and Al will be shopped around for point guard help and some more depth. Hopefully we end up with Raymond Felton at the end of the offseason :mrgreen:

I suppose your right Jimbob, what he brings offensively is so lacking in the players we currently have..............just the D thing, and perhaps I was so wanting it to be Josh Smith or someone similarly young with so much room to get better...........who knows, could still be.

I suppose your right about Turiaf (what is with French NBA players being crazy bastards and what not?).............its just that he is a Fa/uker............still, Ill get over it. :wink:

God man, with S-Jax and Al going............we would be the youngest team in the league, maybe EVER!...........but I think they need to go too, S-Jax isnt going to get near the good looks he had with Baron around, and I couldnt handle him taking on more ball handling duties.

Lots to do my friends, big changes are coming.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:26 am
OMFG!!!!.............there is a guy in Warriors Basketball, that has just posted asking "Didnt we sign Vince Carter as a free agent last year?" "So we can use him as trade bait, or just keep him in the starting lineup"

"PF: Maggette/Harrington
SF: Carter/Maggette
C: Biedrins
SG: S-Jax
PG: Monta"

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:41 am
bigstrads wrote:OMFG!!!!.............there is a guy in Warriors Basketball, that has just posted asking "Didnt we sign Vince Carter as a free agent last year?" "So we can use him as trade bait, or just keep him in the starting lineup"

"PF: Maggette/Harrington
SF: Carter/Maggette
C: Biedrins
SG: S-Jax
PG: Monta"

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

wow :shock: that is what we are getting though. By the way, Maggette is signed for way too much, i think they rushed it on this one. Turiaf, i'm not a big fan of, but i'll wait and see what he gives us
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:11 pm
I agree, Magette is stealing this money. I wouln't necessarily mind the sign if it were more economical.

Here is the thing...if no team interested could offer more than the MLE, why not just offer slightly above that? What is wrong with 5/$35??? Am I missing something that makes Magette worth $ 10 mil/yr?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:31 pm
sleandres wrote:I agree, Magette is stealing this money. I wouln't necessarily mind the sign if it were more economical.

Here is the thing...if no team interested could offer more than the MLE, why not just offer slightly above that? What is wrong with 5/$35??? Am I missing something that makes Magette worth $ 10 mil/yr?

Dont think you are dude, the amount per year is baffling me too............atleast if its staggered (starting at 7.5/8 mil perhaps) then we have enough room to sign a 11/12 mil guy too..............Josh Smith!!!............please. [-o<
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:42 pm
Well I don't know for sure, but what I'm hearing kind of unofficially is that Maggette is getting between and 7-8 per year and they're saying 6 is the MLE...so they did actually give him just a little about the MLE. I don't really get all that crap, but that's the kind of info that seems to be floating around.

Anyway I hate the Maggette signing, big waste of money and space.

Turiaf...eh, I'm impartial, I think he's a giant goofy oaf, but that's kind of what I thought about Pietrus...maybe it's those French guys. Either way he at least fills a need and comes nice and cheap...doesn't really bother me.

I'm tired of trying to guess what's going on, I'll just chill and see what we end up with come pre-season.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:49 pm
I agree he was paid too much but hes not a waste of space. He fills a need for us, he can take it to the rack better than anyone on our team and we need that.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:57 am
Jesus.........now weve got people lying in Warriors Basketball, just so they can make up rumours and type a nice new little list of our starters and backups............. :banghead:

Never have I been this annoyed and crazy in an off season, I want it all over with man.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:30 pm
what were the new ones you've heard james? I haven't payed much attention to those threads in the Warriors Basketball section. A few, but not much. I really have to wait until the beginning of the season to judge though. We don't know how this team will play. Future looks kinda bright, Biedrins, Wright, Randolph, Belli, Monta... not bad prospects. I hope they pan out.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:28 pm
espn reported that maggette has already been inked and a close source said 5yrs 50 mil... but its still not final... i'll be content with the signing if it was more like 5yrs 42 mil...

i like the turiaf signing tho... i think he'll be a good backup to biedrins and also good for the locker room... i think he replaces pietrus really well personality wise.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:42 pm
bigstrads wrote:Ahh hah!!!

Now my Off Topic chums............lets talk Warrior Basketball in a civilised and non crazy way. :mrgreen:

Maggette.............meh, Im not liking it..............locking up that much cap space for a guy of his age, and defensive liability............yes the scoring is good, and especially the way he scores (in ways that we dont) but I dont like how he doesnt really address any of our weaknesses.

Also, he is quite injury prone too, not on a massive scale but still......... thats a long contract.

The big thing I dont like about it, is the that it obviously shows that we are going with Monta at the point...........as unless S-Jax is getting traded, you cant play all three (and none would be happy coming off the bench)

Turiaf............screw him, dont like the dude.............but hes a bruiser, so maybe its ok, depends on how much he is gonna get.

PIETRUS IS GOING!!!.............WOOOOO WHOOOOOO!!!

Thats me.

concerning Monta, I felt the same way as you... but after thinking about it for awhile, I've come to the conclusion that this situation was pretty much inevitable... the only reason Monta was able to play the 2 is because of Barons size and strength and his ability to defend multiple positions... there are very few PGs who have the size + strength to defend multiple positions... His first 3 years in league were a unique and rare situation...

I think Monta has all the tools to be a great PG... speed, quickness, ability to penetrate a defense and his vision and passing ability have improved each year... he played with and was mentored by one of the games best PGs ( Baron ) for 3 years and I think it is time for him to take over the reigns...

Since Monta will be playing PG, Corey Maggette fills a need as our new swingman...

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:01 pm
bigstrads wrote:
sleandres wrote:I agree, Magette is stealing this money. I wouln't necessarily mind the sign if it were more economical.

Dont think you are dude, the amount per year is baffling me too............atleast if its staggered (starting at 7.5/8 mil perhaps) then we have enough room to sign a 11/12 mil guy too..............Josh Smith!!!............please. [-o<

actually bigs, i think the deal is said to be starting around 8.5 for the first year. dont quote me on that cuz that's just speculation. if thats the case, then we still have about 9-10 million to sign another free agent (though their contract would probably stay at around that range. im not sure if josh smith could be had at that price, but if so then id be extremely happy.

note: for anyone worried about turiaf dipping into our cap that baron left us with...turiaf wouldnt be dipping into that cuz he's basically gonna make what we paid pietrus (for the first year).
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:32 am
E-Man wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

actually bigs, i think the deal is said to be starting around 8.5 for the first year. dont quote me on that cuz that's just speculation. if thats the case, then we still have about 9-10 million to sign another free agent (though their contract would probably stay at around that range. im not sure if josh smith could be had at that price, but if so then id be extremely happy.

note: for anyone worried about turiaf dipping into our cap that baron left us with...turiaf wouldnt be dipping into that cuz he's basically gonna make what we paid pietrus (for the first year).

So I was a million or so out................but thinking about it, as far Smith is concerned, that could be difference maker. :roll:

But.............now thinking about what you just said about Turiaf.............when looking at our cap space, and having about 20 mil room (after Baron opting out of course), Pietrus was not included in that..................ergo = the 20 mil we have is already WITHOUT Pietrus's contract due to him being an un-restrcited FA, so Magettes money takes our toom to 11 mil or so, then Turiaf WILL eat out of that, taking it to what? 7/8 mil? :banghead:

I dont know, maybe Pietrus's money has now come off so we have more room.............its all so bloody confusing. :wink:
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum