Billy Beane is an asshole

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:59 pm
We traded Rich harden to the cubs. Naturally I'm pissed, as a fan I'm pist, as an analyst I'm pissed. This is the problem with the A's we can never keep a team together, we have been rebuilding forever while winning. Billy Beane always does this a player becomes good he wants prospects. I wish Rich Harden the best of luck

Also you know that now the A's traded him he will stay healthy for the rest of his career and become the best ever. Billy Beane is not willing to spend money. The only GM in oakland willing to spend money his Al Davis.

It is not just Rich Harden either, no, ne also traded Chad Guadin. Also Tim Hudson. Everyone says Billy Beane is a genius, but as long as he is the GM we will not win the world series, why because he always trades his best players. Next before it is to late I'm going to say good bye to Mark Ellis. :banghead:

I'm going to pray to god that this is only a nightmare and I'll wake up from it. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I like pie

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:14 pm
Its not Billy Beanes who is cheap, its the ownership. Billy Beane is the best in the business when it comes to working with what ownership gives him.

He has made great trades such as the Mulder one, and so far the haren and Swisher deals look nice.

Rich Harden never could stay healthy, and could never be counted on. Why would we give out big dollars to a pitcher who we wouldnt know could stay healthy, where as we could get prospects for the future. Lets face it, the team isnt built to win this year. We have a lot of prospects in the minors through the trades Beane has made and are set for the future.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:16 pm
GM's don't spend money, ownership does. Mulder ain't doing too hot, how bout Zito. Hudson is doing ok. What about other guys they traded, Giambi, Swisher, they are ok but not great. They should have traded Chavez too when his health first started to decline he still had value
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:22 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:GM's don't spend money, ownership does. Mulder ain't doing too hot, how bout Zito. Hudson is doing ok. What about other guys they traded, Giambi, Swisher, they are ok but not great. They should have traded Chavez too when his health first started to decline he still had value
We didn't trade Giambi. Rich Harden trade will be the worst trade he has ever commited, Harden is the best in the business, you guys wouldn't understand watching all of your players be traded,

Hudson is great right now
Milton is great right now to

He has had good trades, but obviously he was drinkin on this one.
I like pie
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:41 pm
rebel wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:GM's don't spend money, ownership does. Mulder ain't doing too hot, how bout Zito. Hudson is doing ok. What about other guys they traded, Giambi, Swisher, they are ok but not great. They should have traded Chavez too when his health first started to decline he still had value
We didn't trade Giambi. Rich Harden trade will be the worst trade he has ever commited, Harden is the best in the business, you guys wouldn't understand watching all of your players be traded,

Hudson is great right now
Milton is great right now to

He has had good trades, but obviously he was drinkin on this one.

Good catch on the Giambi one, i forgot he was a FA. But how bout if your franchise hung on to every last bit of talent from their players? What if your organization was not proactive and went and kept a guy until he had no more value. You'll understand when you get older man. Plus we are all warrior fans, so don't tell me I don't understand about bad management. i lived through the Twardzic and St. Jean eras. Bimbo coles anyone?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:57 pm
I said all I ask for is one great player that we stick with. We haven't done that.
I like pie
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:18 am
Hey, we've had this remedial fellow rebel invade our Athleticsclubhouse.com board. Can you guys keep him over here? Make sure he doesn't wander too far? He made the exact same grammar eviscerating post on our message board. Since he joined, like 2 days ago he's made 130 posts.

The Harden trade was tough, but it had to be done. The dude was already showing signs of hurting again, his velocity was sitting at 91 his last start. He brushed it off as dead arm but yah right. We got basically a surefire stud in Gallagher and a late blooming stud in Eric Patterson. Murton was a nice throw in who could benefit from a change of scenery.

When Harden goes on the shelf in a week or two, the trade will look alot better
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:18 am
why are you freaking out??its the OAKLAND ATHLETICS!

They can win without big names.They have the best farm system in baseball.Dont even frigin worry.There will be a new harden type player,i loved that guy too.But it happens....who cares,its the a's man remember.
Go Ham
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:26 am
Billy Beane is a genious. The guys he has dumped for prospects usually haven't been too sparkely after being traded. I commend him, but it is hard to realize that with this ownership it will be hard to get a true face of the franchise....
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 am
How can someone be "pist" as a fan but "pissed" as an analyzt?

Oh, and if you haven't caught on by the myriad responses debunking your viewpoint you have no idea what you're talking about.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:50 am
I seen them, I'm still pissed at rich deal, his talent was one and a kind, He is baseball best when healthy. as an analyst just means I really hate the trade. I will only forgive bill beane if rich harden gets hurt
I like pie

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:27 pm
hmmm everyone who criticizes billy beane apparent continue to forget all the success the A's have had over the years in contrast to pay role. Remember, just two years ago we were in the American League conference finals against Detroit. We traded Mulder and Hudson. Haren came in that deal and has been more effective then those two combine since. Remeber we let Zito go, and he's been a bust in SF.

Haren and Swisher were trade this offseason. Those prospects are looking phenominal. Gio Gonzalez looks to be a beast of a pitcher in the Sacramento RiverCats, and Carlos Gonzales looks to be a solid OF with Oakland

Stop Criticizing Billy Beane. If u want the A's to have more money, help out, go to some games!
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:49 pm
well...what beane doing is just demand from upper management...they want A's develop the young players and once they move to Fremont...they are World series champs contender

A's is Pitchers factory....they do know how to make a good pitcher
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:15 pm
tallboy12321 wrote:Billy Beane is a genious. The guys he has dumped for prospects usually haven't been too sparkely after being traded. I commend him, but it is hard to realize that with this ownership it will be hard to get a true face of the franchise....

Agreed theat Beane is a genious, and agreed that ownership will not spend the money to get a true face to the franchise.

Any team would be lucky to have BB as the GM. He makes the most of what he is given. He turns good players into multiple good players via the trade on the regular. He cannot be put to blame for the ownership not shelling out the cash. Although he did make one bad choice, he should have kept Tejada (even if it turns out he is 50, not 34 :mrgreen: ) instead of Chavez.

Imagine if Beane, and all of his genious, worked for a team with ownership that didn't mind spending money...that could be a scaaaary team!

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:26 pm
here is another stat... since the year 2000, no team besides the New York Yankees have won more games then the Oakland Athletics... talk about bang for the buck
Next

Return to Sports Board